Frenkie de Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdy

Louis van Gaal: "Busquets will now leave Barcelona, and Frenkie de Jong will finally get his position. He plays best as a pivot. Whenever Frenkie plays there, he's the best player on the pitch."

He forgot to say that he plays best in a double pivot

Horatio

You're welcome
Louis van Gaal: "Busquets will now leave Barcelona, and Frenkie de Jong will finally get his position. He plays best as a pivot. Whenever Frenkie plays there, he's the best player on the pitch."

Define "now" Louis? Could turn out to be "now in 3 years".

impeh

Hi, its me..
some frenkie quotes translated from reddit,

I am very happy in Barcelona. When I play it?s great and in terms of living here life is perfect. I see myself at Barcelona for as long as possible. I personally hope for another 8 or 10 years.

I blame these people [those at Barca who wanted him out], but I have nothing to do with them. Yes, they are Barca for me because they lead the club. But I dont see them when Im at the club. I have nothing to do with them in my daily life.

One day a paper published details from my contract. I didnt leak it and only one other party knew about this, so it had to be the club who did this.

Suddenly there was a letter in which the question was asked whether my contract was still valid, because the previous president made the contract. I found it very annoying that the club did this, but I had no further influence on things.

I never got the feeling that Xavi was against me. To the media he said that he was happy with me but that theres also the financial part of the club. I think it was difficult for him to speak about this. He is not the one making these decisions.

He left the possibility of my departure open as he never came out and said: Frenkie is staying no matter the financial situation, but I really dont put the blame on Xavi.

Whats more realistic between winning La Liga or the World Cup? Both.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Enric Masip: "I can say with all my knowledge that the person within the club that defended Frenkie de Jong's continuity from the very start was Joan Laporta. He never thought about selling the player, even with the club's delicate situation."

At some point the club needs to just stop spouting shite at any given moment depending on what they think fans want to hear.

FDJ comes back in team as critical player and its all about how they never wanted to sell him.

Politicians speaking to the crowd as ever.

xXKonan

Who else was leaking shit to the Catalan Media all summer trying to paint FDJ as the bad guy the office Janitor?

No one should believe a damn word that comes out of Laporta and the rest of the Board's mouth when it comes to FDJ. They tried to sell him to United early on, but failed as FDJ wasn't interested then they were leaking out bullshit "Ultimatums" that failed over and over again and contract leaks trying to make FDJ look like the bad guy and the bullshit "The board found illegal irregularities in his contract renewal and were wanting to take it to court" as a threat and even that failed.

FDJ always had the stronger position in negotiations and Laporta and the board was flailing after their initial efforts failed at trying to get FDJ to leave. Now that he's a critical player like Jam said above they never wanted to sell him.

fergus90

So they leaked his supposed contact details and wage deferrals all summer, disrespected beyond belief but Laporta wanted to keep him :lol:

vuji_31

His passing on longer range is random.

Few times he didn't even see his teammate, few times he missed for a mile then got a nice assist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans