Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morten

So, Barca has spent 500-600 million euros over the past 1,5 half year? Where do they get the money from, and if they can afford it, why cant we? We shouldnt have any less money than Barca.

Devils

So, Barca has spent 500-600 million euros over the past 1,5 half year? Where do they get the money from, and if they can afford it, why cant we? We shouldnt have any less money than Barca.

You forgot the part where we sold 400m worth of players.

Magyarkhan

Did De Jong actually say that? That is really bold if he did.

When did Barto and co. go to Amsterdam to try to convince him? Last Saturday?

If this is true then it proves that Barto and co. changed his mind, mostly because of money.

I doubt that its because of money from FDJ point of view. He is a footballer by heart and would not go for more money elsewhere, I think Marc Overmars played a clever game as it was clear from start FDJ wanted to go Barca.... same as DeLigt

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

You do have more money than us, much more actually since your net spent has been negative for a couple of seasons if I am not mistaken. You have not spent much money because of Perez's focus on signing young talents before they become really expensive, which is something that might prove as very smart in the end. Of course it might not work out too.

You absolutely can afford to buy 300m worth of players if you want. You guys are hoarding a lot of cash and will probably spend this coming summer on some high end targets.

I hope you do.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I doubt that its because of money from FDJ point of view. He is a footballer by heart and would not go for more money elsewhere, I think Marc Overmars played a clever game as it was clear from start FDJ wanted to go Barca.... same as DeLigt

I am not sure about that. He said he was going to join PSG until he talked to his girlfriend and father.

Nothanks

Well, we havent sold for pennies either, clearly we should afford some big signatures.

Isn't that what most madrid fans are upset about?
it's not that they can't but for some reason the keeper and rightback spot was prioritized over ronaldo's departure

FCBfan22

Fun fact:

Dembouz and De Jong almost share their birthday:

Ousmane Dembele: 15th May 1997
Frenkie De Jong: 12th May 1997

Porque

That and Florentino is playing it safe with the Stadium project.

I think he is waiting for the right timing to make his next round of investments.

Madrid have made smart moved with Courtois and Militao.

Next rounds are replacing Ronaldo (Hazard with 1 year on his contract), Modric (Eriksen with 1 year on his contract).

Good players, less than current market value thanks to contracts expiring.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
When the Barca players out on loan are listed in 'Other Players' why is the player out on loan at Ajax in Barca player list, I wonder :p

mobster_1930

That and Florentino is playing it safe with the Stadium project.

I think he is waiting for the right timing to make his next round of investments.

Madrid have made smart moved with Courtois and Militao.

Next rounds are replacing Ronaldo (Hazard with 1 year on his contract), Modric (Eriksen with 1 year on his contract).

Good players, less than current market value thanks to contracts expiring.

Exactly,

They have 4 CLs in 5 years. Hell, I would sign right now if he could have 4 CLs in 20years . They are patiently waiting and not overpaying. Sure, their La Liga record in the past years is not that great, but they can truly afford to have a couple of fluke seasons and be patient with signings because their success with CL was unreal. We are spending too much for the sake of instant success.

Leo_Messi

Exactly,

They have 4 CLs in 5 years. Hell, I would sign right now if he could have 4 CLs in 20years . They are patiently waiting and not overpaying. Sure, their La Liga record in the past years is not that great, but they can truly afford to have a couple of fluke seasons and be patient with signings because their success with CL was unreal. We are spending too much for the sake of instant success.

The football world does not evolve around the CL only. Their La Liga record is not only "not that great" but pathetic. 2 league titles in 11 seasons is criminally bad for a club of RM's stature and budget. As for the CL, while we have underperformed in the past 3 seasons, during the past 5 seasons only RM has won more CL's. In the past 13 years we have won the CL 4 times. It's not like we have been nobodies in the CL.

Them not overpaying can be discussed. Not sure if spending almost €100 million on 2 unknown Brazilians is great business or having 3 player with similar characteristics, similar age etc. that you have spent €100 + million euros on (Rodrygo, Vinicius and Brahim Díaz).

I have been very critical of this board since 2010 but I must applaud them (overall) for some of the recent transfers and sales. I for once would not exchange our squad with theirs at all or their current situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans