Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajax

Barca better pay up. If we sell FDJ and MDL to PSG we are going on a shopping spree in Barcelona :hooray:

How much is that little Argentinian kid in front?

Sorin

Barca better pay up. If we sell FDJ and MDL to PSG we are going on a shopping spree in Barcelona :hooray:

How much is that little Argentinian kid in front?

700m. :messi:

How about some Rakitic and Roberto? You have to replace FDJ and Rakitic fits. Roberto is a jack of all trades, much better than having a CB that only plays CB. :valverde2:

Devils

[tw]1084809553181585409[/tw]

These agents are sick people. They must be regulated and their demands are getting crazier and more unrealistic every year!

And now the media blames Barca for not wanting to fold for these crooks.

Sad!

Newcomer

[tw]1084809553181585409[/tw]

These agents are sick people. They must be regulated and their demands are getting crazier and more unrealistic every year!

And now the media blames Barca for not wanting to fold for these crooks.

Sad!

It says Ajax too is better pleased with PSG offer in your tweet.

Basically, no transfer can be done if you can't please the selling club and the side of the player (agent and co.).

Also, i won't do any patronising but do you wonder why Ligue 1 is considered weak while France is the country that produces more top players than other european countries ?
It is because of money.
In france, you pay more taxes (that is why most french were going to England) and clubs have to go through DNCG requirement (financial body that controls your account and allows you to play professional football).
What spanish clubs did during all those decades wouldn't even be possible in France since we have the DNCG. Spanish clubs would have been retrograded to amateur level with the insane debts they had accumulated.
I know it is annoying now PSG has insane money thanks to their owners but spanish clubs and Barça have always been on the good side of the economic power side.

You have just to look. French football clubs ceased to be competitive with Bosman ruling since other countries could just outmuscle them financially. Money has always been at the core of the sport at professional level.

Last edited:

Sorin

It says Ajax too is better pleased with PSG offer in your tweet.

Basically, no transfer can be done if you can't please the selling club and the side of the player (agent and co.).

Also, i won't do any patronising but do you wonder why Ligue 1 is considered weak while France is the country that produces more top players than other european countries ?
It is because of money.
In france, you pay more taxes (that is why most french were going to England) and clubs have to go through DNCG requirement (financial body that controls your account and allows you to play professional football).
What spanish clubs did during all those decades wouldn't even be possible in France since we have the DNCG. Spanish clubs would have been retrograded to amateur level with the insane debts they had accumulated.
I know it is annoying now PSG has insane money thanks to their owners but spanish clubs and Barça have always been on the good side of the economic power side.

You have just to look. French football clubs ceased to be competitive with Bosman ruling since other countries could just outmuscle them financially. Money has always been at the core of the sport at professional level.

Did you just equate the level of money of a state backed club with one backed up by socios and loans? Ultimately we still have to pay back those loans one way or another. What do you have to pay back to Qatar?

I don't want to patronize but let me patronize you and your club in the next sentences. Dude please.

Your talents between Zidane/Henry and the current generation is Malouda and the likes of Ribery and Benzema. Good players but pretty average in the grand scheme of things. In the mean time Spain produced the bigger talents from the start of the century. If you keep it up your league grow more and more despite the exodus.

Last edited:

George_Costanza

Sorry to break the nice story-telling but PSG are not buying players out of revenge for Barca.

PSG had tried to buy Neymar the year before he actually came. It just happened you were in for Verratti some weeks before it unfolded for the auriverde.

PSG is monitoring the situation of de Jong and de Ligt since at least a year.
https://twitter.com/parisunited6/status/1019562568225042432

Paris was already meeting with his agent in the summer transfer.

The real truth is Barça and PSG both want to win everything. Thus, they want the best player available at any position. This is why they end up bidding for the same players and the good players from each other.

Not sure if you are newly supporter of PSG (maybe since Neymar joined them) but if you are a long supporter of the club then you will know it didn't start with Neymar and Verratti. At one point Nasser threated to pay the BO of Messi (not like Messi will join them) but this is the mentality of Nasser and his benefactor Emir Tamim. The threats of Messi and then Neymar were made some years ago because, for some reason, Barto has a fetish for PSG players.

Second, when you lose a starter (Rabiot), and you don't have alternative to replace him. You go find another player, a better player and in the process, you don't make your competitor stronger by losing own your player to them and then lose the biggest talent in Europe FDJ. This is a no brainer move by Nasser, and this is happens between rival clubs all the times.

Newcomer

Did you just equate the level of money of a state backed club with one backed up by socios and loans? Ultimately we still have to pay back those loans one way or another. What do you have to pay back to Qatar?

I don't want to patronize but let me patronize you and your club in the next sentences. Dude please.

Your talents between Zidane/Henry and the current generation is Malouda and the likes of Ribery and Benzema. Good players but pretty average in the grand scheme of things. In the mean time Spain produced the bigger talents from the start of the century. If you keep it up your league grow more and more despite the exodus.

Not at all.
I'm reacting about the fact that people are getting angry by the fact Ajax and the agent wants the best deal financially.
Basically moaning about football business (and i don't like the greed of agents either).

I'm not aiming at Barça specifically or comparing to PSG (i'm talking about whole spanish clubs and french clubs). i have just said that football business (money) is what helped spanish clubs to be so powerful. Can't deny it is a competitive advantage when you can accumulate debt like that and other can't. This debt helped get footballing success that translates in fandom and huge incomes from sponsoring, TV deals etc.

https://www.pri.org/stories/2012-07...-soccer-teams-face-high-debt-and-unpaid-taxes

6 billions !

Since people on here always laugh at the quality of the Ligue 1, i was putting in perspective that money, agent etc. is what lead that league to be considered weak too.

About PSG specifically, ofc, i won't compare the clubs. We have a mecene that is trying to invest his money through proxy to gain a competitive advantage.

Essentially, i'm saying that football (not at amateur level) is all about money since decades and it is weird to be awaken now because Barça is getting outbid.

Jombi

I agree but those players were not signed for free and they were signed few years ago, during that time market went nuts. There is also a fact that expense is expense. We can call it a salary or a buying fee. But money is money it's just the way it's being allocated. Let's say his fair salary should be 6 or 7 that's 3 or 4 mil difference and on a 5 year basis it's 15 or 20 mil. So let's go with 20 mil difference. Would you say if he was under contract that 20 mil buying fee for Rabiot and a salary of 6 mil is fair? I am sure you would and that's again 50 mil without that rumored 10 or 15 mil signing fee.

I cant under any circumstance justify that Rabiot should earn more than the biggest attacking superstars in the richest league in the world. And its not just how money is allocated. This type of wage for a defensive player of his caliber just isnt sustainable.

Ammar17j

Hello there, It's quite easy to say but Barca has an issue with the fee. That's really it. I'm by the way Dutch so i know what's going on over here. Frenkie loves Barcelona a lot. He is a fanboy like us. He really wants to play for Barcelona but Ajax wants 75m. So that makes it very hard for Barcelona to negotiate. Barca is still in the race for De Jong.( De Jong also knows that). There is no reason to panic because he knows Barca is interested in him. PSG can offer him anything still won't change a thing. The only mistake Barcelona can make is to move on. PSG was nearly close to sign him back in December. It was all over the Dutch news. But then Barcelona showed up and that changed everything. Maxwell(director PSG) was back in December talking with Ali Dursun(Agent of Frenkie) there were pictures of it. It was like a done deal. I repeat the only mistake Barca can make is to move on and forget about De Jong.

soul24rage

I really do wonder how much the club has offered for De Jong. I wouldn't be surprised if we offered like 55-60m with various clauses being met.

Newcomer

Not sure if you are newly supporter of PSG (maybe since Neymar joined them) but if you are a long supporter of the club then you will know it didn't start with Neymar and Verratti. At one point Nasser threated to pay the BO of Messi (not like Messi will join them) but this is the mentality of Nasser and his benefactor Emir Tamim. The threats of Messi and then Neymar were made some years ago because, for some reason, Barto has a fetish for PSG players.

Second, when you lose a starter (Rabiot), and you don't have alternative to replace him. You go find another player, a better player and in the process, you don't make your competitor stronger by losing own your player to them and then lose the biggest talent in Europe FDJ. This is a no brainer move by Nasser, and this is happens between rival clubs all the times.

The link embedded with the post you quote shows that PSG was in for de Jong before even the Rabiot fiasco.

And yes, i know about the Nasser's threat when you tried to get Thiago Silva and Marquinhos. Still, that didn't materialize until Neymar.

Qatari are proud but they aren't going for some useless players out of spite of Barça. They will go for good players and if it can anger Barça, it is a nice bonus.
Remember that Paris had no problem selling Digne to Barca in 2016. If they were that spiteful, that transfer wouldn't have occured.

And no, i'm not a new supporter of PSG. This is why in a way i appreciate the sporting policy of our last owner.
First, I dont' care about Qatar and their Emir or their politics (because if i had to judge them, i would have to face the fact my country, France, is way worse in the grand scheme).
Secondly, we had Canal + as an owner that refuses to buy Ronaldo because they feared we would be too strong in Ligue 1. They even refused the 1993 title when Marseille got declassed for bribing and match fixing.
Then came Colony Capital that was more interested into doing business in Paris than in the actual club.
So, it comes at an evidence i'll prefer an owner that places the sporting success as the first concern. I mean i'm supporting PSG, not Canal +, not Colony Capital, not QSI.
My club is growing, infrastructure are growing, sponsoring outside of Qatar ones are also growing, i get to watch good football, what is not to like ?

Sorin

Not at all.
I'm reacting about the fact that people are getting angry by the fact Ajax and the agent wants the best deal financially.
Basically moaning about football business (and i don't like the greed of agents either).

I'm not aiming at Barça specifically or comparing to PSG (i'm talking about whole spanish clubs and french clubs). i have just said that football business (money) is what helped spanish clubs to be so powerful. Can't deny it is a competitive advantage when you can accumulate debt like that and other can't. This debt helped get footballing success that translates in fandom and huge incomes from sponsoring, TV deals etc.

https://www.pri.org/stories/2012-07...-soccer-teams-face-high-debt-and-unpaid-taxes

6 billions !

Since people on here always laugh at the quality of the Ligue 1, i was putting in perspective that money, agent etc. is what lead that league to be considered weak too.

About PSG specifically, ofc, i won't compare the clubs. We have a mecene that is trying to invest his money through proxy to gain a competitive advantage.

Essentially, i'm saying that football (not at amateur level) is all about money since decades and it is weird to be awaken now because Barça is getting outbid.

Ah, I see. I, personally, don't blame Ajax or his agent for preferring the highest bid. That's just common sense. The player on the other hand goes to a weaker league(like it or not) for few million less. Ultimately it's his choice but don't blame people then for questioning your mentality and quality when you fail in CL because you don't have any internal competition whatsoever and you are used to win matches by sleepwalking alone.

Anyway, I'm not mad at PSG for throwing money around because we have done that too. A lot of money on deadwood which makes us incapable of spending more now which is our fault entirely. And we plan to throw some more on another batch of deadwood like Rabiot so I'm more mad at our dealings than others.

The other teams have only themselves, and to a lesser extent PSG, to blame.

First, Monaco received huge amounts of money for their players these last years. Why didn't they reinvest properly? Seems to me like it's mostly their fault here. Also the owner is not a state so tough luck to them that their owner's money is finite.

Second, PSG is to blame because no amount of investment will let the others reach the investment of a goddamn country.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans