Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Givenchy

I am tired of this players not wanting to leave.

De Jong is shit player compared to B.Silva.

He had 3 years to establish himself.

I am not saying he busi should start but he was not impressive at all.

Especially on big games.

He's not shit in any sense of the word, different type of player to Bernardo which is why Xavi wants Frenkie gone.

I agree he should go but I cant blame him if he clings on, although it would fuck our transfer window up for sure. Imagine living in a beautiful city, playing for your dream club collecting massive wages, CL is almost guaranteed as La liga isn't as competitive as PL. Then imagine leaving to live in rainy manchester (I live in the south of the UK and even down here I can admit our weather is shite) to play for a club that finished 6th, no CL and no guarantee they make it next season especially with Arsenal and Tottenham moving quickly.

I think had Bayern or City come in, he'd reluctantly go. United will need to pay him a lot in wages to compensate.

mc_lovin

80m+12m in variables is the new rumoured offer. Looks quite decent to be honest.

Just hope we don't go for Bernardo if we sell him.

xXKonan

FDJ isn't any shape or form a shit fucking player.

Christ some of you guys think Bernardo is the second coming of jesus christ or some shit. Yeah, he's an excellent player, but he'll look like Andre Gomes under Xavi and the same guys sucking his tits will turn on him as soon as he starts underperforming calling him the worst signing we have made in years.

Messigician

FDJ isn't any shape or form a shit fucking player.

Christ some of you guys think Bernardo is the second coming of jesus christ or some shit. Yeah, he's an excellent player, but he'll look like Andre Gomes under Xavi and the same guys sucking his tits will turn on him as soon as he starts underperforming calling him the worst signing we have made in years.

No No won't

He's elite for Portugal in a meh team

xXKonan

No No won't

He's elite for Portugal in a meh team
FDJ consistently played well for Holland as well under different coaches as well and even if Santos is some sort of Football terrorist for a manager the guy won the euros and Portugal isn't exactly shit either roster wise.

I'm not saying it's been all roses here for FDJ and I've been disappointed with him quite a bit. But if what the bullshit Xavi put out in the last portion of the season is to be expected, I don't expect Bernardo to be our Midfield savior either. He'll just be another victim.

malvolio

So FDJ is elite only when playing in a certain system, for one of the shittiest Netherlands teams in decades.

But can't be elite when playing all over the park for one of the shittiest Barca teams in the last 20 years.

mc_lovin

So FDJ is elite only when playing in a certain system, for one of the shittiest Netherlands teams in decades.

But can't be elite when playing all over the park for one of the shittiest Barca teams in the last 20 years.

Who has been better than Frenkie for us these past three years (Messi excluded)? It's all quite relative.

Pedri stepped it up this season, but was mostly injured. That's pretty much it.

Horatio

You're welcome

NL team has higher tempo and movement and he does not have to grandpa sit.

Birdy

In Xavi's system, you won't get the best version out of FDJ, either as a pivot or one of the interiors.
This!

In any version of 4-3-3, Frenkie has no position.
He is doing the best he can to perform well, and is a model professional, and a top notch footballer.

But he is neither a single pivot, nor an interior, and he will NEVER become either of the two.
It's simple as that, and everyone watching Barca the last 3 years should have understood it.
But Ten Haag even summarized it pretty succinctly some months ago about what his position is...

It's better for everyone to go to a team that plays a system which INCLUDES his position, to begin with...

Barcilliant

People don't get it. Virtually every player is a "system" player. There are very few of layers who aren't. You could say Messi is a system player too because the system for him is designed to get the ball to him frequently and let him roam free. He didn't actually set France on fire last season.
De Jong was brought into be THE star and future of this club in midfield at least. Unfortunately we've had shit managers who have no clue what his best position is or how to use him. To make matters worse they prioritise Biscuits over him despite all the evidence showing Biscuits is finished. You can sell De Jong and get Silva but I don't think you'd get much joy. Alot 9f the time the biggest problem has been the managers themselves. Spineless, no personalities who bend to the will of the amigos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans