Gerard Deulofeu

Jenks

I don't think Everton are in a position to be leaving people on the bench that would improve their chances. It makes more sense that for one reason or another, he offers less than someone they already have. He works hard but positionally he isn't the greatest for example.

coura

Banned
Everton isn't some shitty club who doesn't have players better than Deulofeu, I don't understand why you guys aren't getting that he simply isn't good enough. They're challenging for a european place, if he was good enough he would play.

Do tou realy see the games? Loan him to Celta or bring him back next season. His development is being delayed.

Last edited:

coura

Banned
I don't think Everton are in a position to be leaving people on the bench that would improve their chances. It makes more sense that for one reason or another, he offers less than someone they already have. He works hard but positionally he isn't the greatest for example.

He offers less than McGeady? C´mon. British players like him have no skill. Forget the kick and rush.

coura

Banned
Again, if he was good enough he'd play. You guys all seem to have this idea that he's good enough but for XYZ reason he isn't playing.

How many times have you seen a coach making wrong assessments about a player? Chelsea´s Matic, was 1 year in the bench instead of Javi Garcia of city. lol.
Just one of many, many examples of wrong assessments made by coaches. That do mistakes you know :)

Last edited:

Jenks

Everton aren't the ones that will reap the rewards of developing him though, so why would they take risks they don't need to? If I were manager I would play him personally, but Martinez presumably knows more than I do.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
He is good enough, you've Just continually spewed nonsense in this thread. Today Osman and naismith got on before him and he came on in the last 30 seconds for lukaku who probably didn't do anything but missplace the ball for the last half hour.

Yeah, it's been a headscratcher for some time...Either Deulofeu is being a problem in training or off the pitch (Which would be the opposite of what Martinez has been saying publicly) because he's merited a lot more playing time than he's gotten...All season it's felt like there's been some other strategy Roberto is employing that would defy logic, yet his play largely goes on unrewarded with better minutes

Moreover, bringing on a talent like that with less than a minute of injury time in a match when Everton had been struggling for long stretches was the kind of scenario that came across as insulting to the player, IMO...Disappointed for him, Martinez & Everton because quite frankly what was the point of bringing him on loan to begin with?...Training fodder?...Roberto knows the danger the player creates yet when the game was on edge, he never made a move to improve the Toffees chances that saw momentum flip against them

Martinez seems intelligent yet it continues to be illogical the way he's used...Only thing I can remotely guess is that it's part of a bizarre strategy to stretch that loan into 2 seasons by limiting his growth or exposure...Still, it would be foolish

khaled_a_d

Yeah, it's been a headscratcher for some time...Either Deulofeu is being a problem in training or off the pitch (Which would be the opposite of what Martinez has been saying publicly) because he's merited a lot more playing time than he's gotten...All season it's felt like there's been some other strategy Roberto is employing that would defy logic, yet his play largely goes on unrewarded with better minutes

Moreover, bringing on a talent like that with less than a minute of injury time in a match when Everton had been struggling for long stretches was the kind of scenario that came across as insulting to the player, IMO...Disappointed for him, Martinez & Everton because quite frankly what was the point of bringing him on loan to begin with?...Training fodder?...Roberto knows the danger the player creates yet when the game was on edge, he never made a move to improve the Toffees chances that saw momentum flip against them

Martinez seems intelligent yet it continues to be illogical the way he's used...Only thing I can remotely guess is that it's part of a bizarre strategy to stretch that loan into 2 seasons by limiting his growth or exposure...Still, it would be foolish

right now I want our youngsters as far as possible from Martinez ,and Our players should be loaned to Liga team only tbh,this seems to be the best strategy,we made a mistake to prefer loaning him to Everton over Sevilla

Zangash

Banned
Again, if he was good enough he'd play. You guys all seem to have this idea that he's good enough but for XYZ reason he isn't playing.

He shouldn't be at Everton at all if he isn't good enough to play for them, despite that being absolute horse shit. I'm fairly confident he'd get more minutes on the pitch riding our bench than he is at Everton right now.

DinhoR10

Honestly both he and Rafa should've went to celta he'd probably have been better off. Everton are too good and we need a mid table team where he will start EVERY game he can and be able to play against the best. He did get to play against the likes of arsenal and ended up salvaging a point for the team which is probably an experience Rafa wont get in la liga against the likes of real or atletico but constant playing time is what he needs now.

Adversus

I'm an Everton fan so I would like to add my views.

He didn't start because McGeady played really well last game after coming on as a substitute plus I also don't think Martinez likes to play Barkley and Deulofeu together with them both being inexperienced players and if you notice Barkley (who is our next big talent) is also getting dropped in lots of games especially since Deulofeu has been starting more.

However I think Deulofeu would have gotten on at 60 mins had the game still been at 1-1 however we scored twice and I think all Martinez wanted to do was sure it up a bit by bringing on the experience of Osman and Naismith as we where having trouble keeping the ball.

It was actually one of our worst performances of the season.

On a general note about Deulofeu. I'm a big fan of his and generally the Everton fans have really taken to him but he's not even close to be ready for Barca. He looses the ball a lot and his decision making is very poor. To be honest given that he's the jewel in the crown of La Masia I'm surprised he's not further along.

However more minutes at a team where he'll be the star playing against much weaker defenders like you get in La Liga is not the answer. If anything all that will do is feed his ego. He's better playing for a good team at the level we are where he can realistically fight for a first team position and learn to trust his teammates and fail whenever he tries to do it all himself. There's potentially a world class player there but if he's not careful or if he's hyped up too much he'll be another Royston Drenthe whom a fellow Everton fan compared him to after only seeing him in a few games.

Theconomist

Honestly both he and Rafa should've went to celta he'd probably have been better off. Everton are too good and we need a mid table team where he will start EVERY game he can and be able to play against the best. He did get to play against the likes of arsenal and ended up salvaging a point for the team which is probably an experience Rafa wont get in la liga against the likes of real or atletico but constant playing time is what he needs now.

This is the only thing I've been saying but of course anything that comes off even slightly against Deulofeu makes you all go on the defensive against him.
Thank you Dinho for telling it as it is!

Home of Barca Fans