Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messi983

I know but everyone was saying that before and after we signed him.

I think this Barça DNA term is overrated and overused.

soul24rage

the only worry that I have is that FDJ might have a very good season and his price will go up. I was hoping we bought him and loaned him to Ajax this season

YodaMaster

Cesc also had Barça DNA. :lol:

Actually he didn’t really have it. Cesc left at 16 and finished his development at Arsenal’s academy. Plus Cesc never was a typical masia style jugon. Cesc was more a 87’s generations Sergi Roberto. By that I mean that not all masia product are Xavi or Iniesta style midfielders. Masia can also produce BPL-ish players. Cesc was one of these + he left Masia at very young age and went to learn English football. He even said few years ago that he prefers to play in a counter attacking team like Chelsea than to play possession football at Barça.

The other thing about Cesc is that he declined real quick. When he came back at Barça he was already done.

Last edited:

Messi983

the only worry that I have is that FDJ might have a very good season and his price will go up. I was hoping we bought him and loaned him to Ajax this season

Well, Ajax is counting on his price to go up and that's why I don't think they'll be open to sell with loan back. In both cases they would keep Frenkie for another season but if they keep him in their property and he'll have another strong season they could possibly ask for 70M or possibly more instead of 50M next year. I don't know Ajax finances well enough to know if they have to sell if they won't qualify for the CL. If they will then I'm sure they don't have to and won't sell FDJ. According to TM they have around 25M net spending on the transfer market so far this summer but they were in surplus for 40-50M in both of the last two years (selling D. Sanchez and Klaasen in 2017 and Milik, Cillessen and Bazoer amongst others in 2016) so I think they can afford to spend more than what they will sell this year. Or they could decide to sell Ziyech or another player instead of FDJ if they won't qualify for the CL if necessary but from what I've understand their main goal is winning Eredivisie for the first time since 2013/14 season and that's why they've spend pretty big money (for them) to bring (back) experienced players like Blind and Tadić.

I don't think we should even push too much this summer (because we don't really have a space for Frenkie right now and I think it would be also better for his development to stay in Amsterdam for another year) so we don't upset Ajax but we should stay in contact with them and Frenkie's agent over the next year so he would know we are still very interested regardless of what happens with our other midfielders this season. As long as he'll prefer to sign with Barça we could probably still get him for a lower price then if we'd have to go into a bidding war with City, PSG,... and he wouldn't really favour one team over the others. Maybe we'll have to pay 10M more than what we'd have this summer (but if he'll continue to develop well and we'll be sure he's the player we want at all costs that shouldn't be a problem) instead of 20M more like Ajax would want with creating a bidding war but they are a selling club and as such they usually respect their players wishes when they sell. They don't really have much choice anyway because players always have the final word and selling club can't push them to go somewhere they don't want to go just because they would get more money. That's why we should do everything we can to stay Frenkie's prefered destination even if other clubs will offer him more money and/or better chances of getting a regular playing time.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Hope they don't waste his season by playing him as a CB. He even said so himself a couple of days ago. He's a midfielder, not a CB.

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
Best thing we can do now is to keep in touch both him and the club, to continue communicating out desire to get him. If we are in a battle for his signature next summer, hopefully the player's desire to want to come play for us will be beneficial.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
He's the only player in Europe I want for Barca, who equally wants Barca and was born to play for Barca

D10S_JC

I don't understand why Barca hyped him so much.

He is not that young and even not play for the senior NT ever. I didn't read the news that other teams chase him.

Raketa10

Since our team is complete now with arrival of Vidal, I really hope we will focus now on securing De Jong for the next summer. We should forget about Pogba, Rabiot, Thiago etc. and focus on developing Arthur, Alena, Puig and signing of De Jong. If only two out of this four succeed we will have midfield for the next 10 years so I personally would focus on that.

In case we secure De Jong and with the team we have (and possible development of Miranda), next summer could only be about signing Suarez replacement. That beeing said I also wouldn’t mind signing De Ligt. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans