Gerard Deulofeu

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
He's incredibly average tho. If he was as good as he was hyped to be we'd have a classic case of big fish in a small pond with an assist here and there or a goal.
rystal Palace who kept their first clean sheet of the season was too much for him to handle.

The classic case of big fish in a small pond would be when an overrated but established player was playing for a stupid team who think the said overrated player is the best and do whatever they can to play to his strengths and get the best out of him... deulofeu might probably be overrated but he isn't established, Everton isn't really a stupid team and none of that team would think he is their best! So it's far from a big fish in small pond situation

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Goal here an an assist there? Average? Based on erm... lets see.... some matches in EPL where he has mostly played in the last 20 or so minutes?

Deulo is a talent, not an established player and the sooner people realize that, the better it would be. He is 18 years of age and he is developing. Expecting him to fire up the EPL after just months after arriving there is expecting way too much of him.

People who overrate him to be the next Messi or so and people who write him off need to understand that. Luckily both of these groups are in minority.

He's 19... He has some qualities but he is Also limited

barcanuck

Should of gone to Valencia or Sevilla or some top half of the table club, Everton and England in general doesn't develop young players at all anymore.

spark

Still waiting on the replay of the superb skill he did to win the penalty. The replay producers thought what was best was to show Morata scoring the penalty repeatedly :banghead:

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Entertaining match, a lot of good performances all over with the team...Morata, in particular, continues to surprise me - I honestly underrated him from when I first saw him a good 3 years ago...A terrific talent for the capital club...It was a tight match early but as soon as La Roja got a couple of goals, you could see Bosnia start to buckle and Spain really go for the kill...Some great action, a recommended DL if you find it, IMHO

Deulofeu was great although he could've done better, his assists were entirely individual effort but there were a couple of scoring chances he probably should've done better with...Great team effort and once again, Lopetegui looks a bright prospect as manager for the NT

Yugi

where are the guys saying he is just raw and nothing really good? that was just exclusive performance

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
It's funny, even at this level, defenders give Deulofeu a lot of respect and do not crowd him without ample cover...He had 2 or 3 rapid bursts from a single toe touch along the goal line that left his defenders for dead and ended up in assists (all from the right side)

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
I don't think he's not developing at Everton. I remember him being a one trick pony player, but the Bosnia video convinced me he has learned much more. He can try more tricks now, and the decisions became better.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Still, would have loved to see him at a La Liga club. Valencia, Sevilla, Villareal... If you really want him to become a future starter I think it's better to have him develop in Spain.

Icarium

Lifestealer
People should give him some more time before regretting, it may turn out to be better than any spanish team. It is hard for any 19 year old in adjusting to EPL. It is so demanding and he needs to be more physical and he is reaching that level. I bet he will soon start matches for everton hopefully by january.

He only pushed for this barca did not decide it, everton is a great and club competing for starting spot will only increase his level. We just have to wait some more time to judge him may be until feb. Replacing mirallas is hard but if given time he can replace him or play more centrally. He started 1 match for everton in capital cup and he scored rest all matches he came on as substitute nearly 80 or 90'. Martinez saying he is ready to start matches it will be a great moment of gerard if he starts against Liverpool which is not impossible but very hard. I am praying for him to start the match against liverpool (at least 60' substitute).

P.S Absolutely magnificent game against bosnia the other day, he was literally wreaking havoc on the right wing bosnia had no clue how to stop him. He will be remembered long if he do that in england (some day he might but not yet).

Home of Barca Fans