Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Wait, I'm confused here. The narrative amongst a good portion of this forum's users back when De Jong allagedly had decided on P$G, was that our sporting project is horrible, and no sane young player would play under EV.

I'm guessing the excuse is that we can only lure players like De Jong if we pay over the top wages, bonuses and so on right?

...are we still turning into AC Milan v.2 any day now?

I always knew he was coming! :coffee:

bastardo

Hopefully people will temper their expectations and not just look at the stats given his somewhat minimal returns for goals and assist in the eredivisie. For a lower price he would have been seen as an investment that may turn out to be bargain but now this price could mean the expectations skyrocket.

Kul_z

No, I wouldn’t. When reports were pushing him to Paris I wasn’t here trolling posters.

It may not be personal but it is annoying. Enjoy your signing. Leave me out of it.

Why are you here then? If you cant take the fact that qsg fucked up the market you need to take some lessons from marketing and life in general. Ney and mbappe marketing wise maybe are affordable for that amount of money(la liga and premiership yes, farmer league 😂), but no one was that insane to pay that amount because they knew the risk and what would that bring to lunch table next morning. Even real madrid were aware of that and they(flo) said that he is out of that game. And yes, as you can see we are delighted that we did sign some future bright talent, but im affraid of the amount of pressure that 90m can do to a young player. Thats it, thats all. You can say whatever you want

Jair Ventura

Why are you here then? If you cant take the fact that qsg fucked up the market you need to take some lessons from marketing and life in general. Ney and mbappe marketing wise maybe are affordable for that amount of money(la liga and premiership yes, farmer league ��), but no one was that insane to pay that amount because they knew the risk and what would that bring to lunch table next morning. Even real madrid were aware of that and they(flo) said that he is out of that game. And yes, as you can see we are delighted that we did sign some future bright talent, but im affraid of the amount of pressure that 90m can do to a young player. Thats it, thats all. You can say whatever you want

Markets aren’t inflated by assets that are worth their costs. Markets are inflated by overpaying for assets. Economics 101

CatalinR10

DxnNUbXU0AUwoUX.jpg

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The World Record transfer fee was 105m euros for Pogba.

PSG paid more than double of that a year later.

It's naive to think that didn't play a part in the prices for players exploding. Barca had to overpay because teams knew they had money so they did, and other teams then demanded similar amount of money for their players. Barca might have set the market for a certain type of players, but only because PSG came in and absolutely shattered the transfer record.

Kul_z

Where did you learn how to argue? This is a shameful rebuttal.

Nope. Thats the same medicine you're taking. I was debating, you were trying to be smart, subjective smart and you failed. And you're still on barca forum. Can i get some more barto chips over nasser?

Jair Ventura

It's naive to think that didn't play a part in the prices for players exploding. Barca had to overpay because teams knew they had money so they did, and other teams then demanded similar amount of money for their players. Barca might have set the market for a certain type of players, but only because PSG came in and absolutely shattered the transfer record.

The auto market isn’t inflated by someone paying €200k for a Ferrari, but it would be if someone spent €50k on a base Honda Civic.

I hope that analogy is simple enough to understand.

MTL_Barca

I think the money was always there, the players just didn't move. Laporta once said in an interview that Inter was ready to pay Messis 150M release clause all the way back in 2006. There were probably lots of huge offers for elite players like Messi and Ronaldo over the years, we just rarely get ro know it. IIRC there were also rumors ManUtd wanted to pay Neymars first clause (165?).

PSG pulled the trigger with Neymar but it's not like all players magically got more expensive just because of that alone. The clubs earn more and more money every year, especially the PL. We all knew Pogba was just the start, maybe PSG (and we with Cou and Dembele) sped up things a little bit that summer but it was bound to happen in a world where midtable PL clubs can casually buy players for more than 30M and China is paying double fee/salary for every random Brazilian they like.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans