Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jombi

De Jong has a lot to prove that he is the player that many said he is going to become for us. I hope he will work his butt off to prove his worth.

At the same time, when he joins us next season, folks need to be realistic and have some patience and give this kid plenty of time to adapt and show what hes got. Let's not jump into conclusions if he has a few bad games.

I think most saw him as a low risk, high reward transfer worth taking a chance on a year ago. But that was a year ago, and now the price has skyrocketed. Thats the danger of waiting until the player is chased by half of Europe.

CatalinR10

OuLbVIY.jpg

CpB7JNb.jpg

JLUmRaY.jpg

TDs94fr.jpg

g58HkEq.jpg

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
The best of the best already play at the best clubs that dont sell though. Thats why we have to sign players from smaller clubs and leagues.

Other teams are also doing the same. This is the nature of the business now. You can't poach the stars from big teams without paying a fortune, and you can't buy the stars of smaller teams without beating the financial offers from the other big teams.

It is what it is.

Best we as fans can hope is that when they splash the money, it is for the right player. Splashing the money is a forgone conclusion now.

Devils

My word...

With the reaction on here you'd never guess that Barca have had a net spend of ~200m over 3 summer transfer windows.

That's averaging about 67m per window btw.

Hardly ridiculous.

Jair Ventura

Come on we are joking. You would do the same to us if you signed him. Nothing personal. ;)

No, I wouldn’t. When reports were pushing him to Paris I wasn’t here trolling posters.

It may not be personal but it is annoying. Enjoy your signing. Leave me out of it.

Raketa10

De Jong has a lot to prove that he is the player that many said he is going to become for us. I hope he will work his butt off to prove his worth.

At the same time, when he joins us next season, folks need to be realistic and have some patience and give this kid plenty of time to adapt and show what hes got. Let's not jump into conclusions if he has a few bad games.

100% agree with you. Regardless of his talent he'll need time for sure! There are thing he still needs to improve like his final pass and shooting but we signed a world class talent without a doubt.

Trickykid

Wait, I'm confused here. The narrative amongst a good portion of this forum's users back when De Jong allagedly had decided on P$G, was that our sporting project is horrible, and no sane young player would play under EV.

I'm guessing the excuse is that we can only lure players like De Jong if we pay over the top wages, bonuses and so on right?

...are we still turning into AC Milan v.2 any day now?

PhilS

Playing for Barca will be a big step up for this guy, there is no reason to think he will be able to just step right into the starting lineup. A year or two of integration/adaptation would be realistic.

Vidal, Samper, Puig might be sent away, but not Rakitic, at least not as early as next season. I just hope De Jong can play well enough next season to reduce the workloads of Busquets and Rakitic to levels more appropriate for their ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans