Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

George_Costanza

I am afraid our No.1 target is Rabiot.

Them suddenly becoming so stingy does make me wonder if they are trying to get Neymar back.

FDJ is offered 8m salary by PSG. I don't think he deserves more than 5m, maybe 6m. He is only 21 years old, imagine his salary when he is 27-28 years old. Same for Rabiot, more than 5 or 6m and this board should resign. Rabiot is 23 years old and he is asking for more than 10m, his mother will make sure his contract renewed every year. In 10 years he could easily pass Messi's salary because we are a cuckold club.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
FDJ is offered 8m salary by PSG. I don't think he deserves more than 5m, maybe 6m. He is only 21 years old, imagine his salary when he is 27-28 years old. Same for Rabiot, more than 5 or 6m and this board should resign. Rabiot is 23 years old and he is asking for more than 10m, his mother will make sure his contract renewed every year. In 10 years he could easily pass Messi's salary because we are a cuckold club.

Fucked up everywhere it seems to be.

Raketa10

If he signs 5y contract his mother can fuck off. Possible issue could arise only if we set his buyout clause to low. I hope we are not that stupid.

Newcomer

Spend all summer chasing Neymar, then get told on August 31st to #EnjoyHulk
That would be utter stupidity from your board.

Neymar isn't for sale.
Why do you think he became QNB ambassador ?

And, let's imagine a world where PSG would want to sell, Nasser and Florentino are very friendly.

Such a non story.

Newcomer

While i don't like his mother dealing, she didn't renegociate his salary in 5 years.
He was on 3 M at Paris.

khaled_a_d

I don't get why players hire these agents that are basically working for themselves only, demanding millions of money just to close the deal. What are they, some kind of magicians? If i was a player and wanted to control my own career, i'd negotiate for fess myself and only hired competent lawyer or few to keep the formal side clear and fair. Why do these players are giving up their own future in hands of some money hungry scoundrels, who think how to stuff their own pockets first? They must be very naive.

Because those agents bring them way more money, help them to move around when needed and the list goes on and on.Never mind help them to sign all this marketing deals
Otherwise those players are usually fucked up by their clubs in negotiations. Unless they hire someone from the family like Neymar & Rabiot, I think Messi dad and brother handles his business too

Last edited:

BBZ8800

I don't get why players hire these agents that are basically working for themselves only

Because players are usually NOT criminals and are normal people.
Greedy and spoiled, but semi-normal people.

On the other hand, Barto, Rosell, Psg's owner, Perez and guys are surely no rookies or naive kids.
I don't think that Frenkie and similar guys can play a fair game against them and asking the insane wages, a good contract clauses and similar.
Big clubs and their owners would screw you ower with low wages, high release clause and other things.

So, basically, to negotiate with those criminals (club's owners), the only solution is to hire another criminal (agents) and then those two criminals are having a huge battle and you (as a player) will get a huge wage in the end, and your criminal agent will get 10M commission fee.

In short: if Frenkie handled the deal himself (or with his dad), Psg's or Barca's criminals would screw him over.
This way, it is a win-win: a club gets a player, a player gets insane wages, an agent gets 10M in his pocket for arranging a deal.

You, as a player, naive, rookie kid, you can't negotiate with criminals.
They'll eat you alive.

All in all, it is fair to assume that:
Frenkie's fee is at least 75M
His agent is probably asking around 10M for himself
And Frenkie's wages are 8M Net.

De Light's fee is around 75M.
His agent is asking for 10+ M (someone mentioned that sum on previous pages).
De Light is asking for 11M Net.
And a starting spot in that team, aged 19.

Now, when you sum this all:
Is Rabiot:
1. coming for free (no transfer fee)
2. asking for 10M Net
3. and a 10M sign on fee
= SUCH a cancerous deal, as it looked like a few days ago?

Some guys were making maths regarding Rabiot, like:
20M gross
If he stays for 2 years, that is 20+20M spent plus 10M sign on fee=50M invested for 2 years, if he fails here.

Fine, let's check Frenkie's 2 years:
75M fee
10M to agent
16M gross per year.
For 2 years, if he fails=117 M invested

De Light, the same story:
75M Fee
10+ for his agent
22M gross
= 129M invested in 2 years if he fails

So, people were saying here how Frenkie and De Light are no brainers.
But that operation for 2 first years costs=246M for only the first two years.

A part of money will be returned from their sale.
But still, are you THAT sure that BOTH of them will be gamechangers already in the first 2 years here?
If someone will reply: De Light is a longterm investment, he will be good after 3-4 years:
Waiting for him for 2 years costs=129M
Waiting for him for 3 years costs=151M
Waiting for him for 4 years costs=173M without him signing a better contract

On the other hand, Lenglet, who is ready right away, was paid 35M euros and has low wages.
Investment in him until the moment when he is ready=was slightly above 40M.

When will De Light be ready? After 130, 150 or 170M invested in him?

In this moment, I would still take Lenglet over him.

Givenchy

funny how you talk about naivety, when joining Nasser's PSG prison as a 21 year old (who must of seen Verratti's case last summer) is one of the most naive things a player could do and i'd say his agent is the one screwing him over there

Jombi

If someone will reply: De Light is a longterm investment, he will be good after 3-4 years:

That's laughable and you wont find any person here saying that. We sell players after one year, two years max if they are not good enough. Everyone knows that.

If what you say is true, then De Ligt will earn more than Pogba, Hazard, Kane, De Bruyne, Van Dijk and Aguero. Is it actually realistic that De Ligt, a 19 year old CB demands to be among the top 5 best paid players in the world?

Last edited:

BBZ8800

That's laughable and you wont find any person here saying that. We sell players after one year, two years max if they are not good enough. Everyone knows that.

If what you say is true, then De Ligt will earn more than Pogba, Hazard, Kane, De Bruyne, Van Dijk and Aguero. Is it actually realistic that De Ligt, a 19 year old CB demands to be among the top 5 best paid players in the world?

I have no idea what are you asking me with this post.
About De Light, that user Newcomer has posted that De Light asked 11M NET from Psg, or something like that.

In that sense, 11M from Barca would mean 22M gross.
And his agent is asking more than 10M for himself, according to some reports.

I won't enter into a debate whether XX player is worth XX wages.
You can see that everything is screwed upside down after Neymar's transfer and after these Oil clubs, no FFP, EPL rich clubs etc.

De Light is obviously a 11M Net player in this moment.
And someone will give him that, I guess.

If no one will, Psg will...

khaled_a_d

funny how you talk about naivety, when joining Nasser's PSG prison as a 21 year old (who must of seen Verratti's case last summer) is one of the most naive things a player could do and i'd say his agent is the one screwing him over there

Some agents will screw their players, but that is the minority especially financially.
Verratti likely would have earned way less if he never had an agent and handled things by himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans