Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

olivis

He's not bad but we definitely overrated him.

Nowhere near the likes of De Bruyne or Kimmich who are now the best midfielders in the world.

pregra

Nowhere near even the likes of Valverde and Marcos Llorente. Frenkie looks good most of the time but nothing to show for.

Devils

He's just soooo average.

He's not necessarily 'great' at anything.

Average technically, average athletically, average intelligently.

Just such a boring player.

ArtistCatalunya

He looks more comfortable with the ball as a CB, as he can have more space and time to pick his man, to run, make good passes.. but defensively i think he is not rock solid, especially in headers.

Messigician

AHAHAHAH this forum never disappoints.

Plays for 20 minutes as a CB against 10 men Alaves and he's now the 2nd coming of Mascherano

Latschenkiefer

I think he would be better if he would be allowed to draw attackers in our own half, do his body feints, beat his man, dribble and carry the ball from midfield up front. I could imagine that when he arrived they told him to orientate on Busquets. And now we see the same sterile immobile style which contains winning balls and playing side passes. Highlight of his day is when he is allowed to do a three meter pass at the halfway line to Messi to set up one of his dribblings. He looks uninspired to me.

ItachiXXX

Busi >>>> De Hypejob

AHAHAHAH this forum never disappoints.

Plays for 20 minutes as a CB against 10 men Alaves and he's now the 2nd coming of Mascherano

Well majority here put all their bet on him. The One that will carry Barca a future Team Captain

Last edited:

Rory

Don't be silly, career wise obviously busi trumps almost every dm to have played the game. Current level and requirement for our team (ability to cover ground, a bit of pace) and system would have Frenkie start over him.

Rory

I think he would be better if he would be allowed to draw attackers in our own half, do his body feints, beat his man, dribble and carry the ball from midfield up front.

I feel like for him to do this he needs to have a player next to him to give him confidence to do these things, someone to trust can mop up mistakes, track back quickly. This is no excuse for de jong btw he's been pretty bad, it's just if we're to get out of him what we want from him we can't have busquets of all people alongside him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans