Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

M3ls

He wasn't great vs Celta.
But you guys so much love talking about Busquets but don't see how bad this guy is.

El Gato

Villarato!
Funny thing I find with him is I think he's a good player, and he knows he's a good player. But for some reason, that's not good enough to him/Koeman and there's this tendency of him being a jack of all trades.

Perhaps it'll change with time. But so far it's been a bit.. meh

Porque

It's really concerning how he is giving away possession in key positions leading to chances every game.

Said it before that he is playing on the limit of risk/reward in every action and not keeping it simple when sometimes it is needed to.

Doesn't help when we have Messi dropping deep and doing the same thing.

Means we're giving away too many key counters which on other nights will lead to goals.

serghei

It's really concerning how he is giving away possession in key positions leading to chances every game.

Said it before that he is playing on the limit of risk/reward in every action and not keeping it simple when sometimes it is needed to.

Doesn't help when we have Messi dropping deep and doing the same thing.

Means we're giving away too many key counters which on other nights will lead to goals.

Pretty much. Most of his errors were like that. Trying to force the pass to targets who were, with few exceptions, walking or standing flatfooted.

fergus90

Funny thing I find with him is I think he's a good player, and he knows he's a good player. But for some reason, that's not good enough to him/Koeman and there's this tendency of him being a jack of all trades.

Perhaps it'll change with time. But so far it's been a bit.. meh

I agree with that completely. It's like the hype behind his performances at Ajax has created this impression that he needs to do everything which in reality he's not capable of. His time here i'd rate a 6/10, I do worry though that Koeman considers him only below Messi in the indispensable queue and won't be dropped no matter what.

El Gato

Villarato!
^
Pretty sure he'll be glued to the pitch no matter what it is he does. It won't necessarily be terrible, he's arguably the most energetic player you have, and I'm not here to talk down a Barcelona talent, especially one that ripped RM a new one. There's relatively little you can hold against him. He usually puts in more effort than anyone (ergo, he leads by example). He seems vocal enough to hold his own. He can be technically brilliant. He certainly is quite fit.

But it does strike me how the decisions he makes are often suspect, certainly not because of his teammates (which is just blame shifting some users like to employ as an excuse). Which is a sign of youth, and veering off confidence into arrogance, more than anything else. It will show as long as there's no other sensible alpha in the team to cancel out the risks he takes. Bad stuff in some games makes him stand out more than it does the players you know do not fit (Griez). You need his mirror-image nearby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans