Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Yanited, yeah right.

Why would he want to go there?

Frenkie is pretty self-critical, I am sure he wasn't happy with his own performance either deep down, albeit being mad when subbed off.

Unless we have a known and proven and better replacement, selling is a no-no.

Iniesta Ultra

He was complaining a lot to the refs yesterday for getting bullied, something we expect from a 17yo Gavi. I know he's done well during Xavi's honeymoon but I never thought he had dna. Maybe his best position for us would be DM or CB but we can't know with Xavi's tactics.

khaled_a_d

He needs Pedri and better DM.
If we sell him, we need a better DM, CB & LB with his money.
I can trust Alemany doing this, but zero faith on other Barca stuff

Last edited:

mc_lovin

He needs Pedri and better DM.
If we sell him, we need a better DM, CB & LB with his money.
I van trust Alemany doing this, but zero faith on other Barca stuff

He has a bit of a Valencia obsession if you ask me... Ferran, Blanco, Gaya, Soler. I am worried we replace Frenkie with Soler to be honest.

khaled_a_d

He has a bit of a Valencia obsession if you ask me... Ferran, Blanco, Gaya, Soler. I am worried we replace Frenkie with Soler to be honest.

Ferran was Xavi's pick, before hiring him it was reported we are interested in Luiz Diaz.
Blanco is good deal tbf
We aren't really linked with Soler afaik, it was that idiot TV show that said we signed a Spanish player,and wondered "is it Gaya,is it Soler" and next day he said that this player doesn't play in CDR final :lol:
If he goes for Soler, then yeah, we can scratch Alemany out of the folks we can trust

mc_lovin

Ferran was Xavi's pick, before hiring him it was reported we are interested in Luiz Diaz.

Don't think that's what happened. We were reportedly interested in Sterling, and when visiting City Alemany changed targets towards Ferran, which Xavi agreed with. Diaz was never an option, but I might have a bad memory.

I hope this guy is sold for some money, maybe it will convince me that this club fi ally knows what they are doing. He does nothing provides nothing, weak in defence weak 1v1 can't make progressive passes. Only hing he does is run. While rakitic was awful because he was so slow he knew how to play, this guy is the opposite. He doesn't know how to play but can run. Inverse rakitic.

Givenchy

I hope this guy is sold for some money, maybe it will convince me that this club fi ally knows what they are doing. He does nothing provides nothing, weak in defence weak 1v1 can't make progressive passes. Only hing he does is run. While rakitic was awful because he was so slow he knew how to play, this guy is the opposite. He doesn't know how to play but can run. Inverse rakitic.

se queda

Even if Barca wanted to sell him he will probably refuse to leave. The best we can hope for is Xavi finding a role for him next season..

fergus90

Tbh if he keeps getting subbed early, his viewpoint may change.

He did deserve to get hooked against Rayo as he was terrible but he's been hooked off before when he was the best midfielder on the pitch too.

Nothing can be done when the player simply lacks so many aspects. In reality only reason people love him is because of thst one move he did to modric a while back. Aside from that his game at Ajax was really nothing special. Just a decent player in a good team having a limited role

Joan

He isn't the most useful player in the final third and Xavi takes him out when we're down or in need of a goal. Even when he's having a good game.

serghei

It's crazy to me that were struggling to get the ball from defence to attack yet have Frenkie on the field, pushed up in the forward line. He's the perfect player to be hovering near Busquets to help build from the back.

That is on Xavi. Busi is not quick enough and the CBs aren't good enough on the ball to just use Busquets as a passing outlay from defense.

The whole trust your teammate idea doesn't work when the teammates are various degrees of too old, too slow or just average players technically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans