Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

fergus90

United have just won the Bangkok Century Cup trophy so no wonder they are dreaming big.

Especially thrashing a Liverpool side who have been back training about a week.

delancey

The interesting thing about Man U is how they have only had one legendary manager, and now Ten Hang is filling the footsteps of the many managers who couldn?t live up to expectations. Add to this, there is a lot of excitement regarding how well Ten Hag will perform outside of Ajax. I remember before Guardiola arrived in the EPL, so many keyboard warriors were saying that he could not succeed in the EPL because of x or y reason. Look at him now.

I for one would like to see Ten Hag succeed. I guess I am just a sucker for typical Hollywood endings. I like seeing the underdog win and do well.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The interesting thing about Man U is how they have only had one legendary manager, and now Ten Hang is filling the footsteps of the many managers who couldn?t live up to expectations. Add to this, there is a lot of excitement regarding how well Ten Hag will perform outside of Ajax. I remember before Guardiola arrived in the EPL, so many keyboard warriors were saying that he could not succeed in the EPL because of x or y reason. Look at him now.

I for one would like to see Ten Hag succeed. I guess I am just a sucker for typical Hollywood endings. I like seeing the underdog win and do well.

I for one always find it hilarious to see Man Utd try hard and flop even harder due to their rabid fans and their Barca-hate.

But I like ten Hag so I suppose him winning some FA Cups and shit would be fine for me.

gregorrin10

Ten Hag the next SAF
Sancho > Mbappe
Gonna win the league

tbf though, if you've had to sit or well.. suffer through their games in recent years (Dad and Uncle are big United fans so I've watched their games) it must be nice to actually watch your team play something that resembles football again.

ETH is a solid choice of manager, United of old would of totally gone for Poch. Risky move but if it pays off, they are looking good. Still think they will struggle to get top 4 this season but ETH is a longer project.

Question is, will the Glazers let him become a longer project!? I hope not. He deserves a better club.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Seems clubs have shaken hands, but Frenkie doesn?t want to move.

Thanks. I don't blame him at all. I don't think we can force him to go there, can we?

He grew up wanting to play for us and is being sold just to finance other signings. I would have been mad myself.

Givenchy

Question is, will the Glazers let him become a longer project!? I hope not. He deserves a better club.

Hard to know. I mean, we kind of saw this 'style change' under LvG and we all know how that ended up. There is a risk EtH shows a lack of flexibility looking at their current signings/targets all being from Eredivisie/ex-Ajax, I think theres a red flag on most of those talents but Glazers are clearly backing him balls deep. I think he'll aim for a Pep like stay, 4-5+ years and then maybe Bayern? (his ultimate dream apparently) glad he's not wasting time in Bundesliga though, PL will be great next season.

Messi983

Imagine the club telling Frenkie "we need to sell you because of financial reasons" while at the same time we just spend 60m on Raphinha and will soon pay 50m for Lewa. :lol:

And also imagine him going to that dumpster fire of a team that is United while we're bringing all these new signings and could actually be a competitive team after years of humiliations.

No wonder he doesn't want to leave and I hope he'll stand firm. I don't think we need to sell him to buy Raphinha. If we've actually spend 60m on him counting that FDJ will be sold then Laporta is worse than Bartomeu. And I could live without spending 50m on Lewa. Would like to get Kounde (he'd actually be my first priority ahead of Raphinha) but don't believe we're really as close to him than Ojo merchant thinks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans