Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porque

It's crazy to me that were struggling to get the ball from defence to attack yet have Frenkie on the field, pushed up in the forward line. He's the perfect player to be hovering near Busquets to help build from the back.

kilian

What the fuck happened to this guy.

I`m not expecting a Modric performance from him, but holy fuck the guy literally made a mistake in 70-80 percent of times he got the ball or should have got the ball.

Complete horror show and not the first one in recent times. Something`s up with his head.

JamDav1982

About the one player that can get around the park in his peak years and is world class under correct system... and Barca look to sell him and keep team based on Busquets.

While being linked to likes of Lewandowski and Di Maria.

Sensational.

JamDav1982

There are no top teams that are counter attacking for him to join and the best sides can counter and play possession anyway.

None of them are basing team on 33 year olds that cant run and then expect likes of FDJ to fit in round that.

It is the failure of Barca to realise they are left behind by top teams and this 'obligation' to play certain types of players is long dated.

mc_lovin

I think both him and Barca made the wrong choice. He's way more suited to a counter-attacking team

He was a possession monster for Ajax.

And while I am a big fan of Frenkie selling him depends on what we actually have in mind with the money. Getting Soler for 40-50m? Heck, no. Getting world class talent in that fits the team better? Why not, but the management has to deliver there (having the deals lined up etc pp).

FinBarcelonafan

About the one player that can get around the park in his peak years and is world class under correct system... and Barca look to sell him and keep team based on Busquets.

While being linked to likes of Lewandowski and Di Maria.

Sensational.

If Frenkie goes, Busi needs to "****" go. It's been way too long. Way too many Terrible European nights
. When do they finally learn? This old core is rotten.. very badly.

FinBarcelonafan

I think both him and Barca made the wrong choice. He's way more suited to a counter-attacking team

True. He can use his good running to bring the ball up. That's it. Clueless in offensive area and has no idea how to score a goal.

He isn't even great defending. Not sure what the hell he is good at? Holding ball and running with it when space. That's it.

Barca don't need this sort of profile and he hasn't shined in any match either with Barca.

He can probably shine with different team but not with Barca. His offensive skills are too limited.

Last edited:

Givenchy

I hope those rumors of us "offering him around" aren't true, that is pretty shitty. Frenkie clearly loves and wants to stay at Barca.

Personally though, I would sell for 80-100mil. Not a bad player but he's not the generational, build the midfield around 'set for 10 years' player we thought/hoped he was. He looked great in that Ajax system but so did Van de Beek, Ziyech, De Ligt who has struggled (although playing better recently I hear) and even Tadic.

United with ETH will be interested, hopefully PSG also so we can get a big fee.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans