Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raketa10

I can't understand his logic. Xavi and Barca don't want him here and he doesn't want to reduce his salary. It's a lose-lose situation. If I was him I would take than MUN offer in a heartbeat. A big club in a great league with a manager that loves him. I honestly can't understand him. He will ruin his best years as a player.

mc_lovin

I can't understand his logic. Xavi and Barca don't want him here and he doesn't want to reduce his salary. It's a lose-lose situation. If I was him I would take than MUN offer in a heartbeat. A big club in a great league with a manager that loves him. I honestly can't understand him. He will ruin his best years as a player.

Would be easier if we paid him what he's (morally) owned.

And honestly I would avoid United at all costs. He's been linked to a Bayern loan recently, and that would make a ton of sense for all parties (if there's a mandatory buy clause). Hate to strengthen them though.

Catta

No way should we let Bayern get him on loan for cheap. We had to overpay massively for Lewa, if they want Frenkie, a 25mil loan fee, plus another 85mil mandatory buy option. No negotiations, take it or leave it. Since Barca paid over the odds for Lewa, it is only fair if they do the same for Frenkie.

Raketa10

Loaning him to Bayern would be the dumbest move of all time. If they want him than they either have to buy him or loan him on 1 year with a mandatory buy option for 80+ mil. Anything else would be a fucking disaster. We would have Coutinho 2.0 case. I hope we are not THAT dumb!

De Jong together with Depay is our only marketable player right now so we need to avoid any kind of loan deals for De Jong. Anyone who wants him needs to pay 80+ mil.

Last edited:

feggydinho

Loaning him to Bayern would be the dumbest move of all time. If they want him than they either have to buy him or loan him on 1 year with a mandatory buy option for 80+ mil. Anything else would be a fucking disaster. We would have Coutinho 2.0 case. I hope we are not THAT dumb!

De Jong together with Depay is our only marketable player right now so we need to avoid any kind of loan deals for De Jong. Anyone who wants him needs to pay 80+ mil.

We don't really have a choice, we've signed so many players and need to balance things. Plus his salary is massive and all clubs can see our financial situation.

Joan

We don't really have a choice, we've signed so many players and need to balance things. Plus his salary is massive and all clubs can see our financial situation.

We do have a choice. If we can't sell Frenkie, we will activate the third lever and register players. Sell a percentage in Barca Studios.

Or that's what's reported, at least.

Messi983

If the club captains did take a pay cut, then why are there reports that Barca owe Pique 50mil in deferred salary.

I think they did take a 10-20% pay cut but also referred some of their wages in future.

Swiss Ramble posted we've had 60m in deferred wages in the 2020/21 season. I think that mostly includes players who have renewed their contracts in October 2020 - FDJ, MATS, Lenglet and Pique. Possibly Busi and Alba as well.

[tw]1548917093957046273[/tw]

https://twitter.com/SwissRamble/status/1548917093957046273

According to Marca Frenkie's deferred wages in 20/21 were 11m (and further 5m last season). So if we'd add supposed 50m for Pique we'd already be at total 60m without taking other players into accounts.

Could be wrong and ofc we don't know exact numbers but would be surprised if we really owe Pique 50m in deferred wages for the past two seasons. It's more likely he's owed around the same as FDJ.

Gnidrologist

If they hate him so much and want get rid, can't they simply rescind his contract by paying him all that he's due til the end of his last year and saying goodbye? He gets all the money that would be paid according to contract, but simply gets fired.

Messi983

Why would we do that? :lol:

We would not only need to pay him out the rest of his contract but lose on a transfer fee and also have a 40m or so loss on the books with his amortisation.

Givenchy

Would be easier if we paid him what he's (morally) owned.

And honestly I would avoid United at all costs. He's been linked to a Bayern loan recently, and that would make a ton of sense for all parties (if there's a mandatory buy clause). Hate to strengthen them though.

Bayern don't want him.. they already have better players in midfield. It's United or nothing at this point, not a sniff from top clubs. If we pay the deferred wages and he still refuses to leave, we are pretty fucked. Selling more of the club off whilst keeping a player who has no place here is a blight on what has been a perfect window.

Gnidrologist

Why would we do that? :lol:

We would not only need to pay him out the rest of his contract but lose on a transfer fee and also have a 40m or so loss on the books with his amortisation.
And why would he budge? It's Barca who are assholes here and he doesn't need to go to shitty club, he doesn't want to go to.

Zidane82

And why would he budge? It's Barca who are assholes here and he doesn't need to go to shitty club, he doesn't want to go to.

He needs to be playing midfield to get selected for the Dutch squad so playing at CB from the bench is no good to him .

No way he stays . We have until September 1st to sort this mess out

Messi983

He doesn't need to go to shitty club he doesn't want to go to. What you proposed is financially worse for Barca than keeping and paying him current wages so there is no way the club would do that.

CatalinR10

I think they did take a 10-20% pay cut but also referred some of their wages in future.

Swiss Ramble posted we've had 60m in deferred wages in the 2020/21 season. I think that mostly includes players who have renewed their contracts in October 2020 - FDJ, MATS, Lenglet and Pique. Possibly Busi and Alba as well.

[tw]1548917093957046273[/tw]

https://twitter.com/SwissRamble/status/1548917093957046273

According to Marca Frenkie's deferred wages in 20/21 were 11m (and further 5m last season). So if we'd add supposed 50m for Pique we'd already be at total 60m without taking other players into accounts.

Could be wrong and ofc we don't know exact numbers but would be surprised if we really owe Pique 50m in deferred wages for the past two seasons. It's more likely he's owed around the same as FDJ.

Do we owe Pique 50 mil NET ?

Why do we owe him so much ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans