Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinBarcelonafan

Yeah obviously it's not for finances, but more like.. You haven't performed or Xavi doesn't really see him as part of his project.

I think it's a nice way of saying, we don't really need you and we could use the money somewhere else.

CanadianCanadian

Only problem is that with selling him. We will have to find another midfielder who can play in that deeper position in another season. Franck is more of a box-to-box player for me. Sergio is leaving next year it seems. Nico isn't good enough, maybe for a stop gap, but the drop in quality from Sergio to Frenkie to Nico will be hard to work around...

Messi983

Barca knows they have to pay him deferred wages (around 16m I've read) if he leaves now and they are still pushing him out of the club. So don't think that's a reason why Frenkie doesn't want to leave. He knows he'll get that money eventually. If he'd be all about the money he'd actually leave now and get that owed money immediately (unless he would actually do us a favor and agree to get that money paid out in 2024 for example but don't know why he'd do that with how we've treated him), if he stays payments of deferred wages will most likely be spread out during the rest of his contract. Don't know what actual agreement is but if Barca's main concern would be his deferred wages they would prefer him to stay.

So what the club actually care about right now is his salary for upcoming season when he'll earn 18m. A 4m raise from originally agreed salary (14m) but in reality (from a club perspective) they can say his wage will double compared to last season when he only received 9m (with 5m deferred).

We can add 2m for games played (at least 60% which is something he'll surely do if he stays; he's never injured and would stay important player for Xavi) and 2,9m loyalty bonus (don't know when that has to be paid out, hope it's not on August 1 and he's just waiting that date like Neymar did back in 2017 :lol: - it's true Neyboy's loyalty bonus was much higher though so I doubt Frenkie is really playing the same game but you never know). And then some more club performance related bonuses if we get to the CL final and win it (don't really need to worry about that, lol) or if we win La Liga or Copa.

And further of course his yearly amortization which according to my calculation is around 12m. Could be wrong but I'm 99% sure it's somewhere between 10-15m anyway.

That's why Barca wants to offload him and not for not wanting to pay him deferred wages.

Loki

So what the club actually care about right now is his salary for upcoming season when he'll earn 18m.
And further of course his yearly amortization which according to my calculation is around 12m. Could be wrong but I'm 99% sure it's somewhere between 10-15m anyway.

That's why Barca wants to offload him and not for not wanting to pay him deferred wages.

That's exactly the reason.
He is in total just too expensive in masa salarial, somewhere around 30m+ a year. And that's for a player, who isn't an undisputed starter anymore with Pedri, Gavi and Kessi on his position.
Also, his strongest position as double pivot doesnt exist in our 433. So we have a player who costs us around 30m+ a year, has a big competition on his position and can't play out all his strengh due system/position reasons.
Dembele's new contract for example costs the club around 10m yearly with 0 amortization. So he is from now on more or less 3 times cheapter than Frenkie for the club.
Under those circumstances, I understand the clubs will to sell him

Loki

So what the club actually care about right now is his salary for upcoming season when he'll earn 18m.

That's exactly the reason.
He is in total just too expensive in masa salarial, somewhere around 30m+ a year. And that's for a player, who isn't an undisputed starter anymore with Pedri, Gavi and Kessi on his position.
Also, his strongest position as double pivot doesnt exist in our 433. So we have a player who costs us around 30m+ a year, has a big competition on his position and can't play out all his strengh due system/position reasons.
Dembele's new contract for example costs the club around 10m yearly with 0 amortization. So he is from now on more or less 3 times cheapter than Frenkie for the club.
Under those circumstances, I understand the club's will to sell him.

xxxxxx

He's apparently been told he HAS to leave the club. I mean, he can tell the club to fuck off. They honestly can't force him to leave. lol

malvolio

He's apparently been told he HAS to leave the club. I mean, he can tell the club to fuck off. They honestly can't force him to leave. lol

hard to believe he'll stay if he is unwanted. it's one thing to have a problem with the coach(who might be there or not in 6 months), but if the president tells you you gotta go, there's no point in staying.

xxxxxx

hard to believe he'll stay if he is unwanted. it's one thing to have a problem with the coach(who might be there or not in 6 months), but if the president tells you you gotta go, there's no point in staying.

I get that. But if he doesn't want to leave, they can't do much about it. It's not like they can dock his salary or sit him on the bench next season.

He must hate it. He knows damn well that Man Utd is not getting Champions League next season, and he's leaving a sunny and warm country to play in the rain and Europa League for the next season or 2. And Man Utd will be getting a player that essentially didn't want to join them.

Givenchy

I get that. But if he doesn't want to leave, they can't do much about it. It's not like they can dock his salary or sit him on the bench next season.

He must hate it. He knows damn well that Man Utd is not getting Champions League next season, and he's leaving a sunny and warm country to play in the rain and Europa League for the next season or 2. And Man Utd will be getting a player that essentially didn't want to join them.

I wonder how much wages they'll have to pay him to compensate for no CL. If I was Frenkie I'd want a buyout/exit clause if things don't improve at United also or he could end up another Pogba - a wasted career. Will be awkward to watch his 1st interview.. can hardly say "It has always been my dream to play here" :lol: At least he is professional though.

No chance of him staying now. Barca look like cunts after this and I feel bad for the player honestly. I hope we can go for Bernardo once he's sold, Barca comes first. :boss:

Last edited:

Porque

It's sad to force a player out like Frenkie because he is very very good (world class with the right manager- though you really need to be world class even with the wrong one at club like Barca) and this decision isn't just sporting, but maybe Man Utd and Barcelona should publicly announce a bid has been accepted first.

Givenchy

Can we use one of those economic levers without having to sell him ? Forcing him out is just bad.

I think we could.. but Xavi clearly wants a different type of player for the role he played Frenkie in, financial side is more of an excuse to get rid of the player. I would rather we give him a chance without that fucking dinosaur at DM but as Valverde would say, it is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans