Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPM85

Play FdJ instead of Busquets, problem solved.

First decent idea in ages here on this board.
Get those old shits out of the squad who got humiliated time and time again since 2016. 7 years straight they shit their pants in CL and they still play.

Frenkie - Kessie - Pedri should be our starting midfield.

Porque

He likes Barca and the city. Doesn't look like the type to make changes either once settled.

Yep, and there is a role for him here if we were so inclined to prioritise on Frenkie. But rightly or wrongly, Pedri (and then Gavi) will be our focus.

serghei

Yep, and there is a role for him here if we were so inclined to prioritise on Frenkie. But rightly or wrongly, Pedri (and then Gavi) will be our focus.

I have not given up on Frenkie. But if he stays this season, and if he serves up the same one great game, 2 mediocre ones, one shit one combo he has been serving for the last 2-3 years, he needs to feck off.

Put up, or shut up and fuck off. Or you turn into a leacher like the likes of Lenglet and Umtiti. Players who are not delivering the goods and are clinging on the contract.

I like Frenkie. He is a nice guy. But we need warriors now. If he is one, then stay and prove you're the real deal.

This is a 2003/04 moment. That moment was our zero to hero phase. Everything that followed was milking up the Pep (and partly Rijkaard) effect. That has dried out for good. Now it's time to build from the ground up. And you need men with guts for that.

Last edited:

BusiTheKing

I have not given up on Frenkie. But if he stays this season, and if he serves up the same one great game, 2 mediocre ones, one shit one combo he has been serving for the last 2-3 years, he needs to feck off.

based on the past few seasons, 1 great 2 mediocre 1 shit is a pretty high standard sequence for our squad though. can't think of a single member -- besides Araujo perhaps -- who does any better

serghei

based on the past few seasons, 1 great 2 mediocre 1 shit is a pretty high standard sequence for our squad though. can't think of a single member -- besides Araujo perhaps -- who does any better

Araujo, Pedri, Gavi all do better imo. All cost us way less than Frenkie.

Porque

I think Frenkie was our best central midfielder overall last season. Everyone had peaks and dips, and Pedri didn't play enough.

But if Xavi is watching and expecting him the move, position, receive and pass like either himself or Iniesta then he will always disappoint.

The same way we are disappointed as fans that Ferran doesn't score, but Xavi was delighted that he wore a hardworking facial expression.

Sooke

That is a parallel discussion. And not the real big obstacle here.

The painful truth for United fans is that, in the context of Barca improving their team, going to United is a massive step back. A very strong Barca is a career-end club for most players. Doesn't get any better. Especially for someone from the Dutch school, knowing the Cruyff connection.

Leaving Barca is always a step back for every football player. Unfortunately, Frankie could not live here with the expectations. In order for him to restore his career he needs to move somewhere else. I agree that United is not the best destination for him but there is no other buyer at this time. Bayern are not willing to spend 80 million for him after their recent additions.

xXKonan

Kessie vs FDJ vs Gavi vs Pablo Torre and perhaps Nico.

Great Competition to go along with Pedri, which brings me to the next point. What was the point in renewing Roberto? Getting rid of Puig and Alves, is one thing but we brought in Kessie and FDJ could end up staying and we got young hotshots in Gavi and Torre along with Nico and the RB spot could end up being Dest-Apilz-Kounde? (Assuming Dest stays and we get both Cesar and Kounde)

Guess we just had some pity for him I guess.

BusiTheKing

spanish media has fried a few brains on here if they think Nico Gonzalez is anywhere near the caliber of player than Frenkie is.

imo he's the most consistent out of all of them, meaning that even when things don't work out for him offensively, he offers a much more stable level of defensive and structural contribution than Pedri or Gavi do -- the former disappearing, being consistently a few steps behind the game in high intensity situations and the former being still rather flaky.

Fact remains that he's the only one of our midfielders who can receive the ball under pressure, without a clear passing option open, and reliably retain possession of the ball -- a hole he leaves achingly apparent when absent aganst high intensity opponents.

vegitot

Tru. But can Frenkie make a pass that no one in Barca can make like Mavericky aka 10m side pass to Sergi in a friendly game???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans