Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raketa10

What is he good at? In what way does he impact the game? One month of scoring goals last season was his only good period at Barcelona

So duty of DM should be scoring goals? Wow! I explained few posts ago what he excels in and I wont repeat myself again. Just try to google him a bit. Try to understand his role with Ajax and now with Barca and than you'll maybe understand how and when his development stopped.

Last edited:

behindbrowneyes

His bad performance in the Clasico can be explained by the fact of him playing half injured with an issue in his hamstrings.

I agree that he didn't develop like expected. Is the player really to blame though with coaches like Valverde, Setien and Koeman? There might be a reason behind it when Memphis, Frenkie or Busquets look better when they play for their national teams. Telling a player to play by his strenghts isn't enough. Looking at our games, this is exactly what coaches been telling our players in past few years.

So duty of DM should be scoring goals? Wow! I explained few posts ago what he excels in and I wont repeat myself again. Just try to google him a bit. Try to understand his role with Ajax and now with Barca and than you'll maybe understand how and when his development stopped.

He isn't a dm dumb as how are people so dumb. He never played as a dm in Ajax nor in barca.

jamrock

Coaching is definitely a key factor in why he has been underwhelming for us, but a lot of the people who defend his average to above average performances for us, is the same ones who will say coaches aren't as big a deal as we make them out to be in a different trend.

Raketa10

He isn't a dm dumb as how are people so dumb. He never played as a dm in Ajax nor in barca.

What is he?! Enlighten us please?!

This is literally the same position for some people. :lol:

EDarnh7WkAAXxFt.jpg

Or look at this. FDJ playing in Iniesta position and people here expecting him to perform. :lol:

image0.jpg

He will NEVER excel in this position! Not in 100 years and not under ANY manager. If we bought him to play in this position than we are fucking idiots.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Truth is frenkie doesn't have a singld thing he is good at besides running.
He is average to bad at every aspect of the game. People shit on Arthur but frenkie is the same player just more mobile and can last 90 min. In reality they have the same low skill level

Last season he scored/assisted 16, in league had the most passes, highest pass %, 3rd highest chances created after Messi/Alba while in top 4/5 for defensive stats.

While moving about different roles in team.

Arthur was shite and nothing like a FDJ that couldnt run.

Windhook

I don't think he has drop of form. His game is the same as last season, the difference is Messi. No more good linking in the FdJ-Alba-Messi triangle to create opportunities for Frenkie and Jordi to score. They have Depay instead, who loses himself in dribble. Not going to comment on FdJ-Ansu chemistry, because I saw nothing in this area so far.

Bobo32

What is he?! Enlighten us please?!

This is literally the same position for some people. :lol:

View attachment 9178

Or look at this. FDJ playing in Iniesta position and people here expecting him to perform. :lol:

View attachment 9179

He will NEVER excel in this position! Not in 100 years and not under ANY manager. If we bought him to play in this position than we are fucking idiots.

We know he didn't play as a DM more than 10 times or something in Barcelona, but can you show more heatmaps from Ajax? The games I saw he was more of a double pivot, utilizing the half space a lot as in the Ajax heat map you posted.

JamDav1982

Fairly simple decision at this point... build a midfield for him or sell him and save salary.

Busquets and FDJ are chalk and cheese and dont suit same midfield.

Either punt Busquets and centre it on FDJ or see what can get for him which would still be a lot. The top teams would almost all be in for him.

mc_lovin

It's really simple:
1) If we want to develop a winning time in the next few years (1-3) the team has to be centered around Frenkie. Meaning we badly need a complementary midfielder for him.
2) We cash in on him and hope for Gavi and Pedri in 4-5 years.

You don't create a good midfield with a bunch of U21 talents. And the rest is virtually impossible to get.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
FdJ does not warrant building a team around him. While I'm still of the opinion that he can play for most of the top teams it will always be as that third cog and not the main man of the midfield. In other words expecting him to suddenly become a Verratti , Kimmich , Modric etc... when you build the midfield around him just isn't realistic.

Best comparison is that he would be a at a similar level as Kovacic in a well oiled machine.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

It's really simple:
1) If we want to develop a winning time in the next few years (1-3) the team has to be centered around Frenkie. Meaning we badly need a complementary midfielder for him.

Let's play a game.

You are a coach-president.
You have 60m to spend on a midfielder.

1. which formation are you choosing?
2. what position will be Frenkie's position?
3. who will be his partners in your midfield?
4. do we play slower possession style or a more direct football?
5. is Ansu a winger?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans