Gerard Deulofeu

JamDav1982

He is in the right place to learn and improve as a player and get plenty of first team experience.

This season he was not ready to take a squad place away from Tello.

It is easy to say the likes of Messi, Xavi, Iniesta and Thiago were given chances before now but they were ready and made an improvement to the first team squad.

His potential is massive but he is not ready to be a first team player at Barca and too good for the b team.

The Observer

You guys are talking like the Premier League is some obscure 3th rate league where Deulofeu will unlearn the basics of playing football. By that token we shouldn't sign any players. Neymar comes from a completely different continent (actually he does come from an obscure 3th rate league :lol:) and didn't grow up in Barcelona's youth ranks for 10 years like Deulofeu and it took him 2 games to adapt. :lol:

The Cesc example is also wrong. You think playing under Wenger and alongside Henry, Pires, Viera, Bergkamp, Ljungberg and starting in a CL final with only 19 did him any harm and he would have technically and tactically become a better player if he stayed in the 4th division or wherever Barca B were back in 2004? Culés just can't deal with it that Fabregas was never going to be a Xavi type of player. He was the top scorer in the U17 WC in 2003. :lol: He was always going to become this type of player who likes to join the attack, score and create instead of orchestrate.

F

Flavia

You guys are talking like the Premier League is some obscure 3th rate league where Deulofeu will unlearn the basics of playing football. By that token we shouldn't sign any players. Neymar comes from a completely different continent (actually he does come from an obscure 3th rate league :lol:) and didn't grow up in Barcelona's youth ranks for 10 years like Deulofeu and it took him 2 games to adapt. :lol:

The Cesc example is also wrong. You think playing under Wenger and alongside Henry, Pires, Viera, Bergkamp, Ljungberg and starting in a CL final with only 19 did him any harm and he would have technically and tactically become a better player if he stayed in the 4th division or wherever Barca B were back in 2004? Culés just can't deal with it that Fabregas was never going to be a Xavi type of player. He was the top scorer in the U17 WC in 2003. :lol: He was always going to become this type of player who likes to join the attack, score and create instead of orchestrate.

No, you didn't understand the point. The PL style of playing is very different, so Cesc had a hard time adapting back. I didn't say anyone saying it's better or worse than Barça's, but it is completely different. Neymar's style of playing was always similar to Barça's, that why he fitted right in.

The Observer

No, you didn't understand the point. The PL style of playing is very different, so Cesc had a hard time adapting back. I didn't say anyone saying it's better or worse than Barça's, but it is completely different. Neymar's style of playing was always similar to Barça's, that why he fitted right in.

What is "the Premier League style"? Arsenal certainly never played "the Premier League style". And why are you comparing "the Premier League style" with "Neymar's style"? In Cesc's case you are comparing his environment. In Neymar's case his "own style", regardless of his environment. So basically you are saying the environment isn't important.

Cesc having a hard time to adapt isn't the narrative I remember when he first came here. Quite the opposite. He was scoring and assisting for fun right from the start and everyone was amazed how he fitted in.

JamDav1982

Cesc played well from the start and only really started to struggle a bit when he was trying to be more like Xavi.

Last season and this when he has more freedom he is easily good enough.

F

Flavia

What is "the Premier League style"? Arsenal certainly never played "the Premier League style". And why are you comparing "the Premier League style" with "Neymar's style"? In Cesc's case you are comparing his environment. In Neymar's case his "own style", regardless of his environment. So basically you are saying the environment isn't important.

Cesc having a hard time to adapt isn't the narrative I remember when he first came here. Quite the opposite. He was scoring and assisting for fun right from the start and everyone was amazed how he fitted in.

I never mentioned environment... And Cesc was good playing more directly upfront with Messi, not tiki taka. Anytime he tried that it was a big failure. This season is the same. I also didn't compared Neymar's style to pl, but to Barça's... The PL style and Barça's are quite different. Even Arsenal being a little more similar, it's nothing like the way Barça plays.

JamDav1982

I never mentioned environment... And Cesc was good playing more directly upfront with Messi, not tiki taka. Anytime he tried that it was a big failure. I also didn't compared Neymar's style to pl, but to Barça's...

He didnt fail to adapt to tika taka like Xavi as thats not the type of player he is.

If they wanted him to be like that then the failure was buying him in the first place.

F

Flavia

He didnt fail to adapt to tika taka like Xavi as thats not the type of player he is.

If they wanted him to be like that then the failure was buying him in the first place.

Don't know why I bother, but yes, he was brought back to be Xavi's replacement. Don't you remember that? His style changed because he stayed for so long at arsenal. He wasn't molded in la masia. There was no need for Cesc.

F

Flavia

lol Maybe I'm stupid and really don't get the point. Aren't you essentially saying that Cesc didn't fit in at Barca because he played in a different environment (for Arsenal in the Premier League)?

He played in a different system, with a different role of the one he was supposed to be playing here. If you call it environment than yes, I just never used the word for this.
reading back to your previous post, you didn't get what I said. The system and role a player has is important, Neymar happened to play in a similar one, and that's why he fitted in fast.

JamDav1982

Don't know why I bother, but yes, he was brought back to be Xavi's replacement. Don't you remember that? His style changed because he stayed for so long at arsenal. He wasn't molded in la masia. There was no need for Cesc.

How on earth do you know he was brought back to be Xavis replacement?

If Pep thought that then he was way off the mark.

To me it seemed he was brought in as Pep was trying a new 3-4-3 formation and he brought in to play alongside Xavi as he had done many times with Spain.

F

Flavia

How on earth do you know he was brought back to be Xavis replacement?

If Pep thought that then he was way off the mark.

To me it seemed he was brought in as Pep was trying a new 3-4-3 formation and he brought in to play alongside Xavi as he had done many times with Spain.

I have a crystal ball... Seriously, Cesc was coming back regardless of Pep wanting him or not. Prodigal son, Xavi's heir and all that. He was a political buy, and that's common knowledge. Pep didn't even need Cesc to try 3-4-3, he had Thiago.

JamDav1982

I have a crystal ball... Seriously, Cesc was coming back regardless of Pep wanting him or not. Prodigal son, Xavi's heir and all that. He was a political buy, and that's common knowledge. Pep didn't even need Cesc to try 3-4-3, he had Thiago.

Pep wanted Cesc and he was brought in to play closer to Messi which was not Thiagos game.

Pep was the man pushing for that transfer and was going public on it.

If he thought Fabregas was the answer to replacing Xavi in the tiki taka style then that was a huge blunder.

The way he played him suggests he didnt think that anyway.

Home of Barca Fans