Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sooke

FDJ was supposed to get 14 million a year, but in 2019-20 he got 3 mil. and in 2020-21, he got 9 mil. This coming season he would get 18 mil. at Barcelona, plus 2.88 mil. in loyalty bonus. These are payments that Manchester United are not willing to reach. (Daily Telegraph )

FinBarcelonafan

Sell. His finishing is just bad as always. He will never be a total midfielder. He just likes to sergi Roberto the ball from defense and that's it.

He lacks final pass, final finish.

FinBarcelonafan

Sell while United is interested.

Gut feeling:

If he doesn't leave now, we will sell him next summer for half the price.

I think he would look better with United. I am not even convinced he will be starter with Xavis Barca...

He needs to leave for the sake of his career. Ten Haag knows how to play him anyway.

Givenchy

Gut feeling:

If he doesn't leave now, we will sell him next summer for half the price.

I think he would look better with United. I am not even convinced he will be starter with Xavis Barca...

He needs to leave for the sake of his career. Ten Haag knows how to play him anyway.

Half the price? why? Top CL clubs might be interested in him next season and he has a contract til 2026.

If anything now is not the best time to sell as only 1 club is interested.

fergus90

I guess it depends on how much he features and contributes. Less importance to the first XI will obviously lead to a cut price and him looking for regular football.

If the situation is the same as this summer, then there's no reason he couldn't attract a big fee next year too, being only 26 then.

Gnidrologist

d64ff58d-52c7-4fc5-af53-a159b2aaeb01_text.gif

mc_lovin

Don't think anyone can blame him for not wanting to join United.

Personally I would be quite happy if he stays... would rather keep him with Busquets leaving next year instead of going for guys like Zubimendi or Ruben Neves (ffs).

snowy

Frankly, Frenkie been acting like a saint.

I'd have told fatso to take his proposal n shove it up his butt.

He and Alemany been polishing the best transfer window in ages but doesn't make them less shady when it comes this lame-ass pack your bags n go to Manure guilt-trip tactics :lol:

serghei

FDJ was supposed to get 14 million a year, but in 2019-20 he got 3 mil. and in 2020-21, he got 9 mil. This coming season he would get 18 mil. at Barcelona, plus 2.88 mil. in loyalty bonus. These are payments that Manchester United are not willing to reach. (Daily Telegraph )

That is a parallel discussion. And not the real big obstacle here.

The painful truth for United fans is that, in the context of Barca improving their team, going to United is a massive step back. A very strong Barca is a career-end club for most players. Doesn't get any better. Especially for someone from the Dutch school, knowing the Cruyff connection.

Porque

Big slap in the face of United that Frenkie doesn't want to go to the club that is managed by the guy that he played the best under in his career.

serghei

Big slap in the face of United that Frenkie doesn't want to go to the club that is managed by the guy that he played the best under in his career.

He likes Barca and the city. Doesn't look like the type to make changes either once settled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans