Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

True. He can use his good running to bring the ball up. That's it. Clueless in offensive area and has no idea how to score a goal.

He isn't even great defending. Not sure what the hell he is good at? Holding ball and running with it when space. That's it.

Barca don't need this sort of profile and he hasn't shined in any match either with Barca.

He can probably shine with different team but not with Barca. His offensive skills are too limited.

Barca absolutely need his profile.

They are stuck in past as to what players they need.

He is one of the few that would get into just about every other team in the world and will get bids for which all plays into it.

Only him and Pedri would get that attention would think. Possibly Gavi.

Better to sell him if never going to play in way that he can flourish in but sell him and keep midfield based on Busquets...

FinBarcelonafan

Big fee shouldn't be hard. PSG and United should be all over this. Both teams could improve their midfield with him.

Question is: should we sell him?

My point view:

If Xavi can't help him to become better, he won't and we should sell him.

JamDav1982

Big fee shouldn't be hard. PSG and United should be all over this. Both teams could improve their midfield with him.

Question is: should we sell him?

My point view:

If Xavi can't help him to become better, he won't and we should sell him.

Doubt he would want to go to Man U they are nowhere near competing for trophies.

Xavi is making him worse if asks him to play CM/AM.

There seems this idea that if Xavi cant make a player better no one can which is backwards.

Kul_z

We should first sell/get rid off all the nowhere near the top players before thinking about selling him. Dest, roberto, pique, umtiti, lenglet, mingueza, alba, busi, nico, puig, pjanic, coutinho, griezman, depay, braithwaite should all be offloaded before frenkie

JamDav1982

We should first sell/get rid off all the nowhere near the top players before thinking about selling him. Dest, roberto, pique, umtiti, lenglet, mingueza, alba, busi, nico, puig, pjanic, coutinho, griezman, depay, braithwaite should all be offloaded before frenkie

Easier said than done to be fair.

Would not think there is a great market for any of those players.

Seen some folk claiming Barca will sell FDJ for 70m and sign Zubimendi for 60m.

That would be text book Barca over rating Spanish league and still not realising what elements other top clubs have in place.

Badly need a RB/LB that can deliver quality into box and get up and down park to then allow wide players to get central and support striker more often.

Could well be Xavi is looking to move to that 3223 formation he showed on his tactics video which wont cut it at top level either and same issues in place.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
True. He can use his good running to bring the ball up. That's it. Clueless in offensive area and has no idea how to score a goal.

He isn't even great defending. Not sure what the hell he is good at? Holding ball and running with it when space. That's it.

Barca don't need this sort of profile and he hasn't shined in any match either with Barca.

He can probably shine with different team but not with Barca. His offensive skills are too limited.

This is too harsh of a post. He was bad yesterday, no doubt and had been quite invisible for several games now but to say he doesn't hasn't shined at all with us is blatantly not true, the same with not knowing how to score and not knowing how to defend etc.

FDJ has his own issues, absolutely but the team tactics/Xavi is the bigger issue, I think.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Selling Frenkie for a high fee is alright but if that goes to signing an average player like Soler it's a backwards step.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
To be honest I wouldn't sign him even if he was a free transfer. He's a weird winger/midfielder hybrid who's good for Valencia, but isn't what we should be looking for. Not a type of player that moves the needle.

Doesn't make sense positionally or quality-wise, but given our transfer record last few years I suppose he'd fit well in along with the other misfits.

mc_lovin

United 'willing to offer' Marcus Rashford and Alex Telles for Frenkie de Jong #mufc [MENTION=15598]ManUtd[/MENTION]MEN

How about Rashford and Telles for him?

:lol:

Devils

He would straight out refuse to go to United and play in the damn conference league.

They are even in a worse situation than us and we're a complete disaster.

ManUtd

United 'willing to offer' Marcus Rashford and Alex Telles for Frenkie de Jong #mufc [MENTION=15598]ManUtd[/MENTION]MEN

How about Rashford and Telles for him?
:lol:

To be honest I think Rashford is overrated. He is good but nothing special without his pace and his confidence is very low. Telles isnt very good either.

We are in for a big rebuild and we would love De Jong as Ten Hag can unlock him better. I dont see him leaving however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans