Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

He needs to be in a double pivot with another more disciplined sitting player to get best out of him. Everone knows that.

But he can still offer more to side as a lone DM than Busquets does and outwith that the frustration is having a player like FDJ but setting up a midfield on belief that Busquets is best going and others are there as positional cones for him to have options.

All players have price and selling FDJ is fine.. just a cunt when it is symbolic of Barca thinking Busi is best going when he gets caught out time and again.

Falcao

'You’re always flattered when teams show interest in you as a player but LIKE YOU SAY,
I am at the biggest club in the world at the moment and I feel fine there, so no news.’

He was responding to a Daily Mail journalist telling him twice that he was already at a great club. Just looking for a headline and has got one. What it tells you is that United and Barca aren’t close on the fee and this is going to drag.

Givenchy

He needs to be in a double pivot with another more disciplined sitting player to get best out of him. Everone knows that.

But he can still offer more to side as a lone DM than Busquets does and outwith that the frustration is having a player like FDJ but setting up a midfield on belief that Busquets is best going and others are there as positional cones for him to have options.

All players have price and selling FDJ is fine.. just a cunt when it is symbolic of Barca thinking Busi is best going when he gets caught out time and again.

It'd be peak Barca to sell Frenkie now, Busquets leaves next season and we need a total midfield overhaul with a new DM AND Frenkie replacement :lol:

Last edited:

gregorrin10

Frenkie de Jong on Man United deal: ''You're always flattered when teams show interest in you as a player, but I am at the biggest club in the world at the moment, I feel fine there [at Barca], so no news.''

I swear if the club forces this guy out for one more (last!) year of Busquets. :puke: And then as predictable as ever, go and buy some bullshit Spanish replacement from La Liga next summer. We already need to look for a Busquets replacement next summer. Let's not be stupid and double down on that by selling De Jong. Sure Gavi is getting there and is probably the long term future together with Pedri, but at 17 he ain't ready to play every single game. We saw what happened with Pedri, when he was overplayed, and with Gavi that risk is even higher, since he's such a 'no nonsense' aggressive player.

Frenkie is a proven world class player, and he clearly loves the club, even to the point of agreeing to a pay cut, if it means helping the club out. And is only just approaching his best years. He is the exact personality and age profile we're sorely lacking in our team of teenagers and oldies right now. He is the kind of player you build around, not without. And yes, even change the midfield setup to bring out the best out of him, if necessary.

Although I still think he hasn't gotten nearly enough chances to make that CDM spot his own. Maybe a game or two here and there every season when Busquets was out, and because he didn't have the best game, people simply wrote him off for that spot. Crazy. Yes that's not his best position, we all know that, but I bet you he'd still do a much better job than the 34-year old dinosaur. At least FDJ has the engine and the pace to keep up and not get caught out of position every time the opponent runs into a counter attack.

Not to mention with also getting Kessie we could very well see a shift in the midfield to a double pivot for a few years, or even play a fluent midfield setup depending on which players are on the pitch. De Jong, Kessie and Nico are all clearly better in a double pivot, hell even Gavi would probably be more suited for that role than the advanced one, him and De Jong compete for that box to box role, while Kessie/Nico sit back and protect the defense more. While we then go with Pedri and Torre for the CAM role. And in a double pivot you pretty much can't do better than having Frenkie for that box-to-box role.

And he won't get a proper chance, as long as Biscuit is here. Lucky he's (seemingly determined to be) leaving in a year. Now all that we need to do, is NOT FUCK UP and get rid of De Jong before then!

Jakabor

United cunts think they can low ball Barca.

We can and will activate the economic levers from tomorrow, and they will not have any advantage in negotiations. Kessie, Christensen can be registered.

SER are reporting that Barca would generate 700M (!) by activating the economic levers on Thursday.

If you want him, United, then pay the required price or fuck off and add another (but lesser) midfielder to your below average midfield.

Happily keeping Frenkie.

Last edited:

Jakabor

Barcelona, in total, should receive 740M out of the economic levers. The 49% BLM sale will contribute around 200M, while 540M, in total, for television rights. @2Playbook

Givenchy

Seems we are still forcing him to leave :lol: Daddy Ten Haag better get the glazers to pay up as United are still lowballing us -20mil

xXKonan

Shouldn't budge at all now that we are in a much better position, United have the money, and if they want him that badly they should pay up.

Not really a fan of selling him anyway at least at the moment. Not sure what use is selling him and getting Bernardo Silva when Xavi himself can't organize how the Midfield should work for shit, despite being one of the greatest CMs ever. Guy will still find a way to make the likes of Silva look bad.

Devils

He's being forced to leave because his salary will go up next season.

Not that I care if he left anyway. Been mediocre signing at best during his time at Barca.

malvolio

He's being forced to leave because his salary will go up next season.

Not that I care if he left anyway. Been mediocre signing at best during his time at Barca.

This. Don't think club are that bothered if United throw 10M extra or not. The real issues are his salary and his inability to become a key player here.

Zidane82

Barcelona, in total, should receive 740M out of the economic levers. The 49% BLM sale will contribute around 200M, while 540M, in total, for television rights. @2Playbook

Has this happened ?!

I just saw some Madrid fans raving about us suddenly finding 600 million down the sofa

Zidane82

Mmmm

🚨🚨| BREAKING: FC Barcelona would have more than ?200M to strengthen the team this summer.
@COPE [🎖️]

Jakabor

Has this happened ?!

I just saw some Madrid fans raving about us suddenly finding 600 million down the sofa

Yes. It has. All that was needed was the approval from the socis.

We can go shopping BIG TIME this summer. And we do not have to sell De Jong, so Uniteds leverage just went down a notch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans