Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It's retarded to prefer spending 90m on an established player of the same age group? Ndombele is only a few months older and has bossed City and PSG's midfields. Soon he'll get a chance to perform against Barca as well, and I'm confident he'll be up to the task.

That's what I mean by dodged a bullet. There's better players that can be had for comparable or even cheaper fee's.

Oh really? Is that you meant by dodging a bullet? Interestingly you chose to come out and said that after people reported that De Jong had a few bad games recently and started casting doubt about him. How come you didn't say that when PSG was actively pursuing him? Suspicious timing of your post...

As to Ndombele, I reckon that I have not watched him play to this day but I have heard a lot of good things about him nevertheless. My understanding is that he is a different type of player from De Jong with the former being more of an interception-driven, Keita/Kante type of midfielder whereas the latter is more of a forward-driving, Kroos type of midfielder. I don't know if you can compare the two, to me they are different types of players.

And is Ndombele going to be cheaper than 86m? I am not sure. If there are several clubs getting into a bidding war, you might end up paying a lot of money for him. Let's see how much PSG gets him for, if you do get him.

tacticvarium

Why is this QSG guy so obsessed with French league?
But then why does he even bother himself coming here everyday and waste his time?
I'm certain there are plenty of other forums specifically for French football and QSG fans.
Or I assume he just likes to waste his life on internet?

Jair Ventura

I repeat, unlike you lot, I don’t hate on players because they don’t play for my club. Malcom, Arthur, Dombélé— all players I really like who Barca has signed yet you’ve never heard a negative word from me about them. So I just happened to start with FDJ, who I’ve never liked as much as you all? Get out of here with that.

As far as Ndombélé profile? He’s unique. He can play as a 6 by himself or in a double pivot, but he’s best as an 8. He’s an extremely physical, explosive, and technical player. Also creative and excellent in duels. Will he be cheaper than €86? Probably not, but that isn’t the point. I don’t think €86m is too much for a young player, but if I’m going to spend that I’d like to be more certain about what I’m getting. And right now I just feel there are more question marks behind FDJ then there are around Ndombélé.

Zidane82

It's retarded to prefer spending 90m on an established player of the same age group? Ndombele is only a few months older and has bossed City and PSG's midfields. Soon he'll get a chance to perform against Barca as well, and I'm confident he'll be up to the task.

That's what I mean by dodged a bullet. There's better players that can be had for comparable or even cheaper fee's.
Ah!
What chance is there of him bossing the Barca midfield.. did you forget about Rakitic !!

:)

clemente

I really thought Ajax will at least make Madrid sweat, but now it looks like they will absolutely get battered, disgraceful form at a convenient time.

vlad

Lol cute people think Lyon will boss our midfield. We are not city or PSG, we have the best midfielders in the world.

With rakitic and busquets in first 11, barca doesnt not have best midfield, simple as that, maybe the slowest of all top clubs

serghei

With rakitic and busquets in first 11, barca doesnt not have best midfield, simple as that, maybe the slowest of all top clubs

Vidal adds a lot in terms of energy and muscles. And with our possession game, we should be fine at keeping Lyon away for big portions of the match. If they play too advanced, we can hit them on the counter with Messi and especially Dembele in space.

I'm only worried about Valverde and his lack of CL experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans