Gerard Deulofeu

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Did you not claim that loaning players out like this was against the Barcelona philosophy!

Wum away but get your facts straight, I was for the loan...However, the club only loans now because the B team is garbage for development under Eusebio and are getting little in the way of integration with the 1st team...until Tata recently

Loan would be a great idea, IMO...Assuming Neymar is coming, throw in Tello & Pedro and Deulofeu would not see too much in the way of playing time

Unless he really explodes in preseason, I really see a loan as the best option for him...Valencia or Racing?

Barcelona would want to loan Barcelona B winger Gerard Deulofeu (19) to a German, English or Italian team that takes part in the CL. [rac1]

It's the right thing for him, IMO

There's a reason why I have you on ignore, I only have to read your illogical postings when they are quoted by others

Should he stay another year, or come back next season? That is the question.

Yeah, that is the question, I agree...I still think the things he needs to work on are issues that are unresolved yet and he will not have the same latitude for selfishness with the ball at Barcelona that he has at Everton...With the Toffees, he's far & away, for me, the most lethal goal threat they have...At Barcelona, get in line

Still, his confidence in the Premiership is impressive to witness and a reminder that often times the aspect of our attack that suffers the most is impotence in front of goal...That's not an issue for Gerard...I think he has to come back for the summer preseason although I'm unsure how that will look in a WC offseason to see what sort of integration he would have with the first team...While before I thought 2 years was probably just about right, now I think you have to consider the player's ascendency and the risk of having him get too settled in England...Would mean then that Tello would probably be sold if not Pedro as well

We saw against Valencia that Mathieu gave him fits and that's the sort of defending he'd have to contend with in the Primera so no, just because he looks set to tear it up in the Premiership, it doesn't translate to success in La Liga with Barcelona

At Barca B he'd switch up to the left side on occasion, which helped him get more involved. It's quite obvious that he is being taught for the right side, but I feel like if he and Neymar were to share both wings and switch aroudn we'd have more dimensions and be less predictable. Roaming roles is the way to go with 3 dynamic attackers.

Yeah, I think he can play anywhere in that attacking third and the more variability that say Leo, Neymar & Deulo could create the tougher it would be to mark all of them out of a match...Still would need a #9 though, IMO

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Wum away but get your facts straight, I was for the loan...However, the club only loans now because the B team is garbage for development under Eusebio and are getting little in the way of integration with the 1st team...until Tata recently

There's a reason why I have you on ignore, I only have to read your illogical postings when they are quoted by others

Yeah, that is the question, I agree...I still think the things he needs to work on are issues that are unresolved yet and he will not have the same latitude for selfishness with the ball at Barcelona that he has at Everton...With the Toffees, he's far & away, for me, the most lethal goal threat they have...At Barcelona, get in line

Still, his confidence in the Premiership is impressive to witness and a reminder that often times the aspect of our attack that suffers the most is impotence in front of goal...That's not an issue for Gerard...I think he has to come back for the summer preseason although I'm unsure how that will look in a WC offseason to see what sort of integration he would have with the first team...While before I thought 2 years was probably just about right, now I think you have to consider the player's ascendency and the risk of having him get too settled in England...Would mean then that Tello would probably be sold if not Pedro as well

We saw against Valencia that Mathieu gave him fits and that's the sort of defending he'd have to contend with in the Primera so no, just because he looks set to tear it up in the Premiership, it doesn't translate to success in La Liga with Barcelona

Yeah, I think he can play anywhere in that attacking third and the more variability that say Leo, Neymar & Deulo could create the tougher it would be to mark all of them out of a match...Still would need a #9 though, IMO

You claimed recently that loaning out the players was against Barcelona philosophy!

For what its worth Deulofeu did improve massively last season and had out grown b team level but not yet good enough for the first team.

Plenty of players have/are showing improvement in the b team in recent years. This is just more of your lies to form your anti Rosell agenda. Which I have managed to shoot down time and again.

B

beautifulgame

I always wanted Messi to speak English to understand him. Thankfully with our next superstar this won't be the case. I say send more players on loan to England just so that they speak English

lol why? Messi hardly speaks and when he does its usually pretty boring..

Home of Barca Fans