Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gnidrologist

He doesn't need to go to shitty club he doesn't want to go to. What you proposed is financially worse for Barca than keeping and paying him current wages so there is no way the club would do that.
Well, then it sucks. Xavi better prepare to be an actual coach and learn how to use him to rotate with the Corpsquets.

Loki

We seem confident that we will have forced him out before the end of August

Laporta's interview said otherwise yesterday.
I still believe barca wants to keep him for a lower salary. Pedri and Gavi are still young and can't play the whole season as starters. Kessie has different skills and has to proof himself first. So I see enough playtime for Frenkie. He will also benefit from the strong team this season. I really hope he stays. I'd rather sell a third lever with buyback option than force Frenkie out.

Horatio

You're welcome
I still believe barca wants to keep him for a lower salary. Pedri and Gavi are still young and can't play the whole season as starters. Kessie has different skills and has to profe himself first. So I see enough playtime for Frenkie. He will also benefit from the strong team this season. I really hope he stays. I'd rather sell a third lever with buyback option than force Frenkie out.

Spot on. Roberto will be found out soon enough. Possibly Pjanic as well. After that we can rotate 5 players amongst 3 spots. Gavi is still freaking young. Frenkie will get minutes. Isn't this Busquets final season as well?

feggydinho

I still believe barca wants to keep him for a lower salary. Pedri and Gavi are still young and can't play the whole season as starters. Kessie has different skills and has to proof himself first. So I see enough playtime for Frenkie. He will also benefit from the strong team this season. I really hope he stays. I'd rather sell a third lever with buyback option than force Frenkie out.

Everyone knows Laporta says one thing in interviews and does the other, so I'll take that with a grain of salt

Zidane82

Spot on. Roberto will be found out soon enough. Possibly Pjanic as well. After that we can rotate 5 players amongst 3 spots. Gavi is still freaking young. Frenkie will get minutes. Isn't this Busquets final season as well?

How will Pjanic be found out incidentally ?

serghei

I think the problem with Barca is that we put ok squad players like Roberto in high profile positions. Roberto is easily a good squad player, and that is exactly the role he was extended for on low money. I see no problem with it.

Even Pjanic is an ok player for the purpose of rotation.

The issue is we have a big squad that is not really needed unless we go deep on all fronts. Meaning March-April or so with chances for the treble.

Zidane82

I think the problem with Barca is that we put ok squad players like Roberto in high profile positions. Roberto is easily a good squad player, and that is exactly the role he was extended for on low money. I see no problem with it.

Even Pjanic is an ok player for the purpose of rotation.

The issue is we have a big squad that is not really needed unless we go deep on all fronts. Meaning March-April or so with chances for the treble.

I am very confident

Porque

We're talking about salary problems and the third choice DMC (Pjanic) and last choice CB (Umtiti) are still here.

These all have to go before Frenkie who can play better than both in their positions.

Once we cut the fat, are cap should be good for another year if Frenkie stays.

If Frenkie staying forces a sale of MaTS (same shit though, first choice GK and Xavi endorses him. Why would he accept a move if Frenkie doesn't?) And Dest though, with decent replacements, then triple win.

Joan

That's easier said than done. It's not like Alemany had to choose between Frenkie and Umtiti and went with the latter.

Porque

Im sure the club are working on all exits. Probably anticipated Frenkie to accept a Man Utd move with Ten Hag there though.

Now it's a delicate situation and it might bite us with a bad loan if we truly have cap issues without Frenkie reducing his contract.

Zidane82

Im sure the club are working on all exits. Probably anticipated Frenkie to accept a Man Utd move with Ten Hag there though.

Now it's a delicate situation and it might bite us with a bad loan if we truly have cap issues without Frenkie reducing his contract.

Thankfully we have all of August to sort this mess out

CatalinR10

Confirmed: FC Barcelona are very strongly interested in Bernardo Silva; he is the top priority now. But first, Frenkie De Jong must leave.
@FabrizioRomano

Chelsea should take revenge on us and bid 120 mil for Frenkie and offer him 20 mil NET/season.

That will teach us a lesson not to mess with them.

:coffee:

Givenchy

Confirmed: FC Barcelona are very strongly interested in Bernardo Silva; he is the top priority now. But first, Frenkie De Jong must leave.
@FabrizioRomano

Chelsea should take revenge on us and bid 120 mil for Frenkie and offer him 20 mil NET/season.

That will teach us a lesson not to mess with them.

:coffee:

Sell him to Chelsea for 80mil + Azpi, would be happy with that. Goodwill between the 2 teams after our hijackin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans