Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newcomer

It was said that there will be news on 12th. That's tomorrow...

Every side is saying that nothing is close to be done.

City, Barcelona and Paris all have their fair chances.

The guys that are confident for Paris are saying dates like 15 (for announcement) or 18 (for photoshoot and family should come to Paris but still, their reliability remains to be seen). Guys associated to Paris United are saying de Jong should sign but are not definitive in their statement (no date except his agent should be in Paris next week, not 100% done).

Jair Ventura

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="es" dir="ltr">Me acaba de enviar un mensaje un amigo desde Amsterdam, alguien muy informado de todo lo que rodea al Ajax desde siempre. Me dice: "atento, Por lo que se, Frenkie de Jong lo tiene más o menos hecho con el PSG, igual que el Ajax". Me voy a dormir preocupado.</p>— Francesc Aguilar (@MDpor_elmundo) <a href="https://twitter.com/MDpor_elmundo/status/1083881030761746433?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 12, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Spanish sources reporting FDJ & De Ligt to PSG

gregorrin10

It's the 12th. So i'm guessing a matter of hours now? :p

Jokes aside, i really do hope we can get at least him, since it seems we're not gonna go after De Ligt at all. :angry: Secretly hoping, but waiting on the inevitable moment, when PSG announces both FDJ and MDL at the same time, while Sport, MD and other 'credible' Catalan sources come out and say, the Board was so close, but FDJ chose money instead. Meanwhile in reality, we don't even put an offer in, or just keep low-balling Ajax with some ridiculous 30-40M offer, before PSG ties them both up, while we retaliate by buying Rabiot until the end of the month, thus gifting PSG 10M extra. :lol:

Last edited:

xXKonan

Yeah, I wouldn't use Francesc Aguilar as a source.

He also said a couple of weeks ago that the same "Friend" claimed that De Ligt was close to Barca.

Porque

Say Frenkie fails. Whats the odds if Ndombele and/or Aouar perform well against us that those names will be our midfield signings in Sport and MD until the Summer.

I'd say 99+1%

Sorin

I don't see De Ligt in that tweet. Am I missing something?

We don't have money for the both of them anyway. If we sell Denis, Gomes and Rakitic/Malcom then maybe. We would still need money for other positions though.

Jombi

Say Frenkie fails. Whats the odds if Ndombele and/or Aouar perform well against us that those names will be our midfield signings in Sport and MD until the Summer.

I'd say 99+1%

I'm hoping for Aouar personally. I dont think we need a box-to-box midfielder like Ndombele who rarely scores goals. Ndombele is a good player but not exactly what we need. I think we do need some goal scoring from midfield to make us more unpredictable. I think Aouar is more similar style wise to Iniesta than Ndombele, if thats what we're looking for.

Riordon

I'm hoping for Aouar personally. I dont think we need a box-to-box midfielder like Ndombele who rarely scores goals. Ndombele is a good player but not exactly what we need. I think we do need some goal scoring from midfield to make us more unpredictable. I think Aouar is more similar style wise to Iniesta than Ndombele, if thats what we're looking for.

I like Aouar a lot too. Just 20 years old and has been on a high level for two seasons now. He is one of those special players who is basically a AM but has the positional awareness of a CM like Iniesta.

In general I see a lot of players in France who I like at the club - Aouar, Pepe and Mendy would be good for the club. But french players won't be signed cheap anymore

Havesaks

First and foremost we need a player who fits and that is de Jong! If he fails, another AM would be crazy? We already have Coutinho, who looks to be a fiasko, and cesc was it too. AM's suck here. And even Messi with his must-have hybrid AM-RW-role can be and has been contraproductive for our team with his no off ball running policy and must be focal point. At least some times.

I dont know Aoyar, but if he is AM than i dont get you want him. Haha well im just tired of trying to get an AM to play CM, because "its the perfect iniesta replacement". It hasnt worked with either Coutinho nor Cecs. Two big money transfers.

Newcomer

[tw]1084057662957019136[/tw]

Maybe a hint? :detective:

I saw a french guy that was sure de Jong would sign for Barcelona.

Hé said yesterday that Barcelona would publish a list long of netherlands players in Barça and at the end there would be a video of de Jong.

Said the sum was 70 M, that de Jong was going to sign for PSG but Barca promised him playing time with assurance Rakitic would be sold.

Let's see if he was right.

Also said he would get the number 6 shirt.

Last edited:

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
I saw a french guy that was sure de Jong would sign for Barcelona.

Hé said yesterday that Barcelona would publish a list long of netherlands players in Barça and at the end there would be a video of de Jong.

Said the sum was 70 M, that de Jong was going to sign for PSG but Barca promised him playing time with assurance Rakitic would be sold.

Let's see if he was right.

Also said he would get the number 6 shirt.

In that case then this was the first breadcrumb posted couple of days ago. I remember thinking Overmars goal wasn’t that special but it makes sense now. :detective:

[tw]1082977895000215553[/tw]

Stay tuned for the next breadcrumbs. :detective:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans