Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils

He's trash.

His only saving grace is that Busi is super trash and De Jong is still a big upgrade over Busi.

Unlike the rest of the new under-performers at this club, this guy has been here for nearly 4 years now, under 4 different managers and still plays like a headless chicken.

fergus90

He had no authority on the game at all which is a common thing against teams of quality.

Think he is a decent player though against the La Liga level clubs.

JohnN

I believe he can be better than what we saw against Bayern. But the phycology of the team looked off. Having Busi and Kessie around doesn't help either.

Porque

Bad. I had no idea what his role was in this setup and it seems neither did he.

Now think about it, we gave Bayern a close and great game in Germany, only lost to bad finishing and a non penalty call.

Part of this close match is we matched their intensity, the other was because we gave them alot of problems on both wide positions with two wingers.

So now we come to this home game and sacrifice a wide player, just at the moment both Fati and Ferran are playing a little better. Infact the only time the wingers come on was in a Koeman special gung ho unbalanced attack with everyone on the field.

Now Nagelsmann is a strong coach and no doubt has improved his setup to counter what went wrong in the first game. But we took away the precise weapon that initially hurt him, and made it easier for them.

Madness.

JamDav1982

Been far and away the best midfielder since Xavi put him back in the line up and done that playing sole DM, double pivot and at CM.

Even before Xavi made him starter was coming on and improving the midfield.

Hopefully can keep it up and continues to play.

mc_lovin

He's undoubtedly our best midfielder, but I get Xavi's thought process. Gavi and Pedri are vastly superior at pressing and that's what we aimed for in the beginning.

Now we are more pragmatic again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans