Gerard Deulofeu

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I have watched a lot of barca B games. And this is not the first game I have seen from him in this tournament. I think he has talent, but not enough talent to start for Barca at this moment. There aren't many players in the world talented enough to start for such a team as barca at such young age. Messi was an exception but Deulofeu is no Messi. He's not even Spains under 20 best player.

Whoever said he should start right now? He'll be rigorously conditioned if he's loaned to a liga team and be forced to improve greatly against better defenses. Within a season he won't even slightly resemble the same frustrating player.

Whoever said he should start right now? He'll be rigorously conditioned if he's loaned to a liga team and be forced to improve greatly against better defenses. Within a season he won't even slightly resemble the same frustrating player.

I said he shouldn't start right now and maybe for a couple more seasons. ( i think that he shouldn't start right now most people agree on, but that he shouldn't start for a couple seasons is my opinion). i just don't see him ready now or even for a couple seasons. he needs to improve alot. But he's deff a player to watch for the future, no doubt about that. He will probably rival Jesse, who will play for madrid, as the best Spaniard attacking player from the 2 top teams in Spain.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
He has matches like these from time to time but he has looked much better than this the majority of the season...He also had a few moments of brilliance that weren't finished well enough...He clearly has to work harder on his overall game, of course...Nothing has changed my mind that he's not ready for Barcelona's 1st team yet...Certainly not as a regular rotation guy...Right now he's still CDR fodder and that's still not a guarantee

Gaudi

Actually this guy look extremely talented to me..you just see that from the way he stops the ball, move...everything. He obviously needs to grow, but pure talent wise - must be top player

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Barcelona winger Gerard Deulofeu (19) will make a choice between the loan offers he has received from Tottenham and Everton. [md]

There is absolutely nothing he could get from playing for physical teams in the PL. If he wants to stay at Barcelona, la liga is his best option.

spark

Barcelona winger Gerard Deulofeu (19) will make a choice between the loan offers he has received from Tottenham and Everton. [md]

There is absolutely nothing he could get from playing for physical teams in the PL. If he wants to stay at Barcelona, la liga is his best option.

Not to mention playing time wont be guaranteed.Particularly at Tottenham. Martinez being at at Everton now might be different but this is all odd.

if he can get playing time it would be perfect for him to improve as a player and to build his physique. I just don't know if he's good enough to start in the premier league tbh. But hopefully he gets time w.e he goes. His safest bet would be to stay in spain but the EPL would be really nice if he can actually play.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
If he HAD to go to a PL team I'd suggest Swansea, but Everton and Tottenham don't play Barcelona style football which is something he needs to learn. Not saying that all Liga teams play tiki taka, but they at least focus more on technical skills and passing buildup play so he'll be better taught in that respect if he were to go to Sevilla, Betis, etc.

Zuess99

If he HAD to go to a PL team I'd suggest Swansea, but Everton and Tottenham don't play Barcelona style football which is something he needs to learn. Not saying that all Liga teams play tiki taka, but they at least focus more on technical skills and passing buildup play so he'll be better taught in that respect if he were to go to Sevilla, Betis, etc.

I doubt he will ever be able to learn . He is more of a direct player, like tello . Tello hasn't learnt shit from time he has played with the first team .

BigBarcaBoy

I doubt he will ever be able to learn . He is more of a direct player, like tello . Tello hasn't learnt shit from time he has played with the first team .
How can you say that he'll never learn, Tello has learnt a fair bit but is not the finished article yet, the lack of patience is really incredible

ShandyFFM

Deulofeu still is so young 19 i think. He has an incredible talent yet he doesnt know how to use it right as a professional footballer. He often disappears during the games or plays like a child who whants to beat the whole team on his own. He loses the ball way to much but when he is in the right mood his pace and his ability to score are incredible. Biggest problem is that he needs to learn to work more for the team and to be more consistant in his form. That the main reason why he gets subbed off so many times.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo

That's the difference between Tello and Deulofeu. Deulofeu DOES learn. Tello has been sticking with the exact same one trick pony style for as long as I remember. Deulofeu still has a large element of it but he's been evolving as a player. He started being able to dribble several defenders, weaving in and out of them. He became more unpredictable and accurate with his shooting. His passing and linkup has improved greatly as well this season. He still has those flaws and is still naturally direct but he's definitely capable of becoming very well rounded and a better technical, tiki taka footballer.

Home of Barca Fans