Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

malvolio

De Jong surely wouldn't want to leave, unless he is pushed out.

He's on big money, at his dream club and from what I saw on social media he enjoys living in Barcelona.

malvolio

I refuse to believe the guys in the Board ar that stupid as to sell arguably the best midfielder/player of the team

That's the issue, he's not the leading midfielder here. And I'm not saying he's a bad player, but he wasn't able in 3 seasons to prove himself as the best midfielder/player.

JamDav1982

That's the issue, he's not the leading midfielder here. And I'm not saying he's a bad player, but he wasn't able in 3 seasons to prove himself as the best midfielder/player.

And who has been? Busquets?

FDJ was best midfielder last season and been like most of them hot and cold this season when team is being built for Busi and Pedri type midfielders.

There is not a top club out there that would touch Busquets and Barca continue to build midfield round him to detriment of others.

wisconsincule

I just find it hard to believe he would willingly want to join United…

Even though we are at our lowest point in years it’s a big downgrade to leave for them.

El Gato

Villarato!
Xavi clearly not gonna fight tooth and nail to keep him so understandable he would rather join a coach he's already got on with in the past

Givenchy

I just find it hard to believe he would willingly want to join United…

Even though we are at our lowest point in years it’s a big downgrade to leave for them.

Well he doesn't want to leave, we are forcing him to it seems. It's sad how we are once again treating a player like cattle.

xxxxxx

West Ham doesn't need the money, Barcelona does. EPL tax>>>>La Liga tax. That's the reality mate.

I know we do. But that still shouldn't mean we sell him for a joke of a price. He's young, one of the best midfielders in the world, and he's still under contract. If we can get around 90m to 100m, then I'd take it. 60m is far too low.

Laplacian

I know we do. But that still shouldn't mean we sell him for a joke of a price. He's young, one of the best midfielders in the world, and he's still under contract. If we can get around 90m to 100m, then I'd take it. 60m is far too low.

60m is a lot lol, especially for a midfielder. 90m to 100m is insane considering his performances over the past 3 years. The only reason Rice is 150m is because West Ham doesn't actually want to sell him, they're telling all other clubs to fuck off. It's not a realistic valuation for a midfielder, so I'd refrain from basing other valuations on it.

JamDav1982

Is that why we needed to match the salary PSG offered to get him? Because he just wants Barca?

Nonsense.

Not what happened.

FDJ agreed to join Barca before salary was agreed.. could have gone back on that but wasnt a stipulation.

Also PSG tried to contact him and offer more money after he agreed to Barca move but instructed agent not to take their calls.

xxxxxx

60m is a lot lol, especially for a midfielder. 90m to 100m is insane considering his performances over the past 3 years.

Well, he can't be doing much wrong if teams like City, PSG, Man United and Bayern are interested. Besides, who in our squad has performed that well consistently in the past 3 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans