Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

mc_lovin

Am I delusional or United fans? They think we desperately need this to happen.

As far as I am concerned we have no stakes in this. He leaves, fine. He stays, also fine - we keep an excellent player. Financially we should be good either way.

FinBarcelonafan

As far as I am concerned we have no stakes in this. He leaves, fine. He stays, also fine - we keep an excellent player. Financially we should be good either way.

I agree. Don't really care in a way.

wisconsincule

United fans are definitely delusional. According to them FDJ has been their player for the last month. Going to be pretty funny when FDJ stays and they end up with some bum.

serghei

These EPL fans think we're close to filing for bankruptcy.

Kul_z

Like i said earlier, in between when i have time and need a good laugh i go to frenkie's thread on redcafe. Most of them are financial experts, hating barca and laporta on all cylinders like we are some villain club who doesnt rate our players and if we dont let frenkie go for 60m we would bankrupt. They know if they miss out on frenkie they would splash 40-50m on some bum too. If you want to build your team around frenkie, then fucking pay. Its simple

xXKonan

FDJ holds all the power in this situation and he's damn well using it.

Long-term contract and we owe him quite a bit in deferred wages. United has been relying on the allure of playing under ETH again but nothing much else really and it's no wonder why he ain't biting.

The leaks and stuff coming from the Catalan media from the Board also made us look bad to an extent that it seems that things have gotten quiet. We can't strong-arm a guy into leaving who is on a long-term contract and who is owed a lot in deferred wages without it making us look like a bunch of cheapskates in the process.

serghei

The leaks and stuff coming from the Catalan media from the Board also made us look bad to an extent that it seems that things have gotten quiet. We can't strong-arm a guy into leaving who is on a long-term contract and who is owed a lot in deferred wages without it making us look like a bunch of cheapskates in the process.

FDJ is looking pretty bad here if you ask me. Came in as a top player, on a high worse, only to provide little to no impact and be basically like the other leechers staying for the paycheck. In these conditions, the club should look to sell him no doubt.

The board didn't give him this contract. It's yet another case of shit being shoved down their throat by Bartomeu, and Laporta trying to clear it from our books.

Porque

Being overpaid isn't Frenkie's fault. You get what you negotiate. International player, starting, in his prime and signed for 80m a few years back.

This isn't the same as the shot racehorses in LB, RB, CB and DMC. I think of them four only Roberto (and maybe Alba) earn less.

The overpaid talk is because the media are putting the knife in as there is a potential 80m transfer at stake. The only other player who can bring those figures for us is Pedri.

serghei

Being overpaid isn't Frenkie's fault. You get what you negotiate. International player, starting, in his prime and signed for 80m a few years back.

This isn't the same as the shot racehorses in LB, RB, CB and DMC. I think of them four only Roberto (and maybe Alba) earn less.

The overpaid talk is because the media are putting the knife in as there is a potential 80m transfer at stake. The only other player who can bring those figures for us is Pedri.

This board set firmer wage limits. De Jong's contract is one of the shitty deals from the Bartomeu era to sort out, and contrary to the veterans who have no market to sell them, we have an opening to sell De Jong and we should take it if possible.

This is the current board being more ruthless and I think that's what we need to do. It's not pretty or noble, but it's smart. Reduce his contract or sell him, both good options for the club all things considered.

Last edited:

jamrock

The vets have no market value, literally zero.

Hence their situation is different from Frankie de jong, who has market value & is under performing relative to his wages.

So on one hand, you can sell this player get some cash & cap space.

On the other hand, you just basically have to play nice & try to negotiate a buy out of the deferred wages.

Unless you believe in the 1% chance you can cancel a contract without paying up.

No can't compare him to the oldies it's a false equivalency.

serghei

The vets have no market value, literally zero.

Hence their situation is different from Frankie de jong, who has market value & is under performing relative to his wages.

So on one hand, you can sell this player get some cash & cap space.

On the other hand, you just basically have to play nice & try to negotiate a buy out of the deferred wages.

Unless you believe in the 1% chance you can cancel a contract without paying up.

No can't compare him to the oldies it's a false equivalency.

His contract is worth it even if he can play like a world-class player. But I think the club just doesn't rate him as high as to keep him and pay him.

It's pretty astonishing to see De Jong's contract, and then compare it to Pedri's contract. That huge difference is basically bullshit and unwarranted when comparing performances on the field.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans