Gerard Deulofeu

Alarcón

He played much better in the 2nd half... There's an example of a coach who talks to his players and makes and immediate impact on their performance..

Crixus

on the bench again
Blq7jHOIAAAKImF.jpg

Alarcón

No reason he should continue at Everton

I agree; people say he will play less at Barca because we're a better club than Everton but they neglect the fact that Everton have absolutely no interest in developing him and almost every game is fairly tough for them while we have games at home where we know in advance that we're most likely going to him. I think that if we get a coach who entrusts youngsters with a lot of playing time, Deulofeu will play way more than he did at Everton this season.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
I agree; people say he will play less at Barca because we're a better club than Everton but they neglect the fact that Everton have absolutely no interest in developing him and almost every game is fairly tough for them while we have games at home where we know in advance that we're most likely going to him. I think that if we get a coach who entrusts youngsters with a lot of playing time, Deulofeu will play way more than he did at Everton this season.

I agree there has been no significant improvement in his gameplay instead he might have hurt himself getting used to open defenses of the English league

BarcaOG

Banned
lol @ people thinking he's ready to come to barcelona...

hell end up rotting on the bench much the same way tello and sergi roberto have this season

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
The loan has been a failure. This kind of setback gives Adama an advantage (he's a more refined dribbler and passer, just needs to change his tendencies a bit)

Hope Deulo can turn it around.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
The loan has been a failure. This kind of setback gives Adama an advantage (he's a more refined dribbler and passer, just needs to change his tendencies a bit)

Hope Deulo can turn it around.

plus Adama has the tank profile our attack or rather our whole team lacks

FCBarca

Mike the Knife

Precisely...At the start of the season, few would've predicted Everton competing for CL football so their interests weren't ultimately in giving Deulo enough playing time over getting that CL kitty...Priorities...Fair play to Martinez & Everton for their terrific season but Deulofeu is good enough to be playing more - even for them...Truth is, I can't envision a scenario where Barcelona should consider further loans with them if they're merely going to be bench fodder...Our youth players can be bench fodder at Barcelona and train with the best

Ideally though, Deulo should be playing at a Primera side if he isn't going to platoon with the other attacking options of Barcelona's first team

Agree with Don as well that in many ways it's a setback when Adama has been shining himself and seen some first team minutes...Truth is that as spectacular as Deulofeu is, he is looking at Dongou, Munir & Adama trying to break into the attacking rotation with the first team, as well, going forward...This means Gerard needs to play more, period

Last edited:

Galning

‏@gerardeulofeu 31m
Un día más es un día menos!

"Every day passed is a day less!" Probably talking about his time at Everton :lol: seems fed-up with his place on the bench.

DinhoR10

Precisely...At the start of the season, few would've predicted Everton competing for CL football so their interests weren't ultimately in giving Deulo enough playing time over getting that CL kitty...Priorities...Fair play to Martinez & Everton for their terrific season but Deulofeu is good enough to be playing more - even for them...Truth is, I can't envision a scenario where Barcelona should consider further loans with them if they're merely going to be bench fodder...Our youth players can be bench fodder at Barcelona and train with the best

Ideally though, Deulo should be playing at a Primera side if he isn't going to platoon with the other attacking options of Barcelona's first team

Agree with Don as well that in many ways it's a setback when Adama has been shining himself and seen some first team minutes...Truth is that as spectacular as Deulofeu is, he is looking at Dongou, Munir & Adama trying to break into the attacking rotation with the first team, as well, going forward...This means Gerard needs to play more, period

Yup Adama has the talent to compete with him, he's gonna have a tough time becoming a starter here unless he can show his skills right now he looks like first season Man u Ronaldo while we have the reincarnation of Rivaldo(Munir) and something like Ronaldo Phenomenon on steroids (Adama) showing every game that they have the talent to make it. I really think a loan to Celta would be the best thing for him though. He can get time at Barca yes but at Celta he will start EVERY game and by the time he comes back he'll be ready (Look at how amazingly well rafinha went).

Home of Barca Fans