Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porque

It's just the Bordalas system, he had good completion percentage in other years and for Spain and would do good here so wouldn't mind him for 15-20m as a squad player. Probably in rotation with Pedri (we need to manage his minutes better so he doesn't become injury prone) while OTOH I think Gavi will rotate with Kessie. Busi will of course again play 95% of minutes.

Even for Spain it sits at just over 80. By comparison Kessie is a 90+ per game player.

Now to be fair to Soler none of the midfield have good pass % and Soler in previous seasons has played/was a right midfielder so there's that.

But he will be more in the Rakitic post 2018 mode, with a bit more physical ability. Worthwhile squad option admittedly.

Andresito

Staff member
At this point, Frenkie de Jong is not close to joining Manchester United. [@JonathanShrager]
There has been contact with Manchester United for Frenkie de Jong, yes. However, sources say there's no full or close agreement as of today. [@FabrizioRomano]
Bar?a are aware of United's interest in De Jong, but the operation is not advanced. De Jong wants to continue. [sport]

Rory

Would united pay him the wages he'd be after? Can't see him willingly leaving Barca, his dream club, for anything that isn't more than what he is currently on.

FC B

I refuse to believe the guys in the Board ar that stupid as to sell arguably the best midfielder/player of the team just to keep the fossil Busquets as starter for the next seasons as well and bring some Kessies or who knows who to "replace" him and they are too incompetent to go for Tchouameni. They most likely try to bring some mediocre replacement if that will be the case.

And if it's about money just go fucking sell other players not those who are young, good, proven and starters ffs.

Messi983

Even for Spain it sits at just over 80. By comparison Kessie is a 90+ per game player.

Now to be fair to Soler none of the midfield have good pass % and Soler in previous seasons has played/was a right midfielder so there's that.

But he will be more in the Rakitic post 2018 mode, with a bit more physical ability. Worthwhile squad option admittedly.

Well, he would clearly be better than using Roberto in midfield imo. The only way Roberto should be playing in midfield is as a DM. And I don't think he would be great there. Would still prefer to see him over our other option.

I don't believe Soler is one of our primary targets. They probably see him more as a market opportunity with his contract expiring in a year and could go for him if won't get other prefered options and if available for cheap. I wouldn't pay 40m but for 15-20m (maybe add someone like Mingueza to the deal as well) I wouldn't be too mad.

I think people are getting way overboard with this "we're only signing overrated La Liga players" a bit. Raki was in a similar price range (although in a pre-Neymar inflated market) and he did well. Yeah, Gomes for example flopped here but he had one solid season at Valencia before we've signed him, Soler had several good ones, similar to Raki in Sevilla.

What's the last time we've been linked to Soler anyway?

Just a few days ago.

Porque

Well, he would clearly be better than using Roberto in midfield imo. The only way Roberto should be playing in midfield is as a DM. And I don't think he would be great there. Would still prefer to see him over our other option.

I don't believe Soler is one of our primary targets. They probably see him more as a market opportunity with his contract expiring in a year and could go for him if won't get other prefered options and if available for cheap. I wouldn't pay 40m but for 15-20m (maybe add someone like Mingueza to the deal as well) I wouldn't be too mad.

I think people are getting way overboard with this "we're only signing overrated La Liga players" a bit. Raki was in a similar price range (although in a pre-Neymar inflated market) and he did well. Yeah, Gomes for example flopped here but he had one solid season at Valencia before we've signed him, Soler had several good ones, similar to Raki in Sevilla.

Just a few days ago.

Roberto this season in midfield. 9 games, 2 goals, 1 assist. 92% pass accurary. Better than FdJ before injury :lol:

Agreed with you on Soler. And for the right price I would take him. I like him for that offensive midfielder spot and takes a ton of pressure away from Gavi and Pedri. Mind you, I like Kessie on a free too.

Probably the best 2023 midfield agent after Tielemans (who I hope we have interest in) and Riqui Puig.

Horatio

You're welcome
At this point, Frenkie de Jong is not close to joining Manchester United. [@JonathanShrager]
There has been contact with Manchester United for Frenkie de Jong, yes. However, sources say there's no full or close agreement as of today. [@FabrizioRomano]
Bar?a are aware of United's interest in De Jong, but the operation is not advanced. De Jong wants to continue. [sport]

De Jong wants to continue what? Continue at Barca?

Barcilliant

I have no problem selling De Jong for big money but I have a huge problem bringing Soler in.
Why the fuck are the club so bent on getting these Spanish players? Garcia,Torres, Soler..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans