Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

FDJ is a completely different level of passing ball forward than Arthur and has been mid with most chances created the past couple seasons in the league for Barca despite playing at DM at time and in defence in that time.

Even last game had a great ball forward that created a chance.

His issue is more not being comfortable when one of Xavis attacking mids where wait and often receive ball with back to goal.

Birdy

Like i said, surround him with players that can play in mf like ancient one is surrounded with fdj and pedri. Dont put lenglet behind his back. How many games did frenkie play at dm? And what was the line up? It was atrocious i'd say it to you in case you didnt watch barca past 3 years.

That's a good load of excuses for him.
No, he was bad as sole DM and he was below par as an interior.
Nothing to do with his teammates and surroundings.

Ten Hag wants him to play as he played under him at Ajax: next to another CDM and Frenkie being the first to receive the ball and move the team via his carries.
That's not how Barca plays, and it will not be in the near future at least.
His positiion doesn't exist in a 4-3-3.
Simple as that.

JamDav1982

He was Barcas best player in last game he played DM and beat Celta 3-1.

While has been Barcas best mid over last three seasons overall.

But too much to pay for him on books with midfield shape Xavi wants.

There is a reason Xavi chose him as his DM on rare occasion Busquets couldnt play and Barca didnt suffer for it in those games.

JamDav1982

Dejong idea of a pass from A to B is to run from A to B

Nah FDJ is a good passer of ball and much more proactive on ball than likes of Arthur.

Created most chances of any mid two seasons in a row and watch video of best goals under Xavi and he is heavily involved in them with positive play and running.

snowy

I get folks wishing him gone due to his super jackpot MegaBarto payday but they just playin ostrich, dude ain't going nowhere.

Either he gets benched and pulls a Welsh Dragon or Xavi gives him the min. and rotates MF with combos of Gavi, Ancient One, Kess Kess Bang Bang and FDJ.

edit: ousssdia 4got Pedri!

Nico is 1 step lower but got room to improve. Great energy n vibes but also very erratic, shades of Vidal

Playing Seabiscuit in DM is too risky and suicidal so might see him more upfront and either FDJ or Kessie in DM

That is unless he stays in Barcelona and turns into a semi-pro golf wiz ;)

Last edited:

CatalinR10

295200241_10161416280364305_8359196357688276228_n.jpg

Andresito

Staff member
He was Barcas best player in last game he played DM and beat Celta 3-1.

While has been Barcas best mid over last three seasons overall.

But too much to pay for him on books with midfield shape Xavi wants.

There is a reason Xavi chose him as his DM on rare occasion Busquets couldnt play and Barca didnt suffer for it in those games.

Didn't we play 4-2-3-1 that game?

https://www.whoscored.com/Matches/1560063/Live/Spain-LaLiga-2021-2022-Barcelona-Celta-Vigo
https://www.transfermarkt.com/spielbericht/index/spielbericht/3611490

gregorrin10

Sell this fraud.

Why PSG is not interested in him.

3-4-3 with Verratti and De Jong could be great.

They just bought Vitinha, and are most likely getting Renato Sanches too. Their new director Campos is a little more shrewd, not just going for the big names anymore, but actually building a proper team it seems.

Porque

Campos is the type of guy who would buy de Jong if he cost 50m from Porto but not 80m from a top club.

Likes to have that air of discovery around his signings.

Wouldn't be surprised if Mia Kheilefi has a policy to not financially support the break away clubs through signings too.

feggydinho

They just bought Vitinha, and are most likely getting Renato Sanches too. Their new director Campos is a little more shrewd, not just going for the big names anymore, but actually building a proper team it seems.

I'm interested in seeing how that works, I think they'll have a worse outing this season though with their shrewd signing. Time would tell

malvolio

I'm interested in seeing how that works, I think they'll have a worse outing this season though with their shrewd signing. Time would tell

Flops at Wolves and Bayern are called shrewd signings now. PSG never learn when it comes to midfield recruiting. I guess they got Veratti by chance as they filled their squad throughout the years with poor midfielders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans