Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Maybe you are right as well.

In the same vein of rumors, people are saying that his agent and his girlfriend were rooting for PSG bid. The agent for the money and the girl cuz she prefers Paris and it would help her better for her career (fashion/design).

Could very well be two influences at play here.

de Jong can always get a new girlfriend :mou:

Messi983

[tw]1084057662957019136[/tw]

Maybe a hint? :detective:

Nope, there is nothing there, just a usual OTD tweet.

I doubt people managing Barça's twitter account know anything more about the state of negotiations with Ajax/FDJ than we do anyway. PR guys will be informed if/when transfer will be closed so they can prepare announcement but before that they don't get day to day updates about our transfer activities from Abidal&co.

There is definitely something fishy about that Overmars goal. The goal isn't even that good , you can post a 100+ beautiful goals from Barca before that Overamars one that got tweeted.

Edit: Nvm the full sequence of passing before that goal wasnt shown , which made that goal look "mediocre" :

That was one of the best team goals in our history I've seen, at least in pre-Messi era.

FCBfan22

Update: Apparently Frenkie prefers us, but Ajax prefer to do business with P$G. It smells to me like we are lowballing again.

Donatello

Update: Apparently Frenkie prefers us, but Ajax prefer to do business with P$G. It smells to me like we are lowballing again.

I guess this is what angers the clubs that deal with us, we bargain like cheap bastards by using the players preference towards us. But on the other hand, we sell players for dirt cheap(instead of being cheap bastards here), recent example being Munir for 1M.

Either get the player in good terms, or move on. You can lowball clubs sometimes, but its foolish to do it most of the time. Earn the money that you save by bargaining, on player sales instead.

Afaik, We angered Dortmund when we got Dembele, Angered Liverpool when we got Coutinho, Angered Gremio when we got Arthur, Angered Sevilla with Lenglet, Angered Toulouse with Todibo, have angered PSG with Rabiot, WTF.

Last edited:

Devils

[tw]1084180841750818816[/tw]

This probably wont end well.

:wow:

Edit: I don't know how reliable the source is, but judging from the way we've treated other clubs in recent times, this wouldn't at all surprise me if true.

Last edited:

xXKonan

The club thinks if we can get an agreement with said player (FDJ) then they think they can get him cheaper than what said Club wants (Ajax).

Nah that's not going to work man. there's two parts to this equation and you can't lowball the selling club itself regardless if we have an agreement with the player.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
You guys are way too gullible.

I remember last year the reports of Griezmann staying started coming out before the Europa League final with both the Madrid and French press claiming Griezmann was going to decide to stay. Obviously MD and Sport kept repeating the same bullshit. That the club is confident and know Griezmann is coming.

The same crap is repeating itself here. French and Dutch press claiming he'll join PSG and that Barcelona are yet to make an offer to the player or Ajax. MD and Sport spouting BS with how the club is confident he'll choose them.

MD and Sport have reached tabloid level journalism.

If Barca reach an agreement with de Jong or make an offer to Ajax you'll hear it in the Dutch press as well. If both the country the player is playing in, or is of origin, and the Barcelona press report the same with their own individual sources, that's the only time you can start taking anything like this seriously.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans