Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kul_z

I don't want him to stay as I'd rather Bernardo.. but man the meltdown on redcafe would be almost worth it

Dont rate both as the world beaters, still think frenkie has much to show, but redcafe meltdown is a thing to behold. Fucking cunts

Givenchy

Dont rate both as the world beaters, still think frenkie has much to show, but redcafe meltdown is a thing to behold. Fucking cunts

Bernardo is a level above, imo. Many rave about KdB at City (rightfully so) but Bernardo has been very important, just read some of the City fans thoughts on him potentially leaving.

I just don't see much point of Frenkie in the role Xavi sees him. I'd actually rather we sell Frenkie and buy a Busquets replacement with the money.

Kul_z

Bernardo is a level above, imo. Many rave about KdB at City (rightfully so) but Bernardo has been very important, just read some of the City fans thoughts on him potentially leaving.

I just don't see much point of Frenkie in the role Xavi sees him. I'd actually rather we sell Frenkie and buy a Busquets replacement with the money.

Your opinion. I think bernardo would come handy but our team is still so unbalanced that if we play with bernardo and rw we'd be molested defensively. If we put him on rw we are too slow. Dont know. Id like to see fdj for a month in ancient one's role.

wisconsincule

They make it up as they go along to fit the narrative. The new one is; Frenkie wants to actually leave Barca, only for United but doesn't want to burn bridges with the fans so he is saving face. It's all down to him wanting his deferred payments, that's why he isn't already a United player. Oh and apparently they can walk away and we will be back begging them desperately to save us from financial ruin. We also must take his payments out of their measly transfer offer and pay the player :lol: #FreeFrenkie

?I bet Barca are pushing us to pay their bill? :lol:

What a bunch of morons.

Man U sucks and if I were FDJ I wouldn?t want to go there either?

Temptation

KDB even when "off form" is easily a tier above Bernardo. It's very tough to watch a game of Football and not come out awestruck at KDB's sheer brilliance.

Bernardo has been playing in a system that is absolutely perfect for him. He's quality but he might not look as good for Barca in Xavi's system.

fergus90

Bernardo was fantastic for City last year and their fans love him.

He was class at Monaco too and is for Portugal. The guy is just a great footballer.

Andresito

Staff member
Is Bernardo really that influential for Portugal?

Since 2020 he's played 27 games for them, in only 4 of those has he played full 90. Doesn't mean much per se, but it shows that Santos is content with taking him off in a lot of games.
You'd want a world class player on the pitch for as long as possible wouldn't you. He didn't play 90 once during Euro 2020.

For City he's playing 90 min most games.

fergus90

He was player of the tournament for them when they won the Nations League. Didn't have the best Euro's was but was their MOTM vs France.

Definitely isn't too far down the pecking order of influential players. But it's all irrelevant anyway as there is zero chance he joins unfortunately.

Andresito

Staff member
FXYZR2nXgAAb4aK

pretending-to-be-happy-hiding-crying-behind-a-mask-meme-template-8b71e.jpg

JamDav1982

KDB is a different level to Bernardo at City.

Bernardo is good but one of those players that folk seem to think is a bit under rated and then in turn over rate him as best in team.

KDB has been the better player and by a long way.

El Gato

Villarato!
Bernardo is good but one of those players that folk seem to think is a bit under rated and then in turn over rate him as best in team.

KDB has been the better player and by a long way.

Folk who think he's better than KDB just need to see some light of day.
TBH I've never seen anyone dumb enough to claim that
Something serghei would say I think

Actually quite envious he seems set on Barca of all Spanish teams. Could play for RM easy if they expressed desire to get him in and bin Asensio

feggydinho

FDJ could probably make more money by signing for Man Utd if strictly looking at it across the next four years.

His base salary of ?290K is not all that extreme and likes of DDG, Sancho, Varane etc are said to be on a lot more than that.

Lot of folk are making out he would be 17m out of pocket if moves when he wouldnt be.. just that Barca would not have paid him for deferred salary in full.

Having said that the way club have behaved now and towards players in past if were FDJ would be trying to take every penny can.

Barca should just pay up, can't be owing many players and making big money signings at the same time. Looks deceitful, and Frenkie should get all his money if he can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans