Gerard Deulofeu

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Are Everton a very physical and English styled team? And is Martinez a manager who supports that style? If so then Deulo might not be developing in the ways that we want him to for Barca.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Martinez managed Wigan last season, who had a very nice passing style that they beat (for one) City in the FA Cup Final.

spark

Are Everton a very physical and English styled team? And is Martinez a manager who supports that style? If so then Deulo might not be developing in the ways that we want him to for Barca.

Martinez likes good football and playing the 'right way'.

jamrock

if its true at least martinez plays something close to what is played it Spain, think a Seville would have been a better fit, he will either be great or. poor no middle ground

archimidis

Overall poor performance in terms of finalizing attacks, but he was involved.

His performance at the tournament was overall disappointing. Not really a team-player when he played with the national team. Oliver was the most exciting player in all games in Turkey in general! What an exciting prospect for Atletico!

Ronnie10

He was meant to be MVP of the tournament, just didn't meet the expectations, did he?

I wouldn't blame him alone. Whole Spain U20 was bunch of individual players, no combinations, no team pressing. I was surprised when Spain U20 got outplayed by USA, then they couldnt dominate every single team they faced. Midfield of Oliver, Suso, Bernat were playing English kick and rush, instead of tiki-taka, that's why practically every single opposition attack turned into dangerous moments. Faced with the tough opponent all their attack was pass the ball to either Deulofeu or Jese, who would dribble and shoot.

vongocduc89

I wouldn't blame him alone. Whole Spain U20 was bunch of individual players, no combinations, no team pressing. I was surprised when Spain U20 got outplayed by USA, then they couldnt dominate every single team they faced. Midfield of Oliver, Suso, Bernat were playing English kick and rush, instead of tiki-taka, that's why practically every single opposition attack turned into dangerous moments. Faced with the tough opponent all their attack was pass the ball to either Deulofeu or Jese, who would dribble and shoot.
So who you thinks was better overall? Deulo or Jese?

Zuess99

Neither I'm sorry for that answer but neither. They just so frustrating . especially Mr D cause he is ours.
He tries the same feint to get past defenders which never works ,my question to him is , why the fuck do you still keep trying it if its costing the team.
This is really just another Tello with more style.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I think too much blame is going on Oliver and Suso, who actually dominated the games very well and showed great technical ability. It's just the lack of linking up well with the forwards that made them seem less impressive. I actually found them to be a slightly better pairing than Isco-Thiago due to versatility and a wider array of technical skill. Jese is by far better than Deulofeu currently but that's because he's much more polished, Deulofeu has much to learn and a lot of room to improve, so the hope is still high for him.

Home of Barca Fans