Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

malvolio

Man his defensive ability is weak.

the CB thing shouldn't have happened with better squad building/planning. but fuck me, he looked like 3rd division CB against joselu(alaves) and last night when the d.kiev attacker just glided past him.

Sterlingfan2000

Dutch Media were hyping him twice as good as Kimmich. He's not even 50% of Kimmich

Another failed transfer with insane Salary. Shit earns 300k a week

clemente

What's the point to doubt him? I swear people here are 90% trolls, with Gomes you can tell he will never become good, with De Jong I don't even care how he plays because he will easily end up as a generational talent.

vegitot

What's the point to doubt him? I swear people here are 90% trolls, with Gomes you can tell he will never become good, with De Jong I don't even care how he plays because he will easily end up as a generational talent.

Crazy. At Barca, De Jong is not even close to Laliga top midfielder.

Gnidrologist

He has talent for sure, but i also thought he has a fighter mentality that Barca so lacks. In his Ajax peak years and first part of the first season he was a real warrior on the field, was being both impeccable defensively and taking the game to opponent, when saw it. Now he seems to become timid. Like begrudgingly abiding "the system", where oldfags like Busquets and Messi set the tone of the team and even teh dictator Koemmander can't do anything against it as it seems. He has lost all his confidence it seems. Happened to many a player in these last disastrous years.

fergus90

He has talent for sure, but i also thought he has a fighter mentality that Barca so lacks. In his Ajax peak years and first part of the first season he was a real warrior on the field, was being both impeccable defensively and taking the game to opponent, when saw it. Now he seems to become timid. Like begrudgingly abiding "the system", where oldfags like Busquets and Messi set the tone of the team and even teh dictator Koemmander can't do anything against it as it seems. He has lost all his confidence it seems. Happened to many a player in these last disastrous years.

To be fair De Jongs peak year was the 18/19 season alone.. Before that he played a lot as a CB and wasn’t fully established yet as integral. Let’s hope it isn’t a case of a player having an outstanding break out year and never fully pushing on.

I do like him as a player but I feel there is the misconception about what his level actually is. He’s got a great engine but can be ponderous on the ball too and often misses the runner and ends up laying it short instead.

ItachiXXX

So it's the fault of other players why he's meh ? What an absolute generation talent captain material. He will only look good if his teammates play great

Gnidrologist

You are a buffoon. I clearly stated that many players that were good in teams, we bought them from, have become underwhelming. It's not that all these good players influence each other in the bad way and turn to shit at Barca. It's obviously club is doing something wrong and it wouldn't be a surprise, wouldn't it? :bartomeu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans