Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

The man said 'proven', didn't he? Sorry, but can't be proven when you win nothing.

Very good? Yes. Too much 'world class' is thrown around lately.

Point remains. Can be world class and not have won anything major.

He was world class at Ajax and proven in as much he can reach that level.

Getting into weeds of 'proven' then and what consider it means.

He schooled Real at Bernabeu in a way no Barca player has for years.

That level and what he has shown at Barca even if not same heights is what clubs would pay for as shown its there.

How much do you think FDJ goes for if been such a let down and Ajax time is not all cracked up to be?

khaled_a_d

I don't think he will succeed as DM here, but at this point what is the alternative?
Busquets is abysmal, and even worse is tird. While FDJ is bad as CM.
It is time to experiment with him as DM for few games.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
he might have to put in a hard tackle himself on Busquets in training to get a sniff at the DM spot at this rate

MTL_Barca

Bad sign if all the kids look better than him. Right now he's just playing okay most of the time but doesn't really add much compared to Pedri, Gavi, Nico.

Honestly if Xavi doesn't consider using him differently and keeps playing 4-3-3 with Busi as lone DM it might be better for Frenkie and us if he leaves for big money even though i like him.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Who would've guessed at the start of the season we'd be better off keeping Luuk De Jong than Frenkie. I believe we have to sell him in summer

We'll see if Xavi can get something out of him in these final 5 months ahead of summer window but if he cannot, no one can

Andresito

Staff member
DM is his last chance of succeeding here. He's been given enough chances at CM for us to know that it won't pan out.

Not sure if he actually is going to succeed, but I hope Xavi at least gives him a chance to bench Busi.

He's not contributing more at CM than Nico, Gavi and Pedri at this point.

JamDav1982

He has been playing with a thigh issue all season but even then he just wont suit Xavis AM position in between the lines in final third. It is a waste of resources planning for him to play there long term

Probably even suit the RB/LB role that tucks in to midfield more than that let alone DM.

vuji_31

His best games in Ajax were when he was reciving ball at CDM position and the getting his runs to provide the ball.

Now he is playing at AM.
And in 3 and half years he didn't play single game in CDM because of deadweight Busqets who yesterday lost 2 balls that should be goal (1 was).

I am sick of Barca just of fucking Busqets, can't wait the day to see him out of the club.

His price should be 90-100 not 60.
Thats is emerassing price, considering what PL clubs are paying for shit players.

Raki13

His best games in Ajax were when he was reciving ball at CDM position and the getting his runs to provide the ball.

Now he is playing at AM.
And in 3 and half years he didn't play single game in CDM because of deadweight Busqets who yesterday lost 2 balls that should be goal (1 was).

I am sick of Barca just of fucking Busqets, can't wait the day to see him out of the club.

His price should be 90-100 not 60.
Thats is emerassing price, considering what PL clubs are paying for shit players.

So hes consistently shite because Busquets plays ?

Absolute garbage it doesnt matter where he plays hes not good enough and hasnt been since he signed. If theres a buyer the club should punt him.

Porque

We could look to him at RB like Bayern did with Kimmich. The way Alves and Roberto play the fullback role (and Im talking of Alves now he is out of his prime and not able to individually dominate the whole right side) is kind of like a Defensive Midfield Right, when in possession. He has all the physical and technical traits but is perhaps too passive to consistently progress up the flank. And you don't spend 80m for a Gio Van Bronkhorst.

Let's see how everyone in midfield co-exists now all are back and how Xavi manages there minutes. I can see it happening, but there is no reason for Busquets to play 90 everygame and we have to start bleeding in a relief for him.

I wanted 18 months, but if Frenkie continues to be peripheral, then we should see how much we can get and what we can buy with his sale. I'm sure Alemany is already studying this card.

George_Costanza

Let him play in busquets position pls

This, FDJ is a generational talent and I rate him highly but he is so misused by every Barca coach just to accommodate Busquets, although last season was the best I'd seen him in a Barca jersey. Watch him play for Oranje he is still phenomenal.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Frenkie and Busquets simply cannot co-exist.

Time for the club to make a decision soon. Even if they sell Frenkie it would be a fucking joke if Busquets is still our starter at CDM. They have to sign his(and Frenkie?s) replacement in that case.

How can you talk about a rebuild when you have Sergio?s corpse playing every single game? What a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans