Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

George_Costanza

According to Sport, Abidal reached an agreement with Ajax. Barca has a preferential option for FDJ in case they do not qualify for the Champions League. But Ajax will probably qualify.

-1533767023673.jpg

gregorrin10

According to Sport, Abidal reached an agreement with Ajax. Barca has a preferential option for FDJ in case they do not qualify for the Champions League. But Ajax will probably qualify.

-1533767023673.jpg

It's not that certain that they'll qualify, not at all. Even if they eliminate Standard, they still have to play the final qualifying round against probably Dynamo Kiev, and they are surely capable of knocking out Ajax. I'd rather get De Jong now than negotiate all over again next summer and risk losing him, since probably some EPL clubs will start sniffing around by then and then this would suddenly turn into a bidding war.

The dream outcome though, would be to lock him down this year and leave him in Ajax until next summer. If only we'd be willing and manage to do the same for De Ligt, who seems will also be staying in Ajax and the transfer rumours about him have also died down, so it's the perfect opportunity to pounce on him alongside FDJ now, especially since Juve brought back Bonucci and won't be going for him this summer, while EPL window will be closed after tomorrow.

Even though i fancy Ajax and would like to see them in the UCL, i'm really interested to see what happens, if they don't qualify. Will we go all out for FDJ until the end of the month already? Can we get him this season already or at least lock him down for next year? Can we redevelop our interest in De Ligt too, since we know Vermaelen will be done here next summer almost for sure and we'll need a CB again. Why not get proactive for once and get them now, since we know they are the real deal and would fit in perfectly here sooner than later.

Last edited:

Thiago10

I've never been so convinced that a player would make it at Barca. This guy will be one of the best midfielders in the world, I have no doubt about that.

No idea where we would play him, but please don't let him slip away. If we can secure him for next year, this would be our best transfer period in years and we would be settled for the years to come.

I'm convinced that signing him will change the future of our club.

Sorin

It wouldn't be the worst idea for Ajax to retain him this year. If they qualify for CL even better. He gains invaluable experience as a starter in CL against good sides. If he performs like he is supposed to then we come calling next summer and seal the deal. What should it matter if we pay 10 or 20 more mil? It wouldn't break our budget, meanwhile Frenkie got the opportunity to develop even more. I'm doubtful we can give him enough minutes this year with the depth we have in midfield. Next year we should sell Rakitic while he still has any value, maybe even Vidal if doesn't cut it so the opportunities should be plenty more.

Donatello

Wait untill RM shows their interest in him. They could very well sign him as Modric replacement / successor.

Untill its some sort of agreement, it would be foolish to call De Jong is a surety.

Sorin

Wait untill RM shows their interest in him. They could very well sign him as Modric replacement / successor.

Untill its some sort of agreement, it would be foolish to call De Jong is a surety.

You don't think that if we're both in for him he wouldn't chose us? The guy like posts of our players left, right and center. He's as much as Barca fanboy as some of us. If we are going for him 100%, he's nailed on to come.

Donatello

You don't think that if we're both in for him he wouldn't chose us? The guy like posts of our players left, right and center. He's as much as Barca fanboy as some of us. If we are going for him 100%, he's nailed on to come.

Well, he wants to move to us because its his dream. Agreed.

But, RM need a midfielder for their starting eleven, its too good to turn down aswell. While at Barca he will have to compete against Arthur, Rakitic, Vidal, Busquets, Puig, Alena, Coutinho maybe Oriol as well for the three spots in MF. Add to that if RM offers a better financial deal for the player & club, I could see De Jong going to RM. And note that, Modric was a Barca fan and end up at Madrid.

But, its all wishful thinking, I was just stating that De Jong isn't a surety.

Sorin

Well, he wants to move to us because its his dream. Agreed.

But, RM need a midfielder for their starting eleven, its too good to turn down aswell. While at Barca he will have to compete against Arthur, Rakitic, Vidal, Busquets, Puig, Alena, Coutinho maybe Oriol as well for the three spots in MF. Add to that if RM offers a better financial deal for the player & club, I could see De Jong going to RM. And note that, Modric was a Barca fan and end up at Madrid.

But, its all wishful thinking, I was just stating that De Jong isn't a surety.

All fair points but i disagree with the notion that he'll chose them because they have more space in the mid for him. If we bid for him he'll chose us regardless of whoever else does. Well, unless the difference in bids and wages is massive which is unlikely. We weren't in for Modric and we weren't in for Isco, both Barca fans supposedly, however it seems De Jong is indeed on our radar so it's a different situation.

Devils

I do have my concerns of bringing him in this summer...

Vidal, Busi, Raki, Roberto, Coutinho, Alena, Arthur, FDJ and possibly even Rafinha.

Makes no sense. Too many players for midfield...

Should tie down a deal to bring him in next year and use this season to assess Arthur and Alena.

Joan

FDJ fanboys (Xaviniesta, looking at you)... gotta question.

Is the picture real or photoshopped?

oVSPmKV.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans