Gerard Deulofeu

F

Flavia

<s>@</s>barcastuff <small class="time"> 33 min
</small> Deulofeu: "I want to keep on growing as a player. It's complicated because Barça has great players, but returning would be a dream." [cope]

Deulofeu (on loan at Everton): "I love Neymar. He's one of those players for whom you buy a ticket to go and watch him." [cope]

Butaan4barca

<s>@</s>barcastuff <small class="time"> 33 min
</small> Deulofeu: "I want to keep on growing as a player. It's complicated because Barça has great players, but returning would be a dream." [cope]

Deulofeu (on loan at Everton): "I love Neymar. He's one of those players for whom you buy a ticket to go and watch him." [cope]

we get a hint of what i thought of this loan. Martinez is pretty smart. All those special attention, 10 no shirt and all. And he is already speaking about great players in barca= not guaranteed starting spot.

His return would really be complicated. The best of him and everybody is he plays atleast 25 matches this season. And extends his loan.

Theconomist

He simply is not good enough it seems. Him being young has nothing to do with it look at Lukaku, Wilshere, Janujaz... if he was good enough he would impose himself. Mirallas is ahead of him...

Galning

He is a loaned player and simply not needed like Lukaku is. Everton have no decent striker besides him while they can easily play without Deulofeu. He is good enough to play for Everton, he's not worse than Mirallas, but he's not way above the rest which is what he needs to be if he wants to play as a loaned player.

At least, that's what I think.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Mirallas has played well on the left and Deulofeu on both the left & right....He's definitely good enough for Everton but I get the impression Martinez has some plan for him that is predicated on extending that loan deal another season - might explain the spotty use of him...Think of it this way, if he were to play more and do well, what would be the incentive for Barcelona to leave him there at a club that is not competing in Europe...They could move him to a CL caliber club if he wasn't ready for Barcelona

Micah

Mirallas has played well on the left and Deulofeu on both the left & right....He's definitely good enough for Everton but I get the impression Martinez has some plan for him that is predicated on extending that loan deal another season - might explain the spotty use of him...Think of it this way, if he were to play more and do well, what would be the incentive for Barcelona to leave him there at a club that is not competing in Europe...They could move him to a CL caliber club if he wasn't ready for Barcelona

I would definitely disagree with you on that mate, no shady tactics here, He's just not good enough..simple as that. I never rated him as high as most of the chaps in here used to.
He's talented no doubt, but he has a lot of flaws in his game and poor attitude.

Everton are playing some real good footy this season and only 4 points off the top. And right they seem to have better options than Deulofeu at their disposal.
But I really hope he doesn't get wasted on the bench and he works hard to get into the team. And that's definitely not as easy as some of y'll think.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
You can disagree all you like...Everytime he's played and I mean everytime, he was one of the 2 best players on the pitch - regardless of which team...Martinez has some odd plan for the kid but I think it's going to backfire due to how little he's already playing...Suppose it depends on the terms of the loan but gotta believe Barcelona can pull the plug after 1 season rather than the Catalan thinking he can extend it

jamrock

he is certainly good enough, every time he has played he has looked good, but i guess he doesn't work hard enough for the epl

its his own fault, because i am sure he sees himself in the mold of a ronaldo and bale and thought they developed in the prem let mi try that too, when he should have gone to a team like, Celta,Betis,Villarreal,Sevilla

khaled_a_d

That will be the worst plan ,b/c if he isn't playing him enough ,neither Barca or Gerard will be ready to extend the loan and will will loan him to a mid-table Liga team where he can play regularly ,actually if he has done well he might want to stay to develop his game

I would definitely disagree with you on that mate, no shady tactics here, He's just not good enough..simple as that. I never rated him as high as most of the chaps in here used to.
He's talented no doubt, but he has a lot of flaws in his game and poor attitude.

Everton are playing some real good footy this season and only 4 points off the top. And right they seem to have better options than Deulofeu at their disposal.
But I really hope he doesn't get wasted on the bench and he works hard to get into the team. And that's definitely not as easy as some of y'll think.

Well ,that kid was wanted by many good teams ,if he wasn't good enough for Everton now,why they made an offer for him? right now this situation is driving me crazy tbh
Worst thing for the kid is to spend the year on the bench

Irish_Cules

He has played most of the second half against Spurs today. He nearly scored a great goal. He squeezed through a couple of players at the edge of the box but Lloris came out and saved his chip. He seems to be doing his share of defensive work as well.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
He has played most of the second half against Spurs today. He nearly scored a great goal. He squeezed through a couple of players at the edge of the box but Lloris came out and saved his chip. He seems to be doing his share of defensive work as well.
and every body was worried Deulofeu might have made a mistake going to Everton... Believe in Martinez!

Galning

He was better in 30 minutes than Mirallas in 60. Nearly had an assist as well but Distin couldn't finish.
That dribble was nice as well :)

Antimadridista1

Shit ... I forgot this match. Do you guys think that he should stay a second year at Everton (or go to another club where he'll have minutes) or get back home ?
IMO, I don't see him starting in our eleven, unless we sell Pedro or Tello next summer. Concerning Everton, I think that this is a perfect club for him even if he's not getting a lot of minutes.

Home of Barca Fans