Gerard Deulofeu

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Howeever the whole let's loan X,Y,Z to Celta is unrealistic. They aren't our feeder club.

Well it's a partnership that seems very doable and very likely.

Their coach is a former Barca B coach who respects our academy a lot. 3 of his transfers in his first season were former Barca B players (Nolito, Fontas, and Rafinha on loan) and I wouldn't be surprised to see him go for others like Soriano or Tello/Cuenca if they were to leave. The players we would even bother sending out on loan would be star prospects (Deulofeu and Denis next season, Adama after?) so they would really help Celta with their objectives and would be equally beneficial for them as it is for us.

The only reason that it wouldn't work would be if Lucho were to take over at Barca after Tata leaves. If not, it's a win-win for both parties and could be a healthy step for our canteranos to take in their progression to the first team.

Zangash

Banned
This blind defence of him is surreal. Yes we were poor today but he saw enough of the ball, on about 5 occasions he isolated the defender and had lots of space to use his ability but ended up getting the ball taken off him. He switched sides and carried on getting the ball taken off him. Him not being able to beat a defender is not down to any other player on the pitch.

The one thing he needs to learn is to not be so predictable, defenders seem to have worked him out already.

"Yes, we were poor, but so was Deulofeu! Why didn't he save us? He came to Everton to win us a spot in the CL! Why is he not performing? He simply isn't good enough to play for us, we should keep him another year."

:lol:

Theconomist

Well it's a partnership that seems very doable and very likely.

Their coach is a former Barca B coach who respects our academy a lot. 3 of his transfers in his first season were former Barca B players (Nolito, Fontas, and Rafinha on loan) and I wouldn't be surprised to see him go for others like Soriano or Tello/Cuenca if they were to leave. The players we would even bother sending out on loan would be star prospects (Deulofeu and Denis next season, Adama after?) so they would really help Celta with their objectives and would be equally beneficial for them as it is for us.

The only reason that it wouldn't work would be if Lucho were to take over at Barca after Tata leaves. If not, it's a win-win for both parties and could be a healthy step for our canteranos to take in their progression to the first team.

If Cela wants them then sure, but we can't take that for granted. You can't build a team around loanees. However if they do agree to take them on then that'd be great.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
If Cela wants them then sure, but we can't take that for granted. You can't build a team around loanees. However if they do agree to take them on then that'd be great.

If we do it, it should be done smartly.

Each player we loan to them should be given the one year to develop. If they clearly aren't first team material, we sell them (Celta getting first option) with a possible buyback. If they are first team material, then we bring them back and transition them in (likely giving Celta a different loan player if both parties agree). This is tricky because they will get less playing time initially at Barca but we need a coach who will value them enough to bring them up.

Ideally, there will be no loan dependence situation where Celta suffer due to not being able to build around their best player because they are only on loan (ala Courtois at Atletico). At a lower table club like Celta, their best players only stay 1-2 seasons before leaving anyway so the club is used to having better performers cycling in and out rather than staying (for example, Aspas only staying with them for one season after promotion before leaving to Liverpool). The thing is, there will always be some restriction. We won't be able to loan them Sandro or Munir because they already have Santi Mina. We can't give them Godswill because they have Mallo. Stuff like that can be sorted out on a case by case basis.

All in all, there's room to regularly loan them our players. Celta don't have the stability as a club to build around a single player anyway so I don't think having a partnership with Barca would hurt their operations. Having a strong loan system is pretty important to a club like ours with our academy and number of talents. They need a proper environment to prove themselves and develop, Celta could provide that as well as benefit from having quality players. A mutually beneficial relationship for both clubs.

Theconomist

If we do it, it should be done smartly.

Each player we loan to them should be given the one year to develop. If they clearly aren't first team material, we sell them (Celta getting first option) with a possible buyback. If they are first team material, then we bring them back and transition them in (likely giving Celta a different loan player if both parties agree). This is tricky because they will get less playing time initially at Barca but we need a coach who will value them enough to bring them up.

Ideally, there will be no loan dependence situation where Celta suffer due to not being able to build around their best player because they are only on loan (ala Courtois at Atletico). At a lower table club like Celta, their best players only stay 1-2 seasons before leaving anyway so the club is used to having better performers cycling in and out rather than staying (for example, Aspas only staying with them for one season after promotion before leaving to Liverpool). The thing is, there will always be some restriction. We won't be able to loan them Sandro or Munir because they already have Santi Mina. We can't give them Godswill because they have Mallo. Stuff like that can be sorted out on a case by case basis.

All in all, there's room to regularly loan them our players. Celta don't have the stability as a club to build around a single player anyway so I don't think having a partnership with Barca would hurt their operations. Having a strong loan system is pretty important to a club like ours with our academy and number of talents. They need a proper environment to prove themselves and develop, Celta could provide that as well as benefit from having quality players. A mutually beneficial relationship for both clubs.

Can't not agree mate :) definitely good ideas but then again who's there to listen :/ .

I have a feeling Deulofeu went to Everton for glory and it didn't really workout for him, there where lots of rumors about Sevilla being interested (to replace Navas), that might have turned out much better.

Jenks

Martinez has been playing Barkley and Stones all season who are of a similar age, it's not like he doesn't have the balls to blood youth.

ebieymjunior

Martinez has been playing Barkley and Stones all season who are of a similar age, it's not like he doesn't have the balls to blood youth.

Not sure if it's a reply to the post above, but if so, I meant Barca should find a coach that's not afraid to field young players.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
He was poor against Southampton to be fair.

He was poor on the left, which is his weaker side, tbf...And, again, apart from the fact that Tito's death had to be hanging over him in the match - he was involved in 2 of Everton's best scoring chances on the afternoon...Chances that were directly his doing

Much too much is made of him not doing well but Martinez had understandably been chasing Champions League money rather than focusing on Deulofeu's development...Kid has earned more playing time but has not been used well...Plus, their midfield is either on fumes or running through a poor patch of form - Barkley in particular has not asserted himself in the midfield in a long time...Lukaku has been showing the usual youth failings that crop up at his age

Can't think you can create everything on your own out there on the wing with no support

I'm already convinced on the player and I had my doubts last season even when he had a great one with the B side...He's still got ego issues, IMHO, that can get him to lose focus at times but he's an aggressive attacking wing player...Much more so, IMO, than anyone in our squad, even at present...Even if he isn't given a chance next season, he has to go to a Primera side where he can play more often and against the defenses he will soon face with regularity as a Barcelona player

Zangash

Banned
I'm seeing several reports that he's agreed to extend his Everton stay. I really hope it's all BS and both he and Barca aren't that stupid. Sending him there another season would effectively see him fall behind a rapidly forward moving duo in Adama and Munir.

Adversus

I hope he stays for another season but I'm not really fussed either. He gives us another option but I think it could be in 2 possibly 3 seasons before the best from Deulofeu is seen and by then he definitely will be long gone. I agree with the other Everton supporter, he's done OK but given the hype I'm probably a little disappointed but then again I'm also a little disappointed with Barkley given how good he looked in pre-season and early performances. I guess with young players it is to be expected.

However if Deulofeu hadn't got injured I think he may have really tore up the league. That was a big set back and I think we should remember that.

Home of Barca Fans