Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kul_z

I’m saying that €220m is what anyone would have to pay for a player of Neymar’s talent and marketability. His transfer was unique, and has nothing to do with Barca spending up to €86m on FDJ.

Enjoy your club without obsessing over Paris.

So, 220m + 180m on two players isn't something that made market go nuts? Besides, im not obsessing over paris, im on barca forum where i belong, you're intruder who is trying to get his subjective facts straight, but completely wrong. I'm sorry but if anyone is obsessed with some club that's you about barca.

Vilarrubi

DxnK9aiVAAUovk2.jpg

:cry::worthy:

Joan

Love browsing the salt on other forums, RedCafe talking about the fee etc. You paid 86m euros for Lukaku. You paid 86m euros for Lukaku. You paid 86m euros for Lukaku. You paid 86m euros for Lukaku. You paid 86m euros for Lukaku.........

They are right. 86 mil is mental.

Jair Ventura

So, 220m + 180m on two players isn't something that made market go nuts? Besides, im not obsessing over paris, im on barca forum where i belong, you're intruder who is trying to get his subjective facts straight, but completely wrong. I'm sorry but if anyone is obsessed with some club that's you about barca.

Neymar & Mbappe are worth what they cost(Madrid matched PSG’s offer). Therefore they didn’t inflate the market.

Stop obsessing over Paris. Enjoy your singing.

Total-Football

very risky stuff. barca are spending like mad men and they more often miss than hit recently with the amount of duds signed. Live up to it Frankie and do not disappoint please.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

Welcome to Modern Day Football.

It's an investment worth it if he's as special as many people believe he is and plays for the club for 7-10 years. Just like Dembele for his 105m + 40m incentives which as piss easy to achieve.

That's how every team look at such signings, and money in football is gonna keep pouring in.

Last edited:

Joan

Yes. I dislike Rabiot because he's had issues with every coach he's had and his mother is a pain in the you know what.

Also, I'll be honest with you, I have a bet on Rabiot not joining Barcelona which I would like to win :lol:

Actually, there's nothing do disagree with. Players can ask for whatever they want. No blame for that.

My problem is usually with what we're willing to pay.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo

145M for Coutinho is mental. 86M for De Jong is about what it costs to buy a young star player. If Barca didn't pay it, about 2-3 other teams would. This is the price of staying competitive now unless you have an outstanding scouting machine and talent hunters.

Centauri B

People don't seem to get that as long as the revenue of the football clubs grows, the transfer fees & wages of players will go in tandem. It's as simple as that.

Today, you need something approaching $100M to buy a player at the top level. This is the market we are in right now.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Actually, there's nothing do disagree with. Players can ask for whatever they want. No blame for that.

My problem is usually with what we're willing to pay.

Gotta make sacrifices to sustain success. The club have fucked up a lot in the past by being cheap on players and now they are paying the price for it. If you were on this forum from 2013 I have predicted this since the day I joined. Every year I've been talking about how it will eventually end up costing the club where they'll have to start paying huge sums for being too late and cheap on other transfers.

Just hope we'll keep finding bargains like Arthur in the 30-50m range mixed up with these big money transfers.

Vilarrubi

It is overpriced but who's getting good deals nowadays? I believe in this upcoming summer transfer window there will be LOTS of transfers which make this look much more reasonable.

Like I said in a previous post, the plan with Frenkie is obviously to have him as our starting midfielder for years to come. If this happens the fee will seem minimal.

Donatello

PSG buying Neymar two years ago has nothing to do with Barca spending whatever they’ve spent on FDJ. It’s time to move on.

Lol, PSG has everything to do with Barca spending 86M on someone who would've cost 60-70M max.

Not saying PSG shouldn't compete for players with other clubs, but to say PSG didn't do anything to inflate market is delusional. Open your eyes dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans