Gerard Deulofeu

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
@ All the Everton fans trying to justify Deu's lack of play time you guys say he is not good enough for the first team role but want him to stay another season? Why would you want an inferior Deu when you have the RW Ronaldo in Miralles. Deu's better off going to a more technical team in La Liga preferably one that actually has some midfielders that can start an attack

Gilberto

I would love to see him at clubs like Malaga, Leverkusen or Southampton
At those clubs there isn't too much competition but the level is just high enough

Der Kaiser

I would love to see him at clubs like Malaga, Leverkusen or Southampton
At those clubs there isn't too much competition but the level is just high enough

Leverkusen already have 2 wonderkid wingers in Son and Brandt, I doubt they would want another one... Hopefully he gets loaned to a La Liga team, the PL just isnt the right league to develop youngsters.

Alarcón

Loans are hit-or-miss. The safe way is to keep him at Barça, teach him the proper way of playing and give him playing time according to his performances; that way, we'll have his situation under control instead of putting his fate in the hands of another club who are not interested in developing him anyway. If the next loan is another failure, he'll have more or less stagnated for 2 years in a row which is terrible for a player his age.

Some people are just able to adapt more quickly to new situations and for football players, that determines their ability to play well regardless of the circumstances (new country, language, coach, playing style etc.). Gerard strikes me as the type who relies heavily on a familiar and stable environment, much like Messi, and that's the reason why it would be a risk to send him on another loann, no matter to which club or league.

Alex-kun

two possibilities in my opinion

1) We sell sanchez, pedro holder and Deu first reserve
2) Sanchez remains, Deu still on loan to play more

barcanuck

IF Tello AND one of Pedro/Sanchez go, then there will be room for Delo to take Tello's minutes and Pedro/Sanchez mins to be replaced by classic striker.

Adversus

@ All the Everton fans trying to justify Deu's lack of play time you guys say he is not good enough for the first team role but want him to stay another season? Why would you want an inferior Deu when you have the RW Ronaldo in Miralles. Deu's better off going to a more technical team in La Liga preferably one that actually has some midfielders that can start an attack

He's played the 13th or 14th most amount of time as anyone in our squad plus he didn't play before November and was injured for 2 months. When available he's played.

I also said that the reason I would prefer if he stayed was that he offers us another option plus at that age another year could make a big difference. I really want him to realize his potential and it would be great if it was with us.

But don't blame us if it hasn't gone as well as you expected. We had a poor game at Southampton but we have one of the highest percentage stat of anyone in the league so it's not like we don't build from the back. Plus on a side note, recently it's the teams that have played counter-attacking football that have been dominating Europe and winning the big games. The world has adapted to the tika-taka style. Even La-Liga looks like it's going to be won by Atletico Madrid which play very direct.

I think most of you thought he was going to be the next Messi, a future ballon d'or winner and now that he's up against better more experienced defenders it hasn't quite gone like that. I still think it might but for me the jury is out at this stage.

serghei

Loan him. Not good enough to play for us just yet. Let him play for Everton one more year, he'll catch more minutes next season, maybe even CL minutes. At Barca he'll be the third choice for RW position. And why would anyone sell Alves or Pedro to make room for Deulofeu? Not even Zubi is that retarded.

spark

Loan him. Not good enough to play for us just yet. Let him play for Everton one more year, he'll catch more minutes next season, maybe even CL minutes. At Barca he'll be the third choice for RW position. And why would anyone sell Alves or Pedro to make room for Deulofeu? Not even Zubi is that retarded.

You could ask Why would anyone leave Henry on the bench to play pedro? Leaving him outside of the Barca system for two years is not going to help him or us. He deserves at least a preseason with us. Pedro won his status as a viable option by scoring on the pre season tour and then in the super cup against Athletic. I believe this is the first year Deulo doesn't have any summer tournament with Spain's youth teams since he was 15, meaning he could start the preseason training from the beginning for the first time since turning professional. For all we know one or more of our forwards gets injured at the world cup or comes back lethargic, he could grab his chance then.

Last edited:

DinhoR10

You could ask Why would anyone leave Henry on the bench to play pedro? Leaving him outside of the Barca system for two years is not going to help him or us. He deserves at least a preseason with us. Pedro won his status as a viable option by scoring on the pre season tour and then in the super cup against Athletic. I believe this is the first year Deulo doesn't have any summer tournament with Spain's youth teams since he was 15, meaning he could start the preseason training from the beginning for the first time since turning professional. For all we know one or more of our forwards gets injured at the world cup or comes back lethargic, he could grab his chance then.

Thats a really good point who better to make a barca player than barca right?

DinhoR10

Yeah, no point on loaning him, especially with Tello leaving and Alexis in doubts.

I think what needs to be said is that we need a coach that will actually play him, he's good enough to start against every team in the bottom 5 atleast and should be starting all copa del rey games before the semi finals/ we bounce up the madrid teams. With that he should have atleast 15-20 games if we have a proper coach.

Home of Barca Fans