Gareth Bale

ceefoo

Seems like that headbutt caused some brain damage.
zidane27.gif

In other news:
Some 75% of the total revenue from media rights and commercial contracts concluded by UEFA, up to a maximum of €530m, will go to the clubs, while the remaining 25% will be reserved for European football and remain with UEFA to cover organisational and administrative costs and solidarity payments to associations, clubs and leagues.
And bunga bunga parties with Sepp and friends. :spank:
The net amount available to the participating clubs will be split – €500.7m in fixed payments and €409.6m in variable amounts (market pool). This will be distributed according to the proportional value of each television market represented by the clubs taking part in the UEFA Champions League (group stage onwards), and will be split among those sides competing from a given association.

The 32 clubs featuring in the 2012/13 UEFA Champions League group stage can anticipate a minimum €8.6m – and the team that goes on to win the trophy next spring could collect €37.4m, not counting the market pool share.

Each of the 32 sides involved in the group stage will collect a base fee of €8.6m. Performance bonuses will also see €1m paid for a win and €500,000 for a draw in the group phase.

The teams competing in the round of 16 can also expect to pick up €3.5m each, the quarter-finalists €3.9m and the semi-finalists €4.9m. The UEFA Champions League winners will receive €10.5m and the runners-up €6.5m.
source: UEFA.com

ceefoo

Zidane must have been high as fu*k, when he said that. Or he's just stupid. More likely the latter.
How else can RMA justify paying 100m?

That valuation is based on last seasons performance. NO WAY would they pay 100m, had he not done what he did last season. :burp:

DennyCrane

Ok, so because Italy only had two representatives they got a massive share? Whereas with Spain having four they each got a lot less. On the one hand it means Juve and Milan can better compete in the Champions League which is good for a diverse competition, which in turn might eventually earn Italy an extra Champions League spot. On the other hand, it makes it harder in the meantime for other clubs in Italy to compete for the league title. If Juventus are easily getting 50M every year then that gives them 250M over five years.

Exactly. Although when Milan and Juve perform better in the CL and Italy earns an additional spot for the CL again, those two clubs are financially punished as they have to split the pool with additional teams from their domestic league. That's the thing for me, there's no real correlation between better performance=better income, and even if there were it's completely distorted.

Add in stadium income and I could see it being a reasonable earner. It's funny though that Chelsea earned 10M from the competition. More than they would have got from getting to the Champions League quarter finals.

I agree, but below the line the teams in there are basically fighting over breadcrumbs compared to the CL. And it's an additional effort to play the EL, so without the necessary squad depth, realistically the results in the domestic league are going to suffer from playing an additional competition. In it's current state the EL is little more than an albatross around the clubs' neck.

I wonder what this all boils down to in the future, European Super League ?

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Zidane has said he thinks gerrard is the best in the world and that ribery is better than messi. who cares what the bald idiot says.

So in the head of Zidane, the ranking goes like this?

1. Gerrard
2. Ribery
3. Messi/Ronaldo/Bale (three-way tie)

:lol:

S7_MUFC

Exactly. Although when Milan and Juve perform better in the CL and Italy earns an additional spot for the CL again, those two clubs are financially punished as they have to split the pool with additional teams from their domestic league. That's the thing for me, there's no real correlation between better performance=better income, and even if there were it's completely distorted.
I think the assumption here is more teams participating in the competition will mean higher the amount paid by the broadcaster in that country although I don't think broadcasters are too concerned about the number of teams from their country.....

DennyCrane

I think the assumption here is more teams participating in the competition will mean higher the amount paid by the broadcaster in that country although I don't think broadcasters are too concerned about the number of teams from their country.....

Yeah, that's pretty much the question whether the formation of prices really works the way the UEFA intended it with the current distribution key. And to be honest, I doubt it. It really is more about marketability of the whole event in the countries in question and the spending capacity of consumers there (or the result of bidding wars). And that's part of my point really, because the clubs' have little to no influence on this.

Chainsaw

Killahead
The worst thing about Real paying this much (as rumored) is that these assholes are gonna fuck up the market with this deal. In no fucking way Bale worth anything near that amount, I doubt even half that amount. Imagine what would the other clubs think of valuing their star players once someone like Bale is sold for that much!

Bale the most expensive player in history?!! Fucking bullshit!! :facepalm:

El Gato

Villarato!
For making a joke? If I look at all the infraction's you've got none were for making a joke so..

Why so bitter :VdB: ?

Does that mean I can still call Xavi cunt? Great :)

PS: Does anyone actually believe Bale will come for more than 90mln? Really?

Beast

The Observer
Madrid have the backing of the Spanish government and are corrupt beyond believe. They make deals to get some of their debts forgiven; They receive loans on extremely favorable terms; They cook books to hide real earnings and expenditures.

I mean the main example is there this season. They are about to spend 200M in one season counting Bale, Illara, Isco and Ancelotti. That's crazy.

They also claim they got 12M and 11M respectively for Albiol and Callejon. That's a lie. No one in their right mind is paying 12M for Raul Albiol. NO ONE.

OH man... how this post didn't go to the gold thread ? ...

Can you post your views on the illuminati and Dan Brown ?

Beast

The Observer
:lol:

Hey but the dude got a point...
The part were debts got wiped out , or Albiol & Callejon deals never occurred with those amounts despite Napoli confirmation ?

Let him talk first about Dan Brown and the illuminati ... get your :popcom::popcom: and enjoy the ride

Hamzah

High Definition Member
The illuminati is real by the way. Maybe not the way it's popularly portrayed but there's too many dodgy events in recent history to rule it out.

Home of Barca Fans