Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
He can?t stay, at least not on the wage he?s at. Sell and get a proper DM/pivot and a RB. But doesn?t look like Frenkie wants to go, but his wage is like 50% more than he should get.

JohnN

He was catastrophic in that role in my opinion, but it could be a one off thing. Certainly doesn't look like a Busi replacement.

JamDav1982

Busi is catastrophic himself and I dont think anyone wants FDJ playing in Busi role anyway.

Should be sold before trying that.

Still... better yesterday than Busi was week before and it was Pedri who took on more of the playmaking anyway and to far higher standard Busquets can.

JohnN

Well, the goal is on FDJ and some really bad luck after that, but I won't hold it against him. He just need to realize that being under so much pressure, you can "pass and go", instead of always trying to "twist, twist, twist, twist, turn, run 40m, pass back".

JamDav1982

Well, the goal is on FDJ and some really bad luck after that, but I won't hold it against him. He just need to realize that being under so much pressure, you can "pass and go", instead of always trying to "twist, twist, twist, twist, turn, run 40m, pass back".

Yeah it was a bad mistake and I thought he looked leggy/slower than normal most of the game.

He doesnt always dither on ball like that and usually makes a lot of passes during a game.

Was ok to move ball there he just fucked it up.

JohnN

I will concede that one FDJ blunder vs Busi's million brainfarts in the last seasons, should be tolerated.

Edit: Also, if dropping Busi is what enables Pedri to play from deeper and be a tempo controller, then Busi must be dropped (not the only reason, but a good one)

Birdy

Some instances of his inability to thread VERY SIMPLE vertical passes.
He runs instead with the ball when NOT necessary, hence slows down play
OR opts for the sideway-backpass which slows down play again as a result

BEFORE:
FawhhRJXoAgUJFo

AFTER:
FawhiOlXkAAcD75

BEFORE:
FawinPKXkAAH-3m

AFTER:
FawioAMXgAEjO9z

SELL...

Givenchy

He is a headless chicken. NEVER will be a good fit for a Barca DM. Vacates his position too readily and makes too many mistakes. He has only one position at Barca, and that is a libero in a back 3. Sell and get Silva, honestly

From what I've seen of him in his time here, his ability doesn't warrant his lack of tactical discipline. We have a player who can only perform in a double pivot, who abandons his post to carry the ball forward and then it kind of just fizzles out as his end product is often poor. I saw someone describe him as a player who looks busy but doesn't actually do much. Would sell him in an instant if it meant we get Bernardo.

Above is also just the tactical side, nobody can say with a straight face he is worth anything near the wages we are paying him. He needs to see sense and accept a move. If he wants CL/stability, go to Chelsea. If he wants to work under ex-manager on monstrous wages, go to United. You can't perform like he has done here and stay on those wages.

I'm done making excuses, I like the guy and he's always been professional but he just isn't good enough, period.

jamrock

Yep, he does a lot of busy work, think I said that, without doing anything.

Looks impressive, but when you look pass it, it's meh.

gregorrin10

From what I've seen of him in his time here, his ability doesn't warrant his lack of tactical discipline. We have a player who can only perform in a double pivot, who abandons his post to carry the ball forward and then it kind of just fizzles out as his end product is often poor. I saw someone describe him as a player who looks busy but doesn't actually do much. Would sell him in an instant if it meant we get Bernardo.

Above is also just the tactical side, nobody can say with a straight face he is worth anything near the wages we are paying him. He needs to see sense and accept a move. If he wants CL/stability, go to Chelsea. If he wants to work under ex-manager on monstrous wages, go to United. You can't perform like he has done here and stay on those wages.

I'm done making excuses, I like the guy and he's always been professional but he just isn't good enough, period.

Same, but after the latest comments it really does seem like City are not gonna sell Bernardo this late in the transfer window (for anything other than a crazy price <100M, which is too much, since we won't be able to get that much for De Jong), and if we don't get Bernardo, there's no point in selling FDJ now, because Bernardo is the only (realistic) target I'd be willing to sacrifice De Jong for.

He's our most marketable player in those approaching his prime years (over 23 and under 30), and we need to make sure if/when we do sell him, we get in exactly the player Xavi wants and who can elevate this team to another level. So even if Chelsea and especially Bayern (to who De Jong would actually want to go to) come in the next few days, and De Jong says I'm willing to go if you can agree a deal, before we do anything, we need to agree a fixed fee and personal terms with Bernardo, so that we don't struck out in the end and only sell, but not replace him. Cause that would pretty much ruin our season right now. Gavi is not starter material yet, and Kessie might not be either, even though that's way too early to make any conclusions about. But either way, we need numbers as well, at least 4 quality CM options are a must, even more so if Xavi plans on using the 3-2-2-3 formation again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans