Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raki13

Yes I keep saying good. Well noticed.

In response to nonsense about him being utter shit as is made out.

Who should Barca buy for midfield in your opinion?

Glad you now realise hes a good player now and again , sadly just not good enough.

I said a few weeks ago Billy Gilmour would be a terrific signing , very like Xavi in his style of play and would be a star in the Spanish league IMO.

Messi983

Like Camara as well but it's the first time I've seen him linked to Atletico.

https://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/frenkie-jong-futuro-posible-salida-13091165

Bar?a has problems in attack and defense, but not in the core area. The irruptions of Nico Gonz?lez, Gavi, Pedri and the hierarchy of Sergio Busquets make a very tasty cocktail both for the present and for the future. With Riqui Puig, Sergi Roberto (now injured) and Dani Alves (in Linares he played in interior positions) as other options for the Barcelona coach, the reality is that Frenkie will have to improve his performance a lot if he wants to have continuity and be important.

Oh yeah, the hierarchy of Busquets.

JamDav1982

Glad you now realise hes a good player now and again , sadly just not good enough.

I said a few weeks ago Billy Gilmour would be a terrific signing , very like Xavi in his style of play and would be a star in the Spanish league IMO.

Nah I said he has been good and was Barcas best mid last season. Nothing 'realised'.

Haha you would swap Gilmour for FDJ?

Where would Gilmour play for Barca?

He is decent and technical but jesus that is some shout.

Chelsea would snap your fucking hand off for that and Barca would never do it.

Raki13

Nah I said he has been good and was Barcas best mid last season. Nothing 'realised'.

Haha you would swap Gilmour for FDJ?

Where would Gilmour play for Barca?

He is decent and technical but jesus that is some shout.

Chelsea would snap your fucking hand off for that and Barca would never do it.

You asked who I would buy. This boy is made for LaLiga , you have seen him play for Scotland. Made a ridiculous decision to go to Norwich and I think they could get him for a good price.

JamDav1982

You asked who I would buy. This boy is made for the LaLiga , you have seen him play for Scotland. Made a ridiculous decision to go to Norwich and I think they could get him for a good price.

I like Gilmour and he is technical but at moment nowhere near FDJ as a player.

Barca are not playing Gilmour ahead of Pedri or Gavi and he is not a lone DM.

'Would take him as cheap squad player on bench but that is about it for now. Not a player would sign to improve line up or improve from FDJ at moment.

Raki13

I like Gilmour and he is technical but at moment nowhere near FDJ as a player.

Barca are not playing Gilmour ahead of Pedri or Gavi and he is not a lone DM.

'Would take him as cheap squad player on bench but that is about it for now. Not a player would sign to improve line up or improve from FDJ at moment.

Like I said , all about opinions. DeJong hasnt been good enough , Gilmour is 20 years old with a massive future and would be a terrific signing IMO.

JamDav1982

Like I said , all about opinions. DeJong hasnt been good enough , Gilmour is 20 years old with a massive future and would be a terrific signing IMO.

Gilmour is also 20 and not deemed good enough for Chelsea squad this season or to play regularly for Norwich. Works both ways.

He wouldnt get in Barcas line up so a bit of a cop out just to pick a young player who may progress when asked for who Barca should sign to improve midfield from FDJ now.

Next it will be 'Barca should have signed Nathan Patterson'.

jamrock

We are in a tough position with him, he hasn't played up to the level to justify is told cost since he's been here, but at the same time we have been managed like a school boy team during all that time.

So on one hand the thought is to sell & be done with it, but you are tempted by the prospect of what could be, which we will never know with busquets as a starter.

behindbrowneyes

Like Camara as well but it's the first time I've seen him linked to Atletico.

There have been rumours for a while, but not very concrete until this week. Various Austrian media have reported this week that Atletico wants him already in the winter market, but RBS not really willing to let him go now as they are still competing for the CL. Salzburger Nachrichten are a pretty reliable source for RBS.

Knowing RBS, this means: Atletico can have him in winter if they pay significantly above his market value. If not, they'll have to wait until summer as Camara has a contract until 2025.

Raki13

Gilmour is also 20 and not deemed good enough for Chelsea squad this season or to play regularly for Norwich. Works both ways.

He wouldnt get in Barcas line up so a bit of a cop out just to pick a young player who may progress when asked for who Barca should sign to improve midfield from FDJ now.

Next it will be 'Barca should have signed Nathan Patterson'.

Haha you asked who I would sign and I told you. Thats the worst thing about this forum , the resident experts ask a question then try to ridicule the answers because they dont agree with it .
IMO he would start in that Barca midfield. Did you watch him boss games when he did play for Chelsea ?

Get off the high horse clown , remember you were the idiot that actually said Barca were signing the best midfielder in the world [ COUTINHO ! ]

behindbrowneyes

We are in a tough position with him, he hasn't played up to the level to justify is told cost since he's been here, but at the same time we have been managed like a school boy team during all that time.

So on one hand the thought is to sell & be done with it, but you are tempted by the prospect of what could be, which we will never know with busquets as a starter.

Tbh I doubt he is willing to leave at this point. People always mentioned he'll want to leave if Barca doesn't improve, but no signs of it. His father just said that 5 top clubs are interested but Frenkie doesn't really consider it and that him and his girlfriend love Barcelona. He fancies good weather and loves to life there. If his sporting ambitions aren't so high that he wants to win titles right away no matter what, he doesn't have much reason to leave as he is highly paid already.

JamDav1982

The way it is twisted... as if he doesnt have high enough 'sporting ambitions' to leave Barca.

Maybe every Barca player should just refuse to extend or sign if they have any 'ambition' about them....

His fathers words were that top clubs are interested and Barca never mentioned to him they are willing to sell and he is happy at Barca.

How on earth can try to pull the negatives from that..

behindbrowneyes

The way it is twisted... as if he doesnt have high enough 'sporting ambitions' to leave Barca.

Maybe every Barca player should just refuse to extend or sign if they have any 'ambition' about them....

His fathers words were that top clubs are interested and Barca never mentioned to him they are willing to sell and he is happy at Barca.

How on earth can try to pull the negatives from that..

My post was not meant to say he doesn't have high sporting ambitions. I think Barca has an exciting project with lots of talented, young players. Club imo is just 2 or 3 years away from winning a big title, that's what I meant with winning titles right away. If that was his wish he'd be better of at clubs like Bayern or City.

Barca will be back, that's for sure.

khaled_a_d

I like Mohamed Camara from RBS as CDM, but looks like Atletico will sign him. We'll see then if he had been good enough as CDM for Barca.

Can you tell us more about his style?
My current favorites are Tonali but he won't leave Milan, and Maxence Caqueret from Lyon, whom I think can be perfect compliment to our midfield and if we moved fast can get him on good deal

Joan

I think some of you hope Frenkie suddenly turns into a CDM we all hope for but the signs aren?t there. In the beginning, it was said he needed double pivot to succeed, now he cannot coexist with Busquets. That might be true but the right question is if he can redeem himself at Barca at all. Last year, when he was supposedly at his best for us, he didn?t even do it as a CDM. He?s a huge investment and I hope he turns out to be the player you want but I have my doubts.

Not that we shouldn?t try since Busi is so past it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans