Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sailor Mars

FDJ is currently far better passer of ball than Busquets and was best passer of ball on park tonight as picked up second MOTM in a row and has been Barcas best player since got starting place back.

But some folk cant hack it and decide to make it about Busi the liability being better in past.

Says it all.

Not at all...I would have played Busi ahead of FDJ at DM most of that time also. Simple.

Fuming FDJ is playing so well and putting this 'Busi unique skill set' shite to bed.

FDJ struggles to pass under pressure and often reduced to backwards passing.
He is better than Busquets overall under pressure because FDJ has legs and speed to cope despite the lackluster passing.
Watching the games, it is clear as day.

I've thoroughly dissected your arguments, which are lacking because they've been made using incorrect conclusions.
If you can't make head or tail, not my problem.

I'm done with this. But just remember, 4 managers have outright shown that your conclusions about FDJ as lone DM suck.

JamDav1982

Haha no he doesnt.

Busi struggles under pressure much more so than FDJ.

FDJ best passer of ball on park. MOTM twice in a row and Busi flounders as usual.

Simple fact.

You cant hack it. Move on.

Again...I agree with most of those managers to play Busi at lone DM ahead of FDJ given options had as FDJ was needed at CM.

Those coaches fair cleaned up when choosing Busi at DM though.... or did they all suffer CL humiliations with Busi being targetted and exposed as over powered......

You keep using decisions of likes of Setien and Koeman as markers of how succesful Busi was at sole DM.. top stuff.

Only thing 'dissected' tonight was the Osasuna defence by a world class pass by FDJ the best player on park to win game late on chief.

Last edited:

serghei

Frenkie's role is getting much better under Xavi. Now he plays much deeper, almost in some sort of double pivot with Busi.

I doubt he's going to be sold anymore.

JamDav1982

Frenkie's role is getting better under Xavi. Now he plays much deeper, doesn't look to play as box to box anymore, almost as some sort of double pivot with Busi.

He still plays box to box and before red and before the Busi horror show in first 15 mins or so was posted further up park.

Xavi fucked up massively not realising how important FDJ was sooner.

Not too late for him yet though.

Andresito

Staff member
Needs to be a bit more concentrated when passing the ball as the last man. I think it's the third time he passes it straight to the opponent in the league this season. Like not even close to a teammate.
Think we conceded the first time it happened. Then IIRC he did it last game, and now again yesterday.

Total-Football

A travesty the fact that we tried to push this guy out while preparing Lord Kessie as his replacement don't care about the money dimension. The whole vision of it was shit and not viable.

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
A travesty the fact that we tried to push this guy out while preparing Lord Kessie as his replacement don't care about the money dimension. The whole vision of it was shit and not viable.

Agreed. It's absurd to sell a young midfield talent who has been underwhelming on occasions, but has never been catastrophic or particularly harmful to the team.

To me Frenkie is reliable, versatile, hardworking, and has unique qualities which if utilized correctly are fantastic. His ability lead the charge with those tenacious runs into space are second to none.

That performance the other day plus the Beckenbauer style pass from the backline shows he's got good stuff, wherever you put him.

Again reliable, versatile, and classy too if you ask me. Not the most creative player but this is not the only thing to look for.

JamDav1982

He is most versatile player in the team.

Better DM than Busi, can play as a two at DM or box to box. Even at CM his passing is better than likes of Gavi and often better than Pedri.

Barca need to get more flexible tacitcally and keeping FDJ and adding a RB that can get forward improves that massively.

Can even keep him AND sign a DM if Busi goes and thats what Xavi wants as having FDJ as a lone DM evry game is a waste really and not his natural position to sit either.

Needs to stay but they need to take his impact off books a bit to free up cash.

Could do something like... Extend him for extra x3 years to decrease amortisation costs and ask him to give up the deferred salary part for next two years which is around 14m I believe.

In return for him doing that they give him a 50m release clause or achievable release clause so if he decides to leave can profit personally.. assuming clubs will continue to pay more for him.

With maybe the provision that if Barca pay him back the deferred salary at any point the clause is removed.

Last edited:

i_bleed_blaugrana

The minute Xavi hands the reigns over to Frenkie in midfield, the minute we will start improving.

Hold the reigns?
A player who can't make a simple vertical pass?
Who is atrocious at defending and at pressing?

No, thanks.

Should be sold as early as January and go to a team that plays to his strengths

Pipe down dude.
You and all other result merchants

Missing 9 out of 10 of your judgments cannot be erased by one good FDJ performance, especially if you are still wrong in what you write about the player.

You don't understand what kind of player he is, that's why you don't understand why he had a good game yesterday.
His strengths were utilized to the maximum and his weakness were not brought up by the tactical setting of the game

Garbage. Soft soft soft. Tries to avoid any big contact. Scared.

Mourinho: nice guys don't win

Sell this guy while you can because he ain't going to win shit.

He's trash.

Soft as butter.

Can't remember big game where he played good.

Haters called me crazy back when I said hand him the reigns, they didnt wanna believe in what your mans was saying from the jump but?

5BDE5E5E-A1E9-422C-85F2-585E8D6D6EA9.jpg

jamrock

Hooray after 1.5 years he's finally playing well enough to bench 1 of our 2 teenagers or a old slow 34 year old.

Good for him.

Still a waste of 85m Euros, but at least he's no longer getting son'ed by two kids, it was embarrassing for a grown as 25 year old.

That pass to raphinha was clutch, best thing he's done in 4 years at the club, let's hope it continues.

JamDav1982

Best midfielder at club since arrived across the board and is best this season again.

Xavi most likely cost Barca the EL and CL last 16 when didnt start him. Huge mistake as many said it was.

Barca would get a lot money for him.. probably more than paid and top clubs would be in for him for a reason.

Need to work on a way to reduce his costs on the books for next season and make him pivotal to the side.

Extend by 3 years and ask him to give up deferred salary in exchange for a release clause of 50/60m... which Barca can then remove if pay him his deferred salary back. Job done.

Last edited:

ajnotkeith

Hooray after 1.5 years he's finally playing well enough to bench 1 of our 2 teenagers or a old slow 34 year old.

Good for him.

Still a waste of 85m Euros, but at least he's no longer getting son'ed by two kids, it was embarrassing for a grown as 25 year old.

That pass to raphinha was clutch, best thing he's done in 4 years at the club, let's hope it continues.

Easily been better than those two under Xavi so don't know about getting 'son'ed'.

JamDav1982

Easily been better than those two under Xavi so don't know about getting 'son'ed'.

Usual nonsense from usual folk who even think Kessie is a better player than FDJ.

FDJ was not behind Gavi/Pedri for last year and a half anyway. He was a starter bar some games towards end of last season and start of this.

When Barca were at their best last season under Xavi FDJ was class and despite this idea he is limited on ball he was probably involved in more goals than anyone else.

This season he has been Barcas best player since got back in.

The only ones who should be embarrased are the ones that thought Barca midfield without him in it was better off.

Last edited:

ajnotkeith

Usual nonsense from usual folk who even think Kessie is a better player than FDJ.

FDJ was not behind Gavi/Pedri for last year and a half anyway. He was a starter bar some games towards end of last season and start of this.

When Barca were at their best last season under Xavi FDJ was class and despite this idea he is limited on ball he was probably involved in more goals than anyone else.

This season he has been Barcas best player since got back in.

The only ones who should be embarrased are the ones that thought Barca midfield without him in it was better off.

Indeed in most of the best performances under Xavi FDJ was starting and had a starring role...

Vs Napoli 4-2

Vs Madrid 4-0

Vs Bilbao & Villarreal this season 4-0 + 3-0

Whilst most of the worst happened whilst he was on the bench, incidentally, and both Europa and CL knockouts Xavi put him on the bench whilst Pedri and Gavi started.

I guess they are 'sonning' him though...

Gari

Louis van Gaal: "Busquets will now leave Barcelona, and Frenkie de Jong will finally get his position. He plays best as a pivot. Whenever Frenkie plays there, he's the best player on the pitch."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans