Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raki13

Frenkie and Busquets simply cannot co-exist.

Time for the club to make a decision soon. Even if they sell Frenkie it would be a fucking joke if Busquets is still our starter at CDM. They have to sign his(and Frenkie?s) replacement in that case.

How can you talk about a rebuild when you have Sergio?s corpse playing every single game? What a joke.

If Busquets is sold does DeJong start to be the player some on here thought he was going to be ?

JamDav1982

This, FDJ is a generational talent and I rate him highly but he is so misused by every Barca coach just to accommodate Busquets, although last season was the best I'd seen him in a Barca jersey. Watch him play for Oranje he is still phenomenal.

With you here Georgie.

Although at times FDJ should be better even if not in perfect role.

It is wasted funds paying him that salary and his amortisation costs if not going to play him in way to suit him.

They will sell him and Busi will still be starting DM making huge fuck ups game after game but still being held up as 'unique'.

More likely to extend him than ship him.

behindbrowneyes

So what's wrong with him? Is he suffering from discomfort? If he continues the season like this I won't mind selling him in summer for big money. But not before he was tested in Busi's position. The real question is if he is up for the position.

Given the lack of quality fullbacks (not that we have much quality defenders) a 3-4-3 with FDJ and Nico as double-pivot might be the best role and system for Frenkie, but I don't see Xavi benching Busi for anything other than giving him a rest.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
If Busquets is sold does DeJong start to be the player some on here thought he was going to be ?

Sell both and sign a new CDM then if you have issues with Frenkie getting a run as a CDM in an altered role that suits him and us better.

I don’t care either way. Busquets just cannot start for us anymore. I’d like Frenkie to get a proper run as a CDM without Busquets first, but if that doesnt happen then move on from both then.

Raki13

Depends how they play him.

How much you think FDJ gets sold for and to what level of team?

Dont get the depends how they play him part , hes played in several positions since he came and hes stood out in none of them. To me hes another very average player that Barca seems to sign regularly.

In todays market he should go for good money because mediocracy sells in most leagues.

Raki13

Sell both and sign a new CDM then if you have issues with Frenkie getting a run as a CDM in an altered role that suits him and us better.

I don’t care either way. Busquets just cannot start for us anymore. I’d like Frenkie to get a proper run as a CDM without Busquets first, but if that doesnt happen then move on from both then.

Never rated the guy and said so before they bought him.

You are right about Busquets though , worlds best back in his day but has been done for a while now.

JamDav1982

Dont get the depends how they play him part , hes played in several positions since he came and hes stood out in none of them. To me hes another very average player that Barca seems to sign regularly.

In todays market he should go for good money because mediocracy sells in most leagues.

He was Barcas best midfielder last season and had a lot of good games. You are going over the top on how he has been at club.

'How to play him' is fairly simple. Find a way to give him freedom to move and pick ball up early/drive on with it and get movement off him in final third.

What is 'good money' and what clubs? What would clubs be paying that money for?

Raki13

He was Barcas best midfielder last season and had a lot of good games. You are going over the top on how he has been at club.

'How to play him' is fairly simple. Find a way to give him freedom to move and pick ball up early/drive on with it and get movement off him in final third.

What is 'good money' and what clubs? What would clubs be paying that money for?

Barcas best midfielder last year is hardly a glowing positive.

The Italians are stupid enough to pay silly money for him , they did with another over hyped dutchman.

You can hype the guy up all you like , hes now in his third year and has under performed far to many times so far.

JamDav1982

Barcas best midfielder last year is hardly a glowing positive.

The Italians are stupid enough to pay silly money for him , they did with another over hyped dutchman.

You can hype the guy up all you like , hes now in his third year and has under performed far to many times so far.

Nah he had a good season last year in multiple positions without excelling to Ajax level in any.

He wont end up in Italy nor do they have money for him.

Say Barca get.. 70m for him.. who should club buy for midfield next season if anyone?

Zidane82

Frenkie and Busquets simply cannot co-exist.

Time for the club to make a decision soon. Even if they sell Frenkie it would be a fucking joke if Busquets is still our starter at CDM. They have to sign his(and Frenkie?s) replacement in that case.

How can you talk about a rebuild when you have Sergio?s corpse playing every single game? What a joke.

We already have Nico

Raki13

Nah he had a good season last year in multiple positions without excelling to Ajax level in any.

He wont end up in Italy nor do they have money for him.

I noticed you keep saying good about the guy. Exactly what I am getting at , hes never been great in any games and never looks like he could ever get to that level.

All about opinions , to me he was never a good signing and its proved to be correct.

JamDav1982

I noticed you keep saying good about the guy. Exactly what I am getting at , hes never been great in any games and never looks like he could ever get to that level.

All about opinions , to me he was never a good signing and its proved to be correct.

Yes I keep saying good. Well noticed.

In response to nonsense about him being utter shit as is made out.

Who should Barca buy for midfield in your opinion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans