Gerard Deulofeu

F

Flavia

Anyone else see these reports of argument with Martinez?

Thats not great if true.

Having said that the clause Barca out in to waive transfer fee if he plays in more than 50% of games is smart.
Which reports? What happened?

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Everton has tried to downplay the controversy saying it was miscommunication but rumours it had to do, again, with his lack of tracking back...Good on Martinez, the boy needs someone to stay on him

Galning

Everton has tried to downplay the controversy saying it was miscommunication but rumours it had to do, again, with his lack of tracking back...Good on Martinez, the boy needs someone to stay on him

I agree. This is actually good if it's true. He needs to learn to work for a team. He's so used to being the star everywhere he goes.

Neal Faradinho

Will be a future star but not sure why he has gone to Everton.
They have a catalan manager who has promised him playing time in one of the best leagues in the world, that's why he has gone to Everton, although i would have liked seeing him at dortmund playing alongside Reus.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Only player I know who's crosses are possibly even worse than Alves :lol:

He looked like he had some moments but he's still getting used to being marked by better defenders. He'll either float or sink this season, but if he does start figuring out and improving then he'll add much more variety to his game rather than dribble-->shoot or dribble-->fail cross

Jadentheman

Once upon a time people on here were saying not to buy Neymar because we have Deulofeu. Looks like our boy has quite a bit to go. Though it was good he is on loan to Everton. He will learn a lot in a year and might even stay for another season if he feels he isn't ready yet.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Once upon a time people on here were saying not to buy Neymar because we have Deulofeu.

They were also saying to sell Sanchez and Pedro because we had him :pep:

I think he's not used to playing against defenders of Valencia's quality, or to the fact that he can't beat them on pace, and so got slapped around in every 1 vs. 1 possible, but he showed good vision and potential and I'm glad he's wasting opportunities crossing as opposed to wasting them shooting. It's good to see him not so selfish anymore.

USWAY

If there's one thing about this kid, it's that he has the drive to be the best. He always seems to figure out how to play against that next level of competition; always gets better. It won't come immediately, but I'd bet by spring he's going to start putting in some impressive performances in the EPL.

Martinez seems to genuinely want to make him a better, more complete player, so I hope he doesn't let him down. He won't even be 20 til March, so maybe it turns into a two year loan if our current forwards continue to play well throughout the season.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Only player I know who's crosses are possibly even worse than Alves :lol:

He looked like he had some moments but he's still getting used to being marked by better defenders. He'll either float or sink this season, but if he does start figuring out and improving then he'll add much more variety to his game rather than dribble-->shoot or dribble-->fail cross

Yeah, I can't say he's ever been known for his crosses though, he's a more direct player from that wing...Ursegor is right, Mathieu demonstrated very well how to negate Gerard's strengths and at this level there are any number of physical & quick fullbacks to do that

Deulo has to improve aspects to his game that involve using his teammates better which will be needed with Barcelona's 1st team...Didn't like how he gave up on that one run against Mathieu, that reminded me of the old Deulofeu

Alik

Once upon a time people on here were saying not to buy Neymar because we have Deulofeu. Looks like our boy has quite a bit to go. Though it was good he is on loan to Everton. He will learn a lot in a year and might even stay for another season if he feels he isn't ready yet.

Lol, I remember you saying your ideal front 3 are Neymar Messi Deulofeu.

Home of Barca Fans